Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

Excellent result viewed from afar

Well done.  Against an "in form" team away from home I''ll take a point any day.

It seems to me that earlier this season if you went behind the heads dropped.  Perhaps there was a little bit of fight tonight?

Exactly the same thing happened at Colchester last season and the first third of this.  And then with the change of manager it changed. We went one down to Northampton on Tuesday but heads did not drop as they might have and we won 2-1.

The Lincoln message boards queried signing a 35 year old striker for **** all money (The Horse).  Was it out of sympathy for a cancer victim someone said.

It''s not quite as good as Hooligan for you but it''s not far behind.  How to make something out of nothing.  Forget the defending.  He may be 35 but................

http://www.football.virginmedia.com/page/Football/League2/VideoIndex/0,,12555,00.html

Is there anything I can say to make you switch your allegiance from Colchester to Norwich, Mr C? We really need more fans like you at the moment. How about a swap deal for Smudger?

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Is there anything I can say to make you switch your allegiance from Colchester to Norwich, Mr C? We really need more fans like you at the moment. How about a swap deal for Smudger?[/quote]There''s a flaw in that argument.Smudger ...... Norwich fan ........ Hmmmm ...

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Is there anything I can say to make you switch your allegiance from Colchester to Norwich, Mr C? We really need more fans like you at the moment. How about a swap deal for Smudger?[/quote]

Oh, deep down Cam is a canary, else why would he spend so much time on this message board?

He''s like that Wolves fella; whatever happened to him?

[quote user="ron obvious"]
[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Is there anything I can say to make you switch your allegiance from Colchester to Norwich, Mr C? We really need more fans like you at the moment. How about a swap deal for Smudger?[/quote]

There''s a flaw in that argument.
Smudger ...... Norwich fan ........ Hmmmm ...

[/quote]

Ha ha. I was thinking exactly that I was typing

Yes it is a good result and we have done well against an inform team, but this is a team called Doncaster, we should be doing a hell of better. Shows how far we have droped in the last few years.

[/quote]

Alternatively could we swap the 20,000 plus sheep we have to join you in supporting a club that matches their ambitions Cam???  [:^)]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Alternatively could we swap the 20,000 plus sheep we have to join you in supporting a club that matches their ambitions Cam???  [:^)]

[/quote]

I''m sure Cardiff would take them Smudge

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

....I thought you''d have done your usual and sulked off back under your stone once we got our equaliser and a reasonable result!

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

By sheep, do you mean "real supporters" who actually attend the odd game???  If so "baaahhhhhh"!

[quote user="No Quarter"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

By sheep, do you mean "real supporters" who actually attend the odd game???  If so "baaahhhhhh"!

[/quote]

Excellent General Melchett impression there by the way! He''s a Norwich fan as well! [:D]

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

....I thought you''d have done your usual and sulked off back under your stone once we got our equaliser and a reasonable result!

[/quote]You "misunderestimated him"(yeah, he''s that stupid)

[+o(][quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Is there anything I can say to make you switch

http://www.football.virginmedia.com/page/Football/League2/VideoIndex/0,,12555,00.htmlrom Colchester to Norwich, Mr C? We really need more fans like you at the moment. How about a swap deal for Smudger?[/quote]

No, nothing[;)

You are in safe hands.  My daughter upstairs has cost me rather a lot in your online shop - but she''s worth every penny I think.

She bought me a Lincoln City scarf for Christmas but unfortunately there was an internet hiccup and three of them arrived.  That''s League Two websites for you.  I had to post two of them back.

Thanks but no thanks.  We have Smudgers of our own - Colchester with Bergholt Boy until he got banned and Southern Imp on Lincoln.

Neither of them turned up when we won or snatched a point.

Who knows?  Still think it was a decent point away from home.

And Gunny still unbeaten for the time being.  How sad is that?

