Sign in to follow this  
KCASN

Iversen

"Norwich are poised to sign striker Stefan Iversen even though they have just had a bid for the striker turned down, it is said that Norwich manager Bryan Gunn will improve the bid and capture the striker who was a target in the summer!".

Sounds good, but we''ve just got Killen. He is a good player though. Apparently the money made from david Bell will be used for the transfer.

OTBC!

He is only 32, so 500k is not that bad really, don''t forget if he keeps us up and then helps move forward to the playoffs next year, then its cheap, yes I know the flip side, but he is a good goal scorer.

But we have been through this issue many atime before.

It''s all very well quoting a story, but without knowing where it''s from it''s a bit pointless!

Not having a go at all, just want to know where it''s from!

Would be a good signing as long as its £500k or under.

Ah one can only hope so then.

We need someone! Not even Killen''s been confirmed yet and its got to the point where I believe nothing until it''s 100% official!

We have indeed been over this many times - look at players like Howard and the sort of fees that he has commanded in recent years.  For a decent proven striker, even at 32, a fee in the region of £500k is very reasonable.

Whatever happens, it is pretty clear to me that we will be linked with several players who have been mentioned in the near past - Gunn was head of player recruitment and presumably produced reports on any number of players who may not have been up Roeder''s street or who we were unable to sign at the time.  It should also be noted that he said he used to bump into Deehan a lot, so they were potentially looking at same/similar players.  It at least suggests that a fair amount of homework will have been done on any signing we make.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

He is only 32, so 500k is not that bad really, don''t forget if he keeps us up and then helps move forward to the playoffs next year, then its cheap, yes I know the flip side, but he is a good goal scorer.

But we have been through this issue many atime before.

[/quote]

It just reminds me of Fleck (part 2) - half a season of goals and then two and half seasons of few goals

Cureton (part 2) - one season of goals, one goal for City this season and....

I take your point about whether its worth paying the money to stay up though.

The news her in Norway is that Norwich had a bid of 20 millions norwegian kroner, I think that would be around 1,6 million pounds. I think if this is the right information, it`s too mutch money. Because he is 32 and often injured. Use that kind of money on a mix of young talent an maybe one or to experinced players. I would love too see Ched, Lita and central defender for that kind of money.

[quote user="Fossy"]

The news her in Norway is that Norwich had a bid of 20 millions norwegian kroner, I think that would be around 1,6 million pounds. I think if this is the right information, it`s too mutch money. Because he is 32 and often injured. Use that kind of money on a mix of young talent an maybe one or to experinced players. I would love too see Ched, Lita and central defender for that kind of money.

[/quote]that offer seems way over the odds fozzy - maybe 2m Kroner!!!

"The bid is said to be just 200,000 punds. RBK are in principle not willing to sell. "

Rosenborg website.. so the 2 mil was 200k. They want more but looks as if we are going for him. Good stuff!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

We have indeed been over this many times - look at players like Howard and the sort of fees that he has commanded in recent years.  For a decent proven striker, even at 32, a fee in the region of £500k is very reasonable.

Whatever happens, it is pretty clear to me that we will be linked with several players who have been mentioned in the near past - Gunn was head of player recruitment and presumably produced reports on any number of players who may not have been up Roeder''s street or who we were unable to sign at the time.  It should also be noted that he said he used to bump into Deehan a lot, so they were potentially looking at same/similar players.  It at least suggests that a fair amount of homework will have been done on any signing we make.

[/quote]I agree entirely.To add to that I think target men are also players that get better with age much like goal keepers. You don''t have to look far to figure that out. I think it has a lot to do with mentality in that when you are young, like Brown, you have the pace to do more than just hold the ball up - and so that side of their game is perhaps not favoured. When they start to loose that pace - or never had a great deal of it they seem to concentrate more on the other aspects such as holding it up and playing others in.Iverson may not get you masses of goals in his own right but much like Roberts he may be able to provide the knock downs and flick ons etc that fed players like Bellamy. It also seems that Cort may be getting there as he seemed to play well up at Donny - seems a shame that a lot of the people who reported on the game prefered to mention everyone but him when it seemed City got more joy when they had someone who was winning headers etc.

Steffen is under contract to Rosenborg for a while yet.However, I believe there may be an interesting complication to the situation .......

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

I agree entirely.

To add to that I think target men are also players that get better with age much like goal keepers. You don''t have to look far to figure that out. I think it has a lot to do with mentality in that when you are young, like Brown, you have the pace to do more than just hold the ball up - and so that side of their game is perhaps not favoured. When they start to loose that pace - or never had a great deal of it they seem to concentrate more on the other aspects such as holding it up and playing others in.

Iverson may not get you masses of goals in his own right but much like Roberts he may be able to provide the knock downs and flick ons etc that fed players like Bellamy. It also seems that Cort may be getting there as he seemed to play well up at Donny - seems a shame that a lot of the people who reported on the game prefered to mention everyone but him when it seemed City got more joy when they had someone who was winning headers etc.
[/quote]

Agree with your comments re target men, unfortunately a Tottenham supporting friend of mine says that Iverson is not a target man. Presumably that will be Killen''s role.

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="Huddy "]

200K according too....

http://www.rosenborg.info/article/6605

[/quote]

Good spot Huddy

£200k bid is more like it

[/quote]

200k should be all we pay for him IMO.

[/quote]

Especially if theres going to be a buyout clause.

[/quote]Wrong way round.

There is one further factor which "may" come into play here - our understanding  from several months ago is that he would like to come back to England.  His wife is English (they married in this country) and I believe she wants to come home.............

If he currently has a buy-out clause, presumably we will be able to get it enforced - you''d have thought someone would tip us the wink as to how much it is, we''ve been stung ourselves by agents touting them around often enough; we were told (by Cam and others) in the summer that he had wanted to return to England and that it was more likely we would get him in the January window, so perhaps all of it is indeed coming together. 

Whether the money was there for GR to use (remember he switched his attentions to to Sib/Lita) is debateable, but we do appear to have found at least a small pot of ££ to put down on a few players at last.

Re: what a reasonable fee would be is clearly going to be disagreed upon by many - imo you have to pay for quality so it might be higher than some think, but may well depend on any buy out clause.  

My Norwegian friend said "Yep Rosenborg will sell Steffen Iversen for £2m.. He is a very good player and his fitness is now superb much better than when he played for Spurs.. He has changed his life style no drinking and party and has been excellent the last seasons for Rosenborg and have been voted best player in Norway 07 and 08"