Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

If...

If the board do not give Gunn the fees from the Bell transfer, which I am disgusted by to say the least, then I am sorry but it is time for more pressure to be put on them.  Selling our leading assist maker is not good business, and is footballing suicide in my opinion.  Selling one of our few contracted players is even more ridiculous.I am happy to wait and see what happens over the coming few days, but if we don''t bring in at least two players, and a least one permanently then this transfer window has been a complete flop, and the board have arguably sold  one of our more important players.  Time for action, the board need to stand up and be counted, and if they don''t then I give up on them.Absolutely disgusted by this news, sort it out, because if we are turning into a selling club to rivals in the Championship then there really is only one way, and that is down, as much as I hate to say it.

Norwich have always been a selling club though, so I don''t know why anyone is shocked by this move.  It''s called robbing peter to pay paul [:(]

I ain''t happy Bell has gone but he''s gone now and didn''t want to stay with us.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Norwich have always been a selling club though, so I don''t know why anyone is shocked by this move.  It''s called robbing peter to pay paul [:(]

I ain''t happy Bell has gone but he''s gone now and didn''t want to stay with us.

[/quote]If we''d have sold to someone better than Coventry, then yes I could understand it, well actually no I couldn''t he is one of our bloody best players.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

If we''d have sold to someone better than Coventry, then yes I could understand it, well actually no I couldn''t he is one of our bloody best players.
[/quote]

No he isn''t, a few decent crosses but zero pace and couldn''t beat his man, would rather have a decent CB and striker for the money

[/quote]

If we''d have sold to someone better than Coventry, then yes I could understand it, well actually no I couldn''t he is one of our bloody best players.
[/quote]

But the bloke clearly wasn''t happy at NCFC, and if he wanted to go then what else should the club have done?  Handcuffed him to the goalposts? lol

I would sooner have players who want to live and breath NCFC, and especially in the position we are now.

Let''s wait and see what Gunny has up his sleeve before going into panic mode eh?[;)]

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No he isn''t, a few decent crosses but zero pace and couldn''t beat his man, would rather have a decent CB and striker for the money

[/quote]

perhaps if he was played on his prefered side he might have done, plus i saw him beat his man quite a few times

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Norwich have always been a selling club though,  [/quote]

Its worse than that, we are not even recycling the fees we receive into new players.....like the money re Earnshaw and Etuhu. More tangible fixed assets anyone?

Enjoy the Joe Lewis Diner.

[/quote]

How do you know where Bell''s fees have gone?  Proper Mystic Meg aren''t you lol

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed and may be we can blood Daley on the left wing

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Norwich have always been a selling club though,  [/quote]

Its worse than that, we are not even recycling the fees we receive into new players.....like the money re Earnshaw and Etuhu. More tangible fixed assets anyone?

[/quote]

How do you know where Bell''s fees have gone?  Proper Mystic Meg aren''t you lol

[/quote]

Merely commenting on your comment about Norwich being a selling club and the clubs promise about the Earnshaw and Etuhu fees being used for new players. I haven''t made a comment about the use of Bell''s fee if you check my post above.

Have a nice day!

[/quote]If we''d have sold to someone better than Coventry, then yes I could understand it, well actually no I couldn''t he is one of our bloody best players.[/quote]

[/quote]couldn''t disagree more, Bell was a good player and added depth to our midfield......they just needed to play him in his preferred position

[quote user="ncfcstar"]If the board do not give Gunn the fees from the Bell transfer, which I am disgusted by to say the least, then I am sorry but it is time for more pressure to be put on them.  Selling our leading assist maker is not good business, and is footballing suicide in my opinion.  Selling one of our few contracted players is even more ridiculous.

I am happy to wait and see what happens over the coming few days, but if we don''t bring in at least two players, and a least one permanently then this transfer window has been a complete flop, and the board have arguably sold  one of our more important players.  Time for action, the board need to stand up and be counted, and if they don''t then I give up on them.