I love mine.  I suggest you love yours.  Don''t care what anyone thinks about them![:D]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[+o(][quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Is there anything I can say to make you switch

http://www.football.virginmedia.com/page/Football/League2/VideoIndex/0,,12555,00.htmlrom Colchester to Norwich, Mr C? We really need more fans like you at the moment. How about a swap deal for Smudger?[/quote]

No, nothing[;)

You are in safe hands.  My daughter upstairs has cost me rather a lot in your online shop - but she''s worth every penny I think.

She bought me a Lincoln City scarf for Christmas but unfortunately there was an internet hiccup and three of them arrived.  That''s League Two websites for you.  I had to post two of them back.

Thanks but no thanks.  We have Smudgers of our own - Colchester with Bergholt Boy until he got banned and Southern Imp on Lincoln.

Neither of them turned up when we won or snatched a point.

Who knows?  Still think it was a decent point away from home.

And Gunny still unbeaten for the time being.  How sad is that?

I love mine.  I suggest you love yours.  Don''t care what anyone thinks about them![:D]

[/quote]

You can get Lincoln City oven gloves in their online shop, she could have bought you those -keep your hands warm at matches.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Yes it is a good result and we have done well against an inform team, but this is a team called Doncaster, we should be doing a hell of better. Shows how far we have droped in the last few years.[/quote]

It also shows how far Donny have come. Credit where it''s due.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m sure Cardiff would take them Smudge

[/quote]

Do they not have plenty of sheep in Cardiff already then??? [:D]

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No will be popping in as regular as I can until Tuesday night... when I will wait to see your comments after we have slipped in to the bottom 3... [;)]

I''m very happy with my clubs thanks and I think it slightly sad that when you come back from 1-0 down away and snatch a point that isn''t worth acknowledging.

If the sheep include you, no thanks.

Neither have the ground capacity and in Lincolnshire you would be better off swopping sheep for cabbages.

If you want to put your club down that''s a matter for you.  I refuse to do it to mine but whatever turns you on................

I thought it was a good point tonight but I''m not so confident now[+o(]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No will be popping in as regular as I can until Tuesday night... when I will wait to see your comments after we have slipped in to the bottom 3... [;)]

[/quote]

The problem is that it''s highly unlikely we''ll be in the bottom 3 on tuesday night.

Derby might well leapfrog us with two winnable home games but,

Doncaster now have no game till Saturday week so will stay below us.

Watford''s only game is, like us, away at Wolves. They may win, and go above us on points, assuming we lose.

But Southampton would have to win both of their games, against Swansea and Sheff U, to go above us.

Charlton can''t leapfrog us even if they achieve the unlikely feat of beating both Burnley and Bristol City away.

So, for us to be in the bottom 3 on tuesday, Derby have to win at least one of their games, Watford have to beat Wolves away and Southampton have to beat both the teams 5th and 8th in the league.

It could happen, but it''s unlikely. What''s more important is we beat Bristol City at home. That game is looking of epic proportions.

Amazingly my Lincoln City scarf says: "Made in England".Ick! [+o(]

Home to Bournemouth tomorrow.  Wish us luck!

You know, I was in Oz just before Christmas and wandering around this souvenir shop selling touristy Aboriginal stuff - and it was all tagged "Made in China". Even the bloody boomerangs. Strewth mate!

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

I''m very happy with my clubs thanks and I think it slightly sad that when you come back from 1-0 down away and snatch a point that isn''t worth acknowledging.

If the sheep include you, no thanks.

Neither have the ground capacity and in Lincolnshire you would be better off swopping sheep for cabbages.

If you want to put your club down that''s a matter for you.  I refuse to do it to mine but whatever turns you on................

I thought it was a good point tonight but I''m not so confident now[+o(]

[/quote]

I think you''re Dick Mennis.....

It was a very useful point.  It keeps an unbeaten run going and it also keeps Donny within reach - had they won they''d have been three points ahead of us with a game in hand.  The more clubs that stay in the mixer, the better our chances of avoiding the drop.

But it wasn''t "excellent" by any means.  Coming from behind to win would have been excellent, but judging by reports from people who were there it never looked likely. 

Rather OTT especially from someone claiming to be a neutral [;)]