Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Chris Porter

A couple of weeks ago we were led to believe that we were interested in Chris Porter but we can''t even match the bids of 2 rival teams, I really think we are stuffed. [:(]

Derby have joined the race to sign Motherwell striker Chris Porter but have been told they need to increase their offer for the 25-year-old.

The Fir Park club have already accepted a bid in the region of £400,000 from Championship side Cardiff City.

hahaha we can''t even afford £400k? [:|]

We should of signed Chris Porter from Oldham 2 or 3 years ago.

I think that Rickie Lambert @ Bristol Rovers could do a job for us also.... but if we can''t even find £400k then we are obviously screwed with regards to bringing in any striker who is going to be any better than what we have already got (or who can offer the team something slightly different).

[quote user="Smudger"]

I think that Rickie Lambert @ Bristol Rovers could do a job for us also.... but if we can''t even find £400k then we are obviously screwed with regards to bringing in any striker who is going to be any better than what we have already got (or who can offer the team something slightly different).

[/quote]

And that is why we have to play a midfielder up front. Sad isn''t it ?

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

And that is why we have to play a midfielder up front. Sad isn''t it ?

[/quote]

Yep... even for me who chooses to stay away and laugh before I cry and put myself through the mixer each week.

If Bristol Rovers sell Lambert we certainly won''t be able to afford him, but neither will most clubs in thIs division-they''ll be looking at £2-£3 Million for him.And as for the discussions about whether something is "good business sense" for the club, the latest case being the departure of Bell-since when did football and business sense make good bedfellows anyway? There isn''t ANY "good business sense" in football, you could argue that signing Bell, when there seemed never any intention of playing him in his best and preferred position made it a foolish act and a waste of money from the beginning!

Lamberts goal from last week was on soccer am just now. Great Turn.Btw Hoolahans was the first goal on the goals, goals, goals section of the show.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]
If Bristol Rovers sell Lambert we certainly won''t be able to afford him, but neither will most clubs in thIs division-they''ll be looking at £2-£3 Million for him.

And as for the discussions about whether something is "good business sense" for the club, the latest case being the departure of Bell-since when did football and business sense make good bedfellows anyway? There isn''t ANY "good business sense" in football, you could argue that signing Bell, when there seemed never any intention of playing him in his best and preferred position made it a foolish act and a waste of money from the beginning!
[/quote]

I think that Lambert would cost less than a £ million, he isn''t exactly a youngster and has had several moves in the past around the lower leagues, not ever having gone for big money.

I think around about the £200k mark is the most he has previously been signed for.

Good in the air though, an amazing shot on him and 20 goals so far this season... surely we should be going for somebody like this and putting a sensible bid in if money is tight?

If people have bid £400k for Chris Porter then we should be matching that and making the same offer on Lambert today.

We should of bid ages ago though leaving us room to barter with such teams.  With them knowing that we are desperate towards the end of the transfer window we would obviously be held to ransome.