Absolutely disgusted by this news, sort it out, because if we are turning into a selling club to rivals in the Championship then there really is only one way, and that is down, as much as I hate to say it.
[/quote]

Spot on mate. Bell is a quality player, but of course he doesn''t run around like a headless chicken before spannering yet another cross into the stands, nor does he "bleed yellow and green" whatever that means. If we don''t see quality arrivals at centre back and upfront on the back of this I really think that I may be standing shoulder to shoulder with Smudger on his next protest!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]If the board do not give Gunn the fees from the Bell transfer, which I am disgusted by to say the least, then I am sorry but it is time for more pressure to be put on them.  Selling our leading assist maker is not good business, and is footballing suicide in my opinion.  Selling one of our few contracted players is even more ridiculous.

I am happy to wait and see what happens over the coming few days, but if we don''t bring in at least two players, and a least one permanently then this transfer window has been a complete flop, and the board have arguably sold  one of our more important players.  Time for action, the board need to stand up and be counted, and if they don''t then I give up on them.

Absolutely disgusted by this news, sort it out, because if we are turning into a selling club to rivals in the Championship then there really is only one way, and that is down, as much as I hate to say it.
[/quote]

Spot on mate. Bell is a quality player, but of course he doesn''t run around like a headless chicken before spannering yet another cross into the stands, nor does he "bleed yellow and green" whatever that means. If we don''t see quality arrivals at centre back and upfront on the back of this I really think that I may be standing shoulder to shoulder with Smudger on his next protest!

[/quote]

lol you wont be alone, but it''s a scary thought  [:D]

WTF games do you watch?  Bell is lightweight and disinterested.  He has done very little apart from a couple of crosses.  If we got anywhere near 500k or a a bit of cash and Elliot Ward we rightly bit their loody hands off![quote user="ncfcstar"]If the board do not give Gunn the fees from the Bell transfer, which I am disgusted by to say the least, then I am sorry but it is time for more pressure to be put on them.  Selling our leading assist maker is not good business, and is footballing suicide in my opinion.  Selling one of our few contracted players is even more ridiculous.I am happy to wait and see what happens over the coming few days, but if we don''t bring in at least two players, and a least one permanently then this transfer window has been a complete flop, and the board have arguably sold  one of our more important players.  Time for action, the board need to stand up and be counted, and if they don''t then I give up on them.Absolutely disgusted by this news, sort it out, because if we are turning into a selling club to rivals in the Championship then there really is only one way, and that is down, as much as I hate to say it.[/quote]

[quote user="ridgeman"]

We are Yellows wrote;

lol you wont be alone, but it''s a scary thought  Big Smile [:D]

It is time to think long and hard about season ticket renewal.

[/quote]

It''s funny I said just as much on another thread.  The club have to show me a bit of ambition or they wont be getting the money for two adult LB season tickets, simple as.

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]WTF games do you watch?  Bell is lightweight and disinterested.  He has done very little apart from a couple of crosses.  If we got anywhere near 500k or a a bit of cash and Elliot Ward we rightly bit their loody hands off!

[/quote]

Seven assists in twelve starts. Who gives a f*ck if he''s ''lightweight'' (what ever that means [:^)]) if he can create chances like that. But of course we''d prefer somebody who runs around a lot, looks ''interested'' and shows that all important ''passion'' [|-)].

If Bell did not want to be here, then so be it, he''s best gone. He did not convince me. A winger needs to be able to beat his man and cross the ball. (Maybe we should had cloned or morphed croft and bell together).

What worries me is that our waffer thin squad is now even thinner, and it''s another contracted player gone.

This window is crucial for our survival. Failure to bring in fresh players, a decent central defenfer and a good striker for a start could well amount to suicide. If we get no-body in, the board have failed us the supporters, Norwich City and themselves, and it will just go to show what many fear, that Brian Gunn was the cheapest and easiest option when it came to managerial choice.

Come next tuesday we will have a clear indication of the boards true intent, and a much better idea of where the future of Norwich City really lays and where they intend taking us. If they really want to secure Championship survival then the clock is ticking and time is running out.

