Sign in to follow this  
Gentleman Jim

We can nearly afford Ched !

Well 3/4 of him that is . According to our youth team coach ,Mr. Adams on Canary Call, we have at least 800K to spend.

Perhaps we are actually going to BUY someone instead of loaning, aint that a nice thought ?

I''m a bit suspicious that someone who''s getting paid by NCFC would actually go public with an alleged transfer budget given that it goes against everything Neil Doncaster believes in, with the whole ''puts the buying in club in jeopardy if the selling club knows the budget'' etc etc... [:^)]

...but surely we should be listening to those Coventry supporters who say we are ''cash strapped'' and desperate for money?  Even our great sage Wiz (ahem) reckons we are close to administration..... 

Clearly someone isn''t right....the next few days will give us a good indication on who it is - my money is on that we have a bit to spend, but it sadly wouldn''t be the world''s biggest surprise if the alternative was true (not for administration, but that we''d not got any money to sign players)!

There is no way that we paid all the monies to Luton straight away. The next couple of days are a big indicator, if we manage to get a defender and a good striker and pay some decent money, then we have used the money wisely ish. If we get no one else in or another few loans, then we are well and truly in the deep doo doo.

Norfolk said :-

" He''s the exact player we need, but £800K is not £1.2M."

I did just about realise that. Perhaps that''s why I said three quarters, the point was that a member of the City management team has given us an insight into the transfer kitty.

[quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

I did just about realise that. Perhaps that''s why I said three quarters, the point was that a member of the City management team has given us an insight into the transfer kitty.

[/quote]

Yes, you did....

and my point is that anything short of Ched Evens will not be enough, and IMO we don''t have enough money to save relegation.

[:P][quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

[/quote]

Its not 3/4 of the money Jim, its 75%

[quote user="NorfolkChance"][quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

[/quote]

Yes, you did....

and my point is that anything short of Ched Evens will not be enough, and IMO we don''t have enough money to save relegation.

[/quote]

Shoring up the defence is more important than a striker.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"][:P][quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

I did just about realise that. Perhaps that''s why I said three quarters, the point was that a member of the City management team has given us an insight into the transfer kitty.[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeh right, on that note I''ll go to bed ! Good night.

[quote user="Gentleman Jim"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"][:P][quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

I did just about realise that. Perhaps that''s why I said three quarters, the point was that a member of the City management team has given us an insight into the transfer kitty.[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeh right, on that note I''ll go to bed ! Good night.

[/quote]Surely by virtue of calling it 3/4 this means you''re old enough to stay up late Gentleman Jim send the metric whippersnappers off it''s long gone 7:30. [;)]

Is this why according to 1st Wazzock that we can''t even afford to match a £400k bid for Chris Porter???