Sign in to follow this  
Canary Pirate

Agony prolonged ???

Having tried desperately to remain positive over recent weeks I finally decided after the draw against Southampton that we would be relegated and that a defeat against Doncaster would just confirm my feelings and I could finally stop the constant worrying about City''s fate.

But NO we can''t even manage that ! We somehow dig out a draw to leave me dangling on a string yet again. This is unbearable and I find myself clinging to yet another ray of hope. I expect, when I awake in the morning I will have a clear head and realise that this oh so precious point is just a complete wind up and will do nothing more than prolong the agony ( of course, unless we get a Lita or an Evans - someone with a bit of strength to fire us clear - oh god there I go again )....................................[:D][:)][:|][:(][|-)][|-)][|-)]

[quote user="Canary Pirate"]

Having tried desperately to remain positive over recent weeks I finally decided after the draw against Southampton that we would be relegated and that a defeat against Doncaster would just confirm my feelings and I could finally stop the constant worrying about City''s fate.

But NO we can''t even manage that ! We somehow dig out a draw to leave me dangling on a string yet again. This is unbearable and I find myself clinging to yet another ray of hope. I expect, when I awake in the morning I will have a clear head and realise that this oh so precious point is just a complete wind up and will do nothing more than prolong the agony ( of course, unless we get a Lita or an Evans - someone with a bit of strength to fire us clear - oh god there I go again )....................................[:D][:)][:|][:(][|-)][|-)][|-)]

[/quote]

16 potentially tense games like this one.  I think you''ve got a lot more worrying to do before the season ends...

Yes, it''s a bit like life isn''t it, you know it''s going to end badly, but still you drag yourself out of bed in the morning .....Sometimes it''s even quite enjoyable. It''s a funny old world.

hahaha Canary Pirate... [:D][:(][:''(][|-)]

This thread so far just has to be the best first few posts on a Pink UN thread ever!!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

hahaha Canary Pirate... [:D][:(][:''(][|-)]

This thread so far just has to be the best first few posts on a Pink UN thread ever!!!

[/quote]Well thats quite a compliment Smudger. Oh, and by the way, its Saturday morning, I''m awake, my head is clear, and......we are going to get relegated ![:(]

I know it looks bad at the mo, but I still think Charlton, Southampton and Plymouth will be the ones to go.

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]Being a Norwich fan -since Prem relegation- is akin to being forced to watch a train crash in slowmotion.[/quote]Funny you should mention the Prem Vicar. The Southampton match was for me the turning point that the Man City match was in the premiership season. We didn''t do much wrong after that but giving away those points after being ahead and in control ultimately cost us dearly. I have exactly the same feeling about the Southampton match as I had watching that ball trckle over the line a few years ago.[:(]