Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

Money!

Several of the teams in our part of the division have signed players recently. We have sold one of our best! (I know we have signed a player on loan until the end of the season, to give him match practice for his own club.)If we do not sign anyone during the window, and bearing in mind that we have one of the smallest squads, and also knowing that we have some money - at least £300,000 from selling the security firm share, I shall become very worried.We have two pint sized strikers, of whom Curo seems to have lost it, and one tall but injured striker. We have a central defence that flops and fullbacks who lack consistency. What chance would you give us of surviving the drop? Only one or two players who would command any sort of transfer fee, a small squad, and weak at front and back. Help!

Spend money on signing players? Are you mad!!!! There''s a whole lot of catering requirements that need to be financed first. Can''t you see the bigger picture?

Very good point. Many other clubs are spending well without having a major sugardaddy. Most have far lower gates than us.

Let''s wait until 5pm Monday and if there is not a permanent signing to get excited about, the board will have to face some major flack next home match.

How many of you think we might just get that "Huckerby" type moment and a new signing in the mould of Lita or Ched will be announced out of the blue.Don''t be surprised if one of these signs together with a new centre half.I won''t !!!!!!!!!

I was probably dreaming when i thought this but i predict that we must have around £1m in the transfer kitty.With the £300,000 from sale of security firm, o.k there''s apparant rumours we still owed money to Luton for Bell we must still have recived at least £200,000, and with talk of local businessmen i.e Carl Moore (who must be sick of hearing his name mentioned alongside money) having a whip round, we must be in the region of this total, if this is the case CB''s our priority and Tiny Taylor along with Purse are must targets surely affordable.

will reiterate was probably dreaming

I''d love to agree with you mate, but why would someone with the potential and experience of Tiny (or Ched, Leroy...) join us right now when there are clubs much higher up the league where they could go?

[quote user="Nuff Said"]I''d love to agree with you mate, but why would someone with the potential and experience of Tiny (or Ched, Leroy...) join us right now when there are clubs much higher up the league where they could go?
[/quote]Don''t think Lita would be interested due to his huge ego,but the likes of Ched and Tiny are in it for the football,after what happened to Tiny regaurding Eduardo he doesn''t seem the same person and needs away from Birmingham to revitalise his career.knowing how highly he''s reguarded here would take a lot of pressure off his shoulders the reception on a home debut he would receive from the fans would give him a new lease of life. 

Today''s Sun quotes £150,000 as the amount we received for Bell.

I thought an undisclosed sum stays undisclosed so I don''t know how they got this figure.

What worries me is the asset stripping. It another contracted player sold replaced by one on loan until the end of the season. Take a look through all four divisions, there is not another squad like ours to be found. We are developng a squad with fewer and fewer of our own players. What does worry me is when it comes to a buisness and you start to streamline and let go of your assets it often means that the buisness is only going one way. It could just be of course that we are just being prudent with our prudence which could be our new motto now that we have no ambition.

[quote user="JohnoBono"]What worries me is the asset stripping. It another contracted player sold replaced by one on loan until the end of the season. Take a look through all four divisions, there is not another squad like ours to be found. We are developng a squad with fewer and fewer of our own players. What does worry me is when it comes to a buisness and you start to streamline and let go of your assets it often means that the buisness is only going one way. It could just be of course that we are just being prudent with our prudence which could be our new motto now that we have no ambition.[/quote]

We''re going to save a fortune in salaries during the summer !! 

[quote user="JohnoBono"]What worries me is the asset stripping. It another contracted player sold replaced by one on loan until the end of the season. Take a look through all four divisions, there is not another squad like ours to be found. We are developng a squad with fewer and fewer of our own players. What does worry me is when it comes to a buisness and you start to streamline and let go of your assets it often means that the buisness is only going one way. It could just be of course that we are just being prudent with our prudence which could be our new motto now that we have no ambition.[/quote]

More tangible fixed assets anyone?

Enjoy the Joe Lewis Diner. Come in and get fed up!

[quote user="Evil"]Today''s Sun quotes £150,000 as the amount we received for Bell.

I thought an undisclosed sum stays undisclosed so I don''t know how they got this figure.[/quote]

I read somewhere that they paid off what we owed Luton and Norwich got the balance of around £150,000. So not such a great deal.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="Evil"]Today''s Sun quotes £150,000 as the amount we received for Bell.

I thought an undisclosed sum stays undisclosed so I don''t know how they got this figure.[/quote]

I read somewhere that they paid off what we owed Luton and Norwich got the balance of around £150,000. So not such a great deal.[/quote]Well looks like the first poster on the Coventry site might have had some substance to his claim after all.We quoted paying £400k for Bell if we only received £150k for him then we must have had a minimum outstanding payment owed to Luton of £250k ignoring any profit.We never owned Bell we just had a down payment on him and it looks suspiciously like we couldn''t afford the balance.