Sign in to follow this  
Shifty Sid

When was the last time....

when you consider we''ve lost 9 of our last 10 league games away from home, the last game we competed in was when we beat Forest 2-1 live on sky with 10 men!

when you consider we''ve lost 9 of our last 10 league games away from home, the last game we competed in was when we beat Forest 2-1 live on sky with 10 men!

A 1-1 draw that would have been a 2-0 defeat under Roeder.  Gunn is unbeaten in his three games in charge and STILL people are being negative...

[quote user="Shifty Sid"]A 1-1 draw that would have been a 2-0 defeat under Roeder.  Gunn is unbeaten in his three games in charge and STILL people are being negative...
[/quote]

What the hell? You''re actually treating this as a good result?

What the **** is wrong with some of you?

I''m sorry but we''re not in the top six fighting for automatic promotion.  An away point against a relegation rival and a team that have only conceded 9 goals at home all season and recently managed to keep a clean sheet against Villa is a good result in my book.Gunny''s unbeaten in 3.  Scored 7, conceded 3.  Plenty to be POSITIVE about.  What''s gone has gone.  Back the team.

It''s relative isn''t it? That was a tough night that I think we''d have actually lost two weeks ago. Nobody likes it on paper but little bits at a time. 3 unbeaten is definitely an improvement.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[quote user="Shifty Sid"]A 1-1 draw that would have been a 2-0 defeat under Roeder.  Gunn is unbeaten in his three games in charge and STILL people are being negative...
[/quote]

[/quote]

You probably said the same thing when we ''only'' drew with Hull at CR last season.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]Let me guess, you''re delighted with a 1-1 draw against bloody Doncaster.[/quote]

Any point away from home is good Alex. We have to walk before we can run.

19 more points to get.

People do rather seem to think of the ''name'' of the side we are playing rather than who they are and what form they are in, far too often.  Yes it was only Doncaster, but so what?  It seems you hadn''t noticed that they are now in our division.  In the same way that Hull are in the top flight.  This is not the mid-80s any more and things change in the game. 

The side we were playing tonight were on a run of 4 league wins on the trot (including away at Sheff U earlier this week) + had a recent draw against Villa. 

Yes it is not a win, but nor is it a defeat.  There are positives to be gained for even the most pessimistic of supporters, surely.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[quote user="Shifty Sid"]A 1-1 draw that would have been a 2-0 defeat under Roeder.  Gunn is unbeaten in his three games in charge and STILL people are being negative...[/quote]

[/quote]No, What the f*** is wrong with you?When was the last time we were unbeaten in 3 games?Get behind the team or do one.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It might have been against Doncaster - but you have to remember we are cr@p! Doncaster are in some form at the moment, very pleased with a point!

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Negativity is a hard habit to break. Think about it a bit, it is a better result than would''ve been achieved under Roeder, especially coming back from behind. It is ''Good'' in the context of where we are and the mess we are in. Let me explain ----

Away defeat = Bad (but to be expected)

Away draw = Good

Away win at form team = dreamland

[quote user="book end"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[quote user="Shifty Sid"]A 1-1 draw that would have been a 2-0 defeat under Roeder.  Gunn is unbeaten in his three games in charge and STILL people are being negative...[/quote]

[/quote]

Negativity is a hard habit to break. Think about it a bit, it is a better result than would''ve been achieved under Roeder, especially coming back from behind. It is ''Good'' in the context of where we are and the mess we are in. Let me explain ----

Away draw = Good

[/quote]Oh thank f***, a sane person. I''m not anymore after suffering numpties like alexncfc for too long.I''m truly thankful you''re here to explain it to alex in terms he/she/it might be able to understand. I owe you a pint.

[quote user="book end"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

Away draw = Good

[/quote]That''s not the Pink Un message board way.  Try...

Away defeat = Sack the board/manager

Away draw = Sack the manager

Away win = "Let''s Not Get Carried Away"

They certainly battled hard. I thought Fozzy was gonna give Donny bloke a kirkby kiss  (on SSN).Plus the goals were superficially similar, but their''s came fromm a really, really spawny mishit shot, whereas Croft dinked in an excellent little cross (yes, really!) for Grounds.An improvement on Soton. Some reason for optimism perhaps?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="book end"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Away draw = Good

[/quote]

That''s not the Pink Un message board way.  Try...

