Sign in to follow this  
DH

NW on Sky said 2 or 3 more players by start of season

Did anyone else see NW on sky last night talking about the great Helveg. He also said that he hoped to have 2 or 3 more players in by start of season. Who could these be? I reckon one must be a defender, ie Primus, one other must be a striker, who knows who that could be, many names are getting bounced about but no definate links except Scowcroft. So who could be the third and what position? We seem to be ok defence wise, and upfront, must be midfield? I wonder if this third will be a loan signing, just 3 months so that at christmas can either bin him and get someone else in on 3 months or if he''s good enough and we''ve no major injuries then extend it at christmas for rest of season. Am I right in thinking that with youngsters you can do this?

Just a thought.

I still think we need another right midfielder - a proper winger, not a striker being played out of position....

If the rumours of Jarvis going out on loan are correct then yes we will need a striker and a target man would be the missing option. The other two are the players we have been looking for since the season closed.

Pennant, Primus and Ashton sounds like a good set to me, Parker or Cole on loan as an alternative would be superb...

OTBC

Yes - the sun may be having an effect, and the traditional lunch time pint is kicking in but if we can sweet talk a champions league winning international the Primus or the other more ambitious names may be possible. Pennant after all signed for Leeds who were hardly in a better financial position than us...

OTBC