Sign in to follow this  
Nuff Said

Bell Gone!

Decent enough player - good delivery but couldn''t beat a man down the wing. If we got a few hundred thousand more than we paid for him then a good bit of business in my book. Wouldn''t have been in my first choice midfield.

It will be interesting to see where that money ends up. My guess is it will be "already accounted for" - let''s hope not.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1538211,00.html

The only positive could be that we think we''ll keep Crofty?
[/quote]

Disappointing because the lad''s delivery was quality and he never had a chance in his correct position. However, the board can no longer claim lack of funds and whatever we got MUST go back into the transfer budget. I believe we paid £400K for him (according to Roeder) so assume we must have got a least that to sell so soon.

Only llayer we have capable of putting  in a decent cross. Always looked lightweight to me, in fairness he never reallyu got a  good run, I`m  not sure if he`s ever been fully fit since his injury. Hope we made a profit on him, good  luck for the future. Lets hope  Gunny spends the money wisely, thats assuming the  money goes into the player pot of course. Gettinng very near deadline  and  risk  panic buy,  we all know what that  can  mean dont we.

Shocking yet unsurprising.TBH Nothing involving selling players surprises me any more at Norwich City Convalescence Club can see Crofty and/or Rusty going in the last 24 hours of the window yet.

Its still sitting there aswell..... i want to buy not sell - GUNN (front page of the pinkun)....

THis guy has already been replaced by a player who cant get in a promotion chasing side... says it all..... SELL SELL SELL.... nothing changes!!!!

wasn''t there talk of this a while ago, a swap deal for someone if i remember rightly, all denied at the time of course.

Thought it was just all talk. I suppose it makes sense really tho. As good a deliverer of the ball as he is, i still prefer Croft, and think Croft has more potential. Let''s hope we got a cool £1m or so for him, allowing us to go out and gfet Wayne Brown on a Nominal fee, that Leijer bloke and the mighty Ched for £1.2m.

Very disappointed - I liked Bell and thought he was a decent enough player - I just hope we got closer to 800k than 400k - no excuses now not to see a decent striker signing before the deadline.

Hopefully we can sort out contract details wth Croft quickly now, because if we lose him as well we would be in the do-do.  Looks like Bell had pretty much made up his mind he wanted out though so perhaps this was inevitable - we must use the money to reinvest in a striker/CB.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Typical really, isn''t it... In an ideal world this would mean we get Ward in exchange, but somehow I doubt it...
[/quote]

If it was an exchange you would think it would be announced as such,so I rather doubt it, sadly.

Doncaster made it very clear that there was no cash in the transfer kitty and that was before we paid off Roeder. Everyone was saying that we couldn''t afford to sack Roeder so maybe this is where his £500k is coming from

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Thought it was just all talk. I suppose it makes sense really tho. As good a deliverer of the ball as he is, i still prefer Croft, and think Croft has more potential. Let''s hope we got a cool £1m or so for him, allowing us to go out and gfet Wayne Brown on a Nominal fee, that Leijer bloke and the mighty Ched for £1.2m.[/quote]Dream on!!!

What a fecking joke, the manager came out and said that we are looking to buy not sell then the very next day we sell a player who imo has the potential to be a great player for Norwich City, UNDISCLOSED that word haunts us fans,jus i hope we have a forward and defender already lined up but i get the feeling the club will bring in another loan player who we haven''t heard of and the money will be accounted for before we know it!!

Thought this was on the cards with arrival of Carney. Decent enough player, good delivery but couldnt take defenders on. Basically the opposite to Crofty who can run at defenders but has poor delivery. Hopefully the money recieved will be put towards a decent striker.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

good riddance.. he was overrated crap anyway,

jas :)

[/quote]Rubbish Jas, if you hadn''t noticed we just sold our leading assist maker this season.  What on earth?!

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

good riddance.. he was overrated crap anyway,

jas :)

[/quote]

Rubbish Jas, if you hadn''t noticed we just sold our leading assist maker this season.  What on earth?!
[/quote]

Exactly.

Seven assists in twenty games is fairly good going. Especially as he only started thirteen of those games. If anything I would say he was underrated by most fans.

Big mistake in my opinion [N]

unbelieveable!!! A contracted player probably let go for peanuts!! midfield was one area we had in depth and Bell was a quality player........so now we have even less service to our er........strikers...............cue another loan