[/quote]

or perhaps try.... we are 3 unbeaten against 3 other sides who couldn''t beat an egg... here come the play-orf''s.... [:$][:D]

Just looking at the tables shows why this was a good result, our home form is poor but our away form is a lot worse. A point againat an in- form relegation rival is a good result.

And Doncaster''s last two - Draw 0-0 with Aston Villa who are not actually too bad are they? Then 1-0 away win at Sheff Utd, who are in with an automatic promo chance. That puts tonights away draw into some sort of context. So why shouldn''t we celebrate an excellent away point then?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mister Chops"]That''s not the Pink Un message board way.  Try...

[/quote]

or perhaps try.... we are 3 unbeaten against 3 other sides who couldn''t beat an egg... here come the play-orf''s.... [:$][:D]

[/quote]They could, however, beat Sheffield United away - a fixture we completely capitulated in - and drew with Prem form team Aston Villa - something we could probably only ever dream of recently.  So in terms of form they''re much better than us and were we the relegation fodder we were 3 weeks ago under Roeder Donny could easily have put 3 or 4 past us.So no, a 1-1 draw is not a good result.  But a 1-1 draw against one of the form teams of the league in a game we would certainly have lost a few short weeks ago? I''d say that''s pretty fair....Of course, you''ll come back with a ''witty'' retort calling people sheep, etc, but only time will tell who''s right so until then why not go do something useful like pop your head in the oven?  I''m not being harsh, I''m just saying that I honestly believe you to be a mutated potato........

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="book end"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

Away draw = Good

[/quote]That''s not the Pink Un message board way.  Try...

[/quote]

[/quote]Got that wrong Smudger, that''s Canary Call you''re thinking of.

Considering our threadbare squad, its a decent result.  Whether that point is a good one in the long term, time will tell.  I''m not unhappy but equally I''m not celebrating it like a win.  Relieved more like.

Anything at Wolves would be a bonus.  Let''s hope their nerve starts to go as it always does.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="book end"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

Away draw = Good

[/quote]Oh thank f***, a sane person. I''m not anymore after suffering numpties like alexncfc for too long.I''m truly thankful you''re here to explain it to alex in terms he/she/it might be able to understand. I owe you a pint.[/quote]Were you there Alex? No? Fact is you''re incapable of posting anything remotely positive and frankly there is nothing that can happen that will satify you. Why do you bother? There have been times when we would have completely capitulated in a game like tonight, but after being outplayed in the first half we fought, shaded the second and deserved at least a point against a form side. Not great, but christ alive, the Donny fans afterwards I spoke to were gutted saying they were in great form and expected to shaft us. The players looked more relaxed and though the basic errors were still there (arghhhhh) at least there were signs of team spirit and fight. It''s not much, but i don''t think we''ll go down if they play like the 2nd half, but might if they play like the first!On a very sad note, I was deeply unimpressed by some of our "fans" again, physical threats at Sheff Utd and some 70s style racist comments tonight aimed at Cort. Nice. 

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="book end"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Away draw = Good

[/quote]

Oh thank f***, a sane person. I''m not anymore after suffering numpties like alexncfc for too long.
I''m truly thankful you''re here to explain it to alex in terms he/she/it might be able to understand.
I owe you a pint.
[/quote]

Glad to be of help. Pint would be welcome but it will be a long while before I''m in the Fine City to collect. Think we''ll go one better and get a win at Wolves. Then they can put all their negativity in a pipe and smoke it. Predict 2-1 to us. Cort double.

[/quote]

we sold yet another player in the transfer window, bought nobody, can''t beat Southampton at home or the mighty Doncaster away, the teams below us almost all have games in hand and STILL people are being positive....

sorry, any of you who think that a point at Doncaster is worth celebrating, and reason to be optimistic symbolise perfectly just how low your expectations have become. No doubt you will be celebrating "a hard fought point" at Carlisle next year, or "we played well and nearly beat Hartlepool at home". Well done Delia, we''re all really pleased apparently.