Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Yes, Gunn is a legend........

But he''s a Mr Pinnochio too!.

If our damn board say jump, he''ll ask how high?

I wish him well and I will try to back him as our manager, but he knows he has a job for life at City, so he''s not going to start rocking any boats or stand up against Smith and Jones is he?.

Hopefully, the transfer window will prove me wrong, but in tuth, his strings are being pulled imo, and he''s too damn loyal and nice to object.

We should have a clearer idea on the truth of this by close of play Monday when we know how the money received/saved on Bell is reinvested.

Equally, it''s important to note that Bell looked to leave, therefore I''d like to think that at the time Gunn said "no one''s leaving" he either meant it, or he had a tactical reason for saying it.

[quote user="LeedsYellow"]

We should have a clearer idea on the truth of this by close of play Monday when we know how the money received/saved on Bell is reinvested.

Equally, it''s important to note that Bell looked to leave, therefore I''d like to think that at the time Gunn said "no one''s leaving" he either meant it, or he had a tactical reason for saying it.

[/quote]

Whereas I think opposite Leeds Yellow, I''m expecting others to leave.

I agree that it''s the same old managerspeak you always get, but I''m not at all surprised.

In a discussion on Radio 5Live last night they were saying it''s standard practice for managers to have a clause in their contracts that means the board can sack them without compensation if they say anything that could be construed as derogatory or disloyal - even if what they say is true.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

God, I hope not..... with the exception of Croft, I don''t see who else we have to sell.  I think if the Croft sale was going to happen, it would have been done by know, esp with the Blades having a few quid in the bank following Beattie''s exit.

[quote user="LeedsYellow"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

God, I hope not..... with the exception of Croft, I don''t see who else we have to sell.  I think if the Croft sale was going to happen, it would have been done by know, esp with the Blades having a few quid in the bank following Beattie''s exit.

[/quote]

One word LY.........Hoolihan.

[quote user="Potless Percy "]

I agree that it''s the same old managerspeak you always get, but I''m not at all surprised.

In a discussion on Radio 5Live last night they were saying it''s standard practice for managers to have a clause in their contracts that means the board can sack them without compensation if they say anything that could be construed as derogatory or disloyal - even if what they say is true.[/quote]

That would explain a lot, I wonder if something similair is used with respect to footballer''s feelings towards clubs/managers. They never seem to say anything adverse do they ?

Gunn''s one main change over the Roedent is to favour Semi over Omosuzi. That''s OK in my book, just needs a good CB and stop playing Rusty up front. Can we give Curo back to Barnsley again?

[quote user="Big Dave"]Gunn''s one main change over the Roedent is to favour Semi over Omosuzi. That''s OK in my book, just needs a good CB and stop playing Rusty up front. Can we give Curo back to Barnsley again?[/quote]

Ah! another joins the old bandwagon, and replace him with what? another kid that gets injured a lot?[:|]