Sign in to follow this  
Spin Spin City Again

Bret Omerod???

Just you wait and see?

What an awful day in NCFC history. I''m sorry but David Bell is a quality footballer who has been playing in the wrong position by our idiotic ex manager!!!

This club just gets worse with the lies!

"We do not need to sell" - Those words are going to come back and haunt us!

Obviously we need 1 or 2 strikers and a CB, but where from with no money?

Perhaps I will be proved wrong, by Monday''s deadline, but I doubt it.

NCFC - The truth is out there! But we will never be told as long as the Smith regime is in charge!

OTBC 

Well If thats true fair enough! It can only indicate one thing to me Lee Croft is going nowhere, and Mr Bell knew that and didn''t want to stay on the bench. His second position had just been filled also by our new Aussie recruit.

Now i''m not an expert on Coventry City, but who is playing on the right hand side for them? Or was it Jay Tabb?

Well let''s just hope we can get the players in then?

No news is good news!

[quote user="Sheffield uni Canary"]The reason we sold Bell was because he was unhappy and wanted to leave for personal reasons, you can''t keep unhappy players at the club, especially in the position we are in now.[/quote]

People complain if you sell them (even though a replacement has already been bought in) and people were complaining before when he didn''t "look like he wants to play for us".  They can''t win.  Personally, it if means that it provides the money to keep Croft, plus a little in the bank, I am happy with the deals.

[quote user="dhickl"]

[quote user="Sheffield uni Canary"]The reason we sold Bell was because he was unhappy and wanted to leave for personal reasons, you can''t keep unhappy players at the club, especially in the position we are in now.[/quote]

People complain if you sell them (even though a replacement has already been bought in) and people were complaining before when he didn''t "look like he wants to play for us".  They can''t win.  Personally, it if means that it provides the money to keep Croft, plus a little in the bank, I am happy with the deals.

[/quote]

I forgot to mention that people also complain about selling before getting someone in, but Gunn hasn''t done that. 

Then again I''m sure that some people will still complain.  They won''t be happy until we are in a position like Man City - in the PL with Billionaire owners...

[quote user="dhickl"]

[/quote]

A replacement hasn''t been brought in, Carney is here on loan and Bell was worth a fee. We can''t carry on like this!

[quote user="dhickl"]

[/quote]

I agree, i''m not sure how much we would have got for him, but he was never going to displace crofty in the team, and the left wing is not his best position, yes he is one of our only players who could take a set piece, but the lad Carney is left footed and given time could be a good replacement, it should turn out to be a good deal, especially as bell needs an ankle operation as well, which would keep him out for a number of months

[quote user="Hairy Canary"][quote user="dhickl"]

[/quote]

A replacement hasn''t been brought in, Carney is here on loan and Bell was worth a fee. We can''t carry on like this!

[/quote]

I totally agree Hairy!! Also Carney has stated that he "WILL BE BACK" at Sheff Utd. Short term fix, we are becoming a joke!!! No noise from our majority shareholders either?

Head stuck firmly in sand syndrome! Could that be a clue that are bowing out from this club?

[quote user="Spin Spin City Again"][quote user="Hairy Canary"][quote user="dhickl"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I totally agree Hairy!! Also Carney has stated that he "WILL BE BACK" at Sheff Utd. Short term fix, we are becoming a joke!!! No noise from our majority shareholders either?

Head stuck firmly in sand syndrome! Could that be a clue that are bowing out from this club?

[/quote]I agree with the sentiments of the post, but i feel that in the interests of accuracy, i must add to the debate - firstly - Carney is out of contract in the summer too i believe (feel free to correct me if im wrong) , so may well become our player on a free in the summer. He has not stated he "will be back" at Sheff Utd, that was a typically over-inflated headline which was misingenuous to say the least. If you read that article, it does not quote him as saying i will be back at all - it actually quotes him as saying: "I still believe I can do a job for Sheffield United. It''s a great club, a great stadium and I think the fans like me.""They''ve always been good to me at least and it would have been good to have been a part of trying to go for the play-offs.""But I do need to be playing some football because it''s been a long time since I did that."He also says in the same article: ""I''m really looking forward to doing well for them and I''ll be giving it my utmost. Then we''ll have to see what happens."

[quote user="Spin Spin City Again"][quote user="Hairy Canary"][quote user="dhickl"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just a thought but could we buy back Martin and Spillane loan deal  or is that a complete and utter stupid idea for me to even think about ?I''ll await to outcome

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Spin Spin City Again"][quote user="Hairy Canary"][quote user="dhickl"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I understand what you are saying. But as a football club we are becoming a joke. I''m a season ticket holder and shareholder and watching Michael and Delia ask the shareholders how do we get investment into the club, was the last straw!

Just one more thing the cook slipped with her tongue at the AGM that Doncaster came to their house with the exciting news of Peter Cullum''s investment offer, but apparently there was no investment offer we were then told? Lies, Lies and more Lies!!!!

Make of that what you will!

[/quote]

I agree with the sentiments of the post, but i feel that in the interests of accuracy, i must add to the debate - firstly - Carney is out of contract in the summer too i believe (feel free to correct me if im wrong) , so may well become our player on a free in the summer. He has not stated he "will be back" at Sheff Utd, that was a typically over-inflated headline which was misingenuous to say the least. If you read that article, it does not quote him as saying i will be back at all - it actually quotes him as saying: "I still believe I can do a job for Sheffield United. It''s a great club, a great stadium and I think the fans like me."

"They''ve always been good to me at least and it would have been good to have been a part of trying to go for the play-offs."

"But I do need to be playing some football because it''s been a long time since I did that."

He also says in the same article: ""I''m really looking forward to doing well for them and I''ll be giving it my utmost. Then we''ll have to see what happens."[/quote]

I understand what you are saying. But as a football club we are becoming a joke. I''m a season ticket holder and shareholder and watching Michael and Delia ask the shareholders how do we get investment into the club, was the last straw!

Just one more thing the cook slipped with her tongue at the AGM that Doncaster came to their house with the exciting news of Peter Cullum''s investment offer, but apparently there was no investment offer we were then told? Lies, Lies and more Lies!!!!

[quote user="Spin Spin City Again"]

[/quote]Don''t remember her saying that… would you care to expand your knowledge on this? I was there and may have missed it on my pee break, but surprised it hasn''t been mentioned before!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="paul moy"]Let''s wait and see.  They have my season-ticket and a few thousand others to consider !! [/quote]

Our two as well [:)]

[/quote]

And my four.

[quote user="Graham Paddon''s Beard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="paul moy"]Let''s wait and see.  They have my season-ticket and a few thousand others to consider !! [/quote/]

Our two as well [:)]

[/quote]

And my four.

[/quote]

And mine, in fact I''ll be waiting untill as late as possible to see whether we are actually going to sign some of our own players even if it means paying more money. It will take more than bringing a few ex players back to convince me that things will be any different next season.

[quote user="Spin Spin City Again"]

Just you wait and see?

What an awful day in NCFC history. I''m sorry but David Bell is a quality footballer who has been playing in the wrong position by our idiotic ex manager!!!

This club just gets worse with the lies!

"We do not need to sell" - Those words are going to come back and haunt us!

Obviously we need 1 or 2 strikers and a CB, but where from with no money?

Perhaps I will be proved wrong, by Monday''s deadline, but I doubt it.

NCFC - The truth is out there! But we will never be told as long as the Smith regime is in charge!

OTBC 

[/quote]

Yeah... he''s signed for Blackpool.