Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

We can beat Doncaster

They have scored six goals all season at home, for God''s sake.  We should put them away 1-0 or 2-0, pick up three points and then consolidate from there.If we do, we would have taken 7 points from 9, not a bad start for a man with no apparent managerial experience.Fingers crossed, hey.I''m really annoyed about Bell being sold - he was a guaranteed 10-15 assists a season with his dead ball delivery - but what''s done is done.  As long as Fozzy doesn''t start taking corners again, I''ll be less disappointed.1-0 Norwich tonight, Pattison the goalscorer.

Chopsy, Donny havn''t lost at home since October, including top 6 Coca Cola sides AND ASTON VILLA.

I hope we beat them but I fear its gonna be 2 - 1 to Doncaster or similar.

I dread to think what Wolves game is gonna bring, they''re gonna want to give us a proper hiding after the game a t the Carra.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]They have scored six goals all season at home, for God''s sake.  We should put them away 1-0 or 2-0, pick up three points and then consolidate from there.

If we do, we would have taken 7 points from 9, not a bad start for a man with no apparent managerial experience.

Fingers crossed, hey.

I''m really annoyed about Bell being sold - he was a guaranteed 10-15 assists a season with his dead ball delivery - but what''s done is done.  As long as Fozzy doesn''t start taking corners again, I''ll be less disappointed.

1-0 Norwich tonight, Pattison the goalscorer.
[/quote]

That of course would involve us keeping a clean sheet...

[quote user="Mister Chops"]They have scored six goals all season at home, for God''s sake.  We should put them away 1-0 or 2-0, pick up three points and then consolidate from there.

If we do, we would have taken 7 points from 9, not a bad start for a man with no apparent managerial experience.

Fingers crossed, hey.

I''m really annoyed about Bell being sold - he was a guaranteed 10-15 assists a season with his dead ball delivery - but what''s done is done.  As long as Fozzy doesn''t start taking corners again, I''ll be less disappointed.

[/quote]

I hope to god you are right Mister Chops [:)]

[quote user="canaryjock"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]They have scored six goals all season at home, for God''s sake.  We should put them away 1-0 or 2-0, pick up three points and then consolidate from there.If we do, we would have taken 7 points from 9, not a bad start for a man with no apparent managerial experience.Fingers crossed, hey.I''m really annoyed about Bell being sold - he was a guaranteed 10-15 assists a season with his dead ball delivery - but what''s done is done.  As long as Fozzy doesn''t start taking corners again, I''ll be less disappointed.1-0 Norwich tonight, Pattison the goalscorer.[/quote]

[/quote]I will reiterate.  They''ve scored six at home all season.  That''s less than half a goal a game.

Share your views on Bell. Let''s hope he''s been sacrificed in a good cause. But who do you think will score for us on this bitterly cold night in Yorkshire? Personally I''d like to see Lupoli given a start.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="canaryjock"]

Fingers crossed, hey.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I will reiterate.  They''ve scored six at home all season.  That''s less than half a goal a game.

[/quote]

I will reiterate, we''ve conceded 45 goals all season. That''s 1.55 goals per game. [;)]

[quote user="Binky"]Share your views on Bell. Let''s hope he''s been sacrificed in a good cause. But who do you think will score for us on this bitterly cold night in Yorkshire? Personally I''d like to see Lupoli given a start.[/quote]I''d love to see Lupoli start, and I''d love to see him relax and stop trying so hard to beat four or five men before shooting.  Sadly, Gunny is Mister Status Quo (not as in the rock band) so we can expect the same team as started against Barnsley & Southampton, Carney a direct replacement for Bell i.e. on the bench.I can only predict a scrappy game in which some unlikely scorer like

Pattison or Fozzy will pop up in the box to scuff in a 10 yarder.  It should be Patty''s sort of game, I''d reckon.  Or even the Doc from a corner.

I wonder if there will be a late pitch inspection given the freezing weather?

[quote user="canaryjock"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="canaryjock"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]They have scored six goals all season at home, for God''s sake.  We should put them away 1-0 or 2-0, pick up three points and then consolidate from there.If we do, we would have taken 7 points from 9, not a bad start for a man with no apparent managerial experience.Fingers crossed, hey.I''m really annoyed about Bell being sold - he was a guaranteed 10-15 assists a season with his dead ball delivery - but what''s done is done.  As long as Fozzy doesn''t start taking corners again, I''ll be less disappointed.1-0 Norwich tonight, Pattison the goalscorer.[/quote]

[/quote]I will reiterate.  They''ve scored six at home all season.  That''s less than half a goal a game.[/quote]

I will reiterate, we''ve conceded 45 goals all season. That''s 1.55 goals per game. [;)]

[/quote]25 goals in 14 away games, closer to two.  I see your point, but a team scoring hardly anything at home should be a candidate for a clean sheet, surely?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Binky"]Share your views on Bell. Let''s hope he''s been sacrificed in a good cause. But who do you think will score for us on this bitterly cold night in Yorkshire? Personally I''d like to see Lupoli given a start.[/quote]I''d love to see Lupoli start, and I''d love to see him relax and stop trying so hard to beat four or five men before shooting.  Sadly, Gunny is Mister Status Quo (not as in the rock band) so we can expect the same team as started against Barnsley & Southampton, Carney a direct replacement for Bell i.e. on the bench.I can only predict a scrappy game in which some unlikely scorer like

Pattison or Fozzy will pop up in the box to scuff in a 10 yarder.  It should be Patty''s sort of game, I''d reckon.  Or even the Doc from a corner.

I wonder if there will be a late pitch inspection given the freezing weather?[/quote]Don''t disagree. Yes, maybe we''ll lose by that half a goal! I think the frost isn''t likely to set in until tomorrow - the ol'' windchill will just make it seem like that.

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

[quote]We can beat Doncaster[/quote]

Can we? Who gave permission for that? There must be a hell of a queue already.

Just tell me where we''ve strung him up and I''ll go and get the cricket bat.

[/quote]

I''ve got a telegraph pole that I''ve just whittled into a baseball bat shape......Can I have the first three strikes?

>They''ve scored six at home all season. That''s less than half a goal a game.

D''oh! They seem to have scored TWO of their blasted half-a-goals already...

[quote user="Smudger"]No we can''t... we are going down... [:$][/quote]

We haven''t lost yet Smudger.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

No we didn''t lose either... but do you think that we are going to get enough points to stay up CA?

If we do just manage to do enough, then will you be willing to give the current set up yet another go next season???

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

No we didn''t lose either... but do you think that we are going to get enough points to stay up CA?

If we do just manage to do enough, then will you be willing to give the current set up yet another go next season???

[/quote]

Despite all the well wishing, we have been sinking closer and closer to relegation into a place I do not want to see us, a place I have never seen us.  The run of "easy" games is over.  Hopefully, we can keep going undefeated under the Gunn, but I''d rather feel confident about it, not just hopeful.  How ''bout you?