Sign in to follow this  

Not much, just seems like a non-story other than having the bid rejected. Who says we won''t come back with an improved bid, which seems to be what Primus wants.

I''m sure the Pompey fans will love him after he said this:

"I suppose the opportunities of playing at Norwich would have been greater than here at Portsmouth."

I think he means his chances of getting into the starting line-up at Norwich would have been greater.

Not that playing for Norwich is necessarily better than playing for Portsmouth!

This could be old news, if we have a bid accepted by Portsmouth he would find it very difficult to decide who to play for.

Could still happen, but are we prepared to keep up-ing our bid until we are paying over the odds for him?

Primus has been taking lessons from New Labour spin doctors because you can read his comments both ways depending on your point of view.

He is very positive about us (deal could still be alive) but talks in the past tense (deal is dead).

Here is the quote in full:

"I suppose the opportunities of playing at Norwich would have been greater than here at Portsmouth," the 30-year-old told BBC Radio Solent.

"They''ve just come into the (Premiership), and that''s difficult - it would have been a challenge.

"Weighing it up, it would have been a hard decision to make."

The plot thickens. According to there local rag we have offered to double his wages from £5k per week to £10K. If I was Primus I would be pissed off that I was being undervalued by my current deal.

While Primus would be a good signing I dont think we should EVER deal with ''Del Boy'' Redknapp again. Too much like hard work.

Getting a bit concerned that this deal is more about wages than anything else. Hopefully not another Steve Walsh!

Looking back at this story

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/3894303.stm

makes interesting reading. So Mandaric doesn''t like being ''held to ransome'' by players who''ve had more lucrative offers from elsewhere. If its true that we''ve offered to double his wages then he could well be our man.

On the other hand, how could we be talking contracts with him if Pompey haven''t yet accepted a bid as I understand the case is from reading certain stories.