Sign in to follow this  
Nuff Said

Bell Gone!

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]We''ve got money for a supposed winger who has less pace than me and wanted to leave....[/quote]

lol Pete what you saying you are unfit and Bell is even unfitter hehehehe

[/quote]

I have a dodgy knee but could still beat him over 50 yards. A winger has to be able  to run. Bell couldn''t. Even if he does need surgery that''s no excuse to sit on the halfway line and spend half a game playing behind Bertrand. Could cross a ball but that''s not enough. Best of luck to him in Coventry.

[/quote]

Is Pete Gunny''s secret weapon ? [:S]

[/quote]

Who knows....after all, Carl Cort was Roeder''s ace up his sleeve....

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]We''ve got money for a supposed winger who has less pace than me and wanted to leave....[/quote]

lol Pete what you saying you are unfit and Bell is even unfitter hehehehe

[/quote]

I have a dodgy knee but could still beat him over 50 yards. A winger has to be able  to run. Bell couldn''t. Even if he does need surgery that''s no excuse to sit on the halfway line and spend half a game playing behind Bertrand. Could cross a ball but that''s not enough. Best of luck to him in Coventry.

[/quote]

Is Pete Gunny''s secret weapon ? [:S]

[/quote]

Who knows....after all, Carl Cort was Roeder''s ace up his sleeve....

[/quote]

God don''t remind us,Cort looks like a fish out of water when he comes on.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

The comparison to David Beckham is irrelevant, unless we all think Bell is good enough to play for Milan and England?

Once a player asks to leave Norwich City that''s it for me.

[/quote]

Far be it from me to argue with the forum moderator but why is the comparison irrelevant? Posters on here are criticising Bell for not beating a couple of players while zipping down the wing. I was just saying that it''s not really his game.

It would be like saying Cureton is crap because he doesn''t hold the ball up, win flick-ons and score from headers; that''s a Peter Crouch player while Cureton is more like a Michael Owen.

Also where have all these reports come from that Bell demanded to leave? Are these stories quickly hushed up or just spread by hear-say? Because I never get to hear them!

Yay less perm players more loanees. Kind of pisses me off how it was all we''re not gonna sell a winger now we got Carney and now this the next day.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

In style of play! Jeez.

Any chance of having a pop-up version of the Pink ''Un message boards?

[/quote]Ha-ha! Sorry, I couldn''t resist! [:D]

[quote user="CT "]

Was going to get Bell 17 on the back of my city shirt- very glad I didnt!!

Dont go Sammy[;)]

[/quote]You could still put Bell on the back of your shirt [:P][;)]

Very dissapointed, another clear pointer towards relegation.

I hope it is part of the deal that he cant play against us at carrow road in what is a must win home game. The law of the former player could well put us down.

Saying that i''m pretty convinced that we will be down by 9.30 tonight.

Very disappointed with this decision, all we need now is Crofty to reject a new contract and we have no right winger at the club.

Still we''ve only got 1 fit striker and one central defender who beloengs to us so does it matter.

Can things get any worse.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Very disappointed with this decision, all we need now is Crofty to reject a new contract and we have no right winger at the club.

Still we''ve only got 1 fit striker and one central defender who beloengs to us so does it matter.

[/quote]

I''ve just had a text from a friend asking if the rumour going around his work place is true,when i replied,Yes Bell has gone to Coventry,he got back with yes and Croft is not playing tonight he''s in Sheffield for talks? So Angel it might just get worse,hopefully it''s just another rumour started by a bored Tesco worker.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

What is the actual point in being disappointed in the decision though? If he wants to move back closer to home with his young family, then that''s fair enough, it would be totally wrong for anyone to stand in his way. I wish him well, he''s a very good crosser of the ball, but he doesn''t really have that much else to his game in all honesty. I can''t really understand why Coventry have bought him because he''s still to have his ankle operation. When he has that, he must be sidelined for some time, surely?

Before I start verbally hurling bricks at the board, I''m going to wait until 5pm this Monday and see who we''ve bought and who we''ve sold.

I think that''s being more than fair, don''t you?

