Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

we havent lost under gunn yet.

nice to see once again a few people being negative...

away draw , the best result we have had away from home in over two months .

keep it up .... , or havent you realised we havent lost in three games now ,

well done gunny for holding a team away who have not lost for about 8 games.

if we keep the points ticking over we will stay up .

good result , but im sure if we won the last 3 games 6-0 , people still would be giving poor old gunny grief..

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Yes, he has made a very good start for me. Now we need a striker and central defender.[/quote]

Like we have for the past three seasons,what makes this years transfer window any different,we have no money and will get maybe an unknown forward in on loan if we''re lucky, lets hope i''m wrong and the board finally back the manager in the transfer window..oh gotta go a pig just flew past the window!

played 3          w        d           l           f            a

1          2         0          7            2

not bad at all ... consdering he has only brought 1 player in .

keep it up gunny

Gunn has done alright, but has already cost us points. In the game against southampton he had to take off hoolahan for pattison as the game was stretched and we needed to shut up shop. Last night he done the opposite, we were massively on top and for once had momentum and he took off our biggest threat. Valuable 5 points, overall good but could of done better

I''d rather of had 2 home wins = 6 points.

Than 1 win and 2 draws = 4 points.

These games against poor/average opposition, and teams who are also unfortunately floundering down in the bowels of hell. These are the games we should be winning to compensate for valuable points being dropped against teams that are chasing a promotion or a play-off place....

I personally believe that it will once again go to the wire, and sadly, we will be there amongst it - with a trowel and a pair of cheap pliers. Frantically snipping and burrowing away under the fence, in a desperate attempt to make a hole large enough for us to belly crawl through and on to ''hopeful'' salvation....

That''s until, the next time......

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]Yes, I''d feel cheated at 4 points for 1 win and 2 draws.Maths aside, a draw against the second bottom club at home, and a draw against the fourth bottom club away from home aren''t exactly things to shout about.

[quote user="singing canary"]

good result , but im sure if we won the last 3 games 6-0 , people still would be giving poor old gunny grief..

[/quote]

Oh are you do for  a rude wake up call on Tuesday night.[:|]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Yes, I''d feel cheated at 4 points for 1 win and 2 draws.

Maths aside, a draw against the second bottom club at home, and a draw against the fourth bottom club away from home aren''t exactly things to shout about.

[/quote]

Sorry,'' fraudulent'' slip......[;)][8-|]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

These games against poor/average opposition, and teams who are also unfortunately floundering down in the bowels of hell. These are the games we should be winning to compensate for valuable points being dropped against teams that are chasing a promotion or a play-off place....

I personally believe that it will once again go to the wire, and sadly, we will be there amongst it - with a trowel and a pair of cheap pliers. Frantically snipping and burrowing away under the fence, in a desperate attempt to make a hole large enough for us to belly crawl through and on to ''hopeful'' salvation....

That''s until, the next time......

[/quote]

Well said. Even if we escape for a second time, I can''t see this board learing any lessons after all they didnt last summer! Where are the good experienced strikers?

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

Oh are you do for  a rude wake up call on Tuesday night.[:|]

[/quote]

hehehe my thoughts exactly WIZ... [Y]

[quote user="Felixfan"]5 points from every 3 games will be enough to keep us up.[/quote]

Unfortunately we will not be playing sides in the bottom 5 with us every week will we?

THe results go against us today and Doncaster win or draw their game in hand then we could well be in the bottom 3 come Tuesday night.

played 3          w        d           l           f            a

1          2         0          7            2 (3)

not bad at all ... consdering he has only brought 1 player in .

keep it up gunny

[/quote]11 more and he''s beaten the Roedents run, should be easy

Under Roeder it was quite conceivable that both of those matches would have ended in defeat. At least Gunn has introduced some battling spirit into the team. Others have pointed out that points have been shared with fellow struggling teams, but thats not a surprise as we are all battling for survival in the championship. Norwich usually, and have done this season, played quite well against the teams above them and with one or two signings (loan or otherwise) Gunn may be able to pull the club out of the mire it currently wallows in. One thing for sure, knowing Bryan Gunn''s passion for Norwich, it won''t be through a lack of trying.

[quote user="geo374"]Under Roeder it was quite conceivable that both of those matches would have ended in defeat. At least Gunn has introduced some battling spirit into the team. Others have pointed out that points have been shared with fellow struggling teams, but thats not a surprise as we are all battling for survival in the championship. Norwich usually, and have done this season, played quite well against the teams above them and with one or two signings (loan or otherwise) Gunn may be able to pull the club out of the mire it currently wallows in. One thing for sure, knowing Bryan Gunn''s passion for Norwich, it won''t be through a lack of trying.[/quote]

Yeap, I''ll give you that geo.

[/quote]

What a silly comment.

why is it a silly coment ...???

some people think gunns not up to it...

his results have been a improvement, so far!!!

we won 4-0 and people were giving gunny a hard time , hardly a silly coment ,

sent back a striker we were never going to use, which is logical .

hes doing okay by my books , still early i know , best away result for 8 weeks , not a bad start .

Yep, a good steady start for Brian, Barnsley was a great result, Southampton should have been a win and last nights game was a typical bottom of the table dog fight....................no defeats yet and thats important

People seem to forget that Donny had been on an amazing run of form recently, four wins on the trot or something?  To go to their place and score (something most teams have failed) let alone grab a point with our away form is a good point for me.Southampton was a game we should have won and im sure we would have had we had a striker in there that scores regularly.  Playing Rusty up front is ridiculous, play him in midfield and give a bloody reserve/ youth player a go, maybe it wouldnt work but it couldnt be much worse than what weve got now.  And Cureton doesnt cut it, love him and all but i score more than him for Gods sake [;)]Barnsely doesnt need an explaination.Overall two points dropped that we should have had, a four nil win i didnt expect and a point at Donny when most i know thought a certain lose was on the cards.Lets be positive, granted they wernt the best teams in the league but 5 points is 5 points whatever way you look at it, if it had been 5 points against Reading, Brum and Wolves wed all be fricking estatic, it doesnt matter where they come from all that matters is that they are there. Three without loose is a good building block and if we can grab a point at Wolves ill be more than happy but we need a striker in now (The New Zealanders good but we need something else)Up the Yellows

im not 100 percent sure on killen , the is no doubt he knows how to score ,he could cut it in the championship.

we need to get a defender in , sometimes poor at the back.

we have scored more in three games under gun than seven under roeder .

a point would be good at wolves , thats not going to be a easy game at all , but hopelly like before we can raise our game against them .

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Yes, he has made a very good start for me. Now we need a striker and central defender.[/quote]

Essential cause Cort is only good for Non League and Grounds is to nervy and inexperienced at this level!

Its been an OK start but we''ll play better teams than the last 3 we''ve played and our obvious lack of quality is worrying!