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]

would rather have a decent CB and striker for the money

[/quote]But the big gripe many of us have is that since relegation the club are more concerned with ''making profits on player transfers'' than investing in players. We''ve been a selling club as long as I can remember but it''s only very recently we''ve been a club that failed to re-invest suffficient of the yield from players sales to ensure perpetuity. You might prefer a decnt CB and a striker for the money and I can''t argue with that the problem is the board of Norwich have set several precedents in these cases, they have serious ''form'' for selling players and creaming the profit for other purposes than squad strengthening. This is inarguable since ''profits from player trading'' appear prominently in the NCFC accounts recently. I suggest if you are hoping for a good CB and striker from the Bell money or the Etuhu money or the Earnshaw money even that you get yourself a good book, a comfy chair, make yourselves a flask and some sandwiches and whatever you do don''t hold your breath. The transfer deadline will be around before too long then we can all breath out again and put our disappointments behind us ''til the Summer transfer window when it starts all over again.

[/quote]

[/quote]

You obviously know fuck all. Like i said in another thread, Bell was crap. Lazy couldn''t be bothered, so predictable when on the wing, always cut inside, continously offside when looking across the line, and slower than Iwan Roberts. About 50% of his crosses, corners and set players were decent, but the other half were crap, just like him. His green boots summed him up totally.

[quote user="JohnoBono"]

If Bell did not want to be here, then so be it, he''s best gone. He did not convince me. A winger needs to be able to beat his man and cross the ball. (Maybe we should had cloned or morphed croft and bell together).

[/quote]

Going off-topic but I have been thinking about this for a Thread topic for a while - make a team of 11 City players out of 22 past/present players by genetic engineering. Not every player has the complete skill set for their preferred position so splice two players into one to make the "perfect" player - Croft and Bell is a great example.

[quote user="ncfc90"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]If we''d have sold to someone better than Coventry, then yes I could understand it, well actually no I couldn''t he is one of our bloody best players.[/quote]

You obviously know fuck all. Like i said in another thread, Bell was crap. Lazy couldn''t be bothered, so predictable when on the wing, always cut inside, continously offside when looking across the line, and slower than Iwan Roberts. About 50% of his crosses, corners and set players were decent, but the other half were crap, just like him. His green boots summed him up totally.

[/quote]No, he set up more than any other player this season and played half the games.  That is why he is important.  I''m sure I know hardly anything compared to your wide ranging football knowledge, sorry I must have missed your tenure as England manager.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="ncfc90"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, he set up more than any other player this season and played half the games.  That is why he is important.  I''m sure I know hardly anything compared to your wide ranging football knowledge, sorry I must have missed your tenure as England manager.
[/quote]

He did setup some goals and he did deliver some good balls into the box.

However, that''s just not enough. We all know that you''ve really got to compete in this league and if you''ve got players who aren''t prepared to do that then you''re making things that much harder for yourself.

If he was creating you goals or scoring goals himself every match then it might be a bit different, you might be able to ignore the fact he doesn''t do a lot else, but he was in and out of games and didn''t deliver consistently. People used to say Hucks didn''t track back etc but at least with Hucks the opposition would have been worried about him on the break.

[quote user="GJP"]

He did setup some goals and he did deliver some good balls into the box. However, that''s just not enough.

[/quote]

How is it ''not enough''. As somebody who was essentially a wide midfield player (although he was never really an out and out winger) surely that''s his main job. Seven assists in twelve starts is more than respectable for a a player who accoring to Bryan Gunn had ''struggled to settle''.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="GJP"]

He did setup some goals and he did deliver some good balls into the box. However, that''s just not enough.

[/quote]

How is it ''not enough''. As somebody who was essentially a wide midfield player (although he was never really an out and out winger) surely that''s his main job. Seven assists in twelve starts is more than respectable for a a player who accoring to Bryan Gunn had ''struggled to settle''.

[/quote]

However, if he ran around  a lot to little effect, put 30% of his crosses into the crowd and produced 3 assists having played virtually every game he would be a "fans favourite".Oh and bled green and yellow, obviously.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

However, if he ran around  a lot to little effect, put 30% of his crosses into the crowd and produced 3 assists having played virtually every game he would be a "fans favourite".Oh and bled green and yellow, obviously.

[/quote]Yeah of course, didn''t you realise that mate? [;)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Surely we should have all 3 shouldn''t we???

Of course, unless Gunny manages to persuade Crofty to sign a new contract or sells him to somebody in the next 24 hours then we will be looking for another right winger suitable for Div 1 standard football come the summer...

Whoops.... one mistake after another.... [:$]