Personally I think this is a very sensible move for both the club and for the player.Clearly Bell''s strongest point was his crossing, no arguments from anyone there I''d guess, but regarding this - who have we got to get on the end of them most of the time? Neither Cureton or Lupoli particularly like the ball being crossed in, they prefer it on the floor. The rest of our midfield is also relatively lacking in height, and clearly also prefer the ball on the deck. So tell me exactly how we''d get the most out of a player who''s only real strength is crossing and we have no-one (unless you go for Cort) who wants to receive high balls/crosses...?He was also just as bad as Hucks was for not tracking back, but didn''t offer the same pace and skill going forwards for the trade off.Will be very interested to see who is brought in with the transfer money, could provide the funds we need for better options at the back or for a new striker. Perhaps this is also why we wanted the figure undisclosed so as to not make rivals aware of our current funds...Indy.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Unless we are dealing with clubs from Mars i think everybody knows what funds we have . We are totally skint thats why we are loaning in Sheff Utd reserve players .[/quote]Pure conjecture with no evidence to support this conclusion.Amazing at the minute that apparently EVERYONE knows how much cash we have, apart from us...As for the Carney loan signing, personally I couldn''t give a crap WHERE we get players from - as long as they are going to do a good job for us, be this from Arsenal, Sheff Utd or Kings Lynn...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Loan City Fc "]Unless we are dealing with clubs from Mars i think everybody knows what funds we have . We are totally skint thats why we are loaning in Sheff Utd reserve players .[/quote]Pure conjecture with no evidence to support this conclusion.Amazing at the minute that apparently EVERYONE knows how much cash we have, apart from us...As for the Carney loan signing, personally I couldn''t give a crap WHERE we get players from - as long as they are going to do a good job for us, be this from Arsenal, Sheff Utd or Kings Lynn...[/quote]This would be because our Chief Executive one Neil Doncaster has taken the opportunity on several occasions recently to tell us we have no money and no new investment is imminent.Here''s some evidence there''s plenty out there in the media if you look.Official website

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Loan City Fc "]Unless we are dealing with clubs from Mars i think everybody knows what funds we have . We are totally skint thats why we are loaning in Sheff Utd reserve players .[/quote]Pure conjecture with no evidence to support this conclusion.Amazing at the minute that apparently EVERYONE knows how much cash we have, apart from us...As for the Carney loan signing, personally I couldn''t give a crap WHERE we get players from - as long as they are going to do a good job for us, be this from Arsenal, Sheff Utd or Kings Lynn...[/quote]if the events of last jan tranny window are to be repeated then, at the very least, ''loan city'' has history on his side!!!

[U]gutted to see bell go - our only wide midfielder with the know-how to create goal chances...but if he''s gone for £800k then i hope double this is spent on recruiting a new cb and striker...don''t think ''keeping powder dry'' for the summer will wash this time aound...wouldn''t it have been great to have seen hucks on the left and bell on the right playing for city??? two great players who possess in spades the technical ability and nouse to create goal assists...but roedy dumped hucks and played bell on the left - doh!!![:''(]

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]Spot on Pete - glad some of us are keeping our heads!

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]We''ve got money for a supposed winger who has less pace than me and wanted to leave....[/quote][/quote]

Well said, I liked his delivery but that is all he could do to be honest, if we got 600k plus for him and we have a replacement ready, then good deal.

Gunn said that he wanted to go back home or to be nearer to it, don''t know where that it is.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Loan City Fc "]Unless we are dealing with clubs from Mars i think everybody knows what funds we have . We are totally skint thats why we are loaning in Sheff Utd reserve players .
[/quote]Pure conjecture with no evidence to support this conclusion.

Amazing at the minute that apparently EVERYONE knows how much cash we have, apart from us...

As for the Carney loan signing, personally I couldn''t give a crap WHERE we get players from - as long as they are going to do a good job for us, be this from Arsenal, Sheff Utd or Kings Lynn...
[/quote]

Are you actually Joe Ferrari''s cousin? And is your name Simon Sinclair C5?......Do you have any negatives concerning NCFC - or do you believe all is well and scrumptious at Carra, and we''re absolutely minted and will win every game from tonight till May 3rd?.....

Is Carney fit enough to play?.....I