Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Bell sold for just 150k

According to what i''ve just read in a newspaper, we sold David Bell to Coventry for just a pathetic 150k!!!! Considering we paid Luton 400k, just last summer, this was very bad business.

Well that must be true then. If its in the Sun then you know 100% its true.

I don''t believe that we sold him for that little. But I do believ that we have made 150k profit, I reckon that we paid a fee to Luton, but not all of it and Cov will have to pay the extra plus some more for us.

Quote from Newspaper:

Coventry have sealed the double signing of winger David Bell and defender James McPake. Former Republic of Ireland under-21 ace Bell, 25 joins the Sky Blues for £150,000 from Norwich, while Livingston skipper McPake, 24, cost £50,000.

[quote user="colneycanary"]

Quote from Newspaper:

Coventry have sealed the double signing of winger David Bell and defender James McPake. Former Republic of Ireland under-21 ace Bell, 25 joins the Sky Blues for £150,000 from Norwich, while Livingston skipper McPake, 24, cost £50,000.

[/quote]AGAIN, source?

Quote from Newspaper:

Coventry have sealed the double signing of winger David Bell and defender James McPake. Former Republic of Ireland under-21 ace Bell, 25 joins the Sky Blues for £15,000,000 from Norwich, while Livingston skipper McPake, 24, cost £50,000.

I also write for a gossip column for a newspaper. I have many sauces, each with something different to offer when coompiling the column...

Well they may make their minds up, it''s gone from ;

David Bell - Norwich to Coventry (undisclosed)  on Friday

I think it may be safe to say they have no idea.

[quote user="The Walking Man"]

I also write for a gossip column for a newspaper. I have many sauces, each with something different to offer when coompiling the column...

[/quote]Your write for a gossip column in a newspaper and you can''t spell sources?

I thinks its fair to say that the fact the fee is "undisclosed" suggest strongly that we are getting less for him than we paid. Someone should take this up with ND as if its the case its either a sign of us being completely financially in the mire or more shambolic transfer activity by the club.

[quote user="colneycanary"]

According to what i''ve just read in a newspaper, we sold David Bell to Coventry for just a pathetic 150k!!!! Considering we paid Luton 400k, just last summer, this was very bad business.

[/quote]

I think Coventry paid the remaining money we owed to Luton plus £150,000 to us. This is why it is undisclosed as the money involves 3 clubs and not 2.

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]colneycanary, is the question too hard for you?[/quote]

It appears that Colney cant grasp simple coversation tactis. He is either a simpleton or mentally challenged. Im guessing its the first.

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]colneycanary, is the question too hard for you?[/quote]

It appears that Colney cant grasp simple coversation tactis. He is either a simpleton or mentally challenged. Im guessing its the first.

[/quote]A third alternative would be ''offline''.

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

[/quote]I''ve only reported what i''ve read in a paper today. How the newspaper finds out  the transfer fee is beyond me. But when the club won''t tell the supporters how much, i can''t see why a newspaper would just guess a transfer fee when the deal is already done and dusted and history now.

Chances are its undisclosed because it is bloody complicated.  i.e 10% here, 20% if he does this etc. etc.  IN all fairness though, I would like to know if we made a profit/loss on him.

[quote user="colneycanary"][quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

[/quote]I''ve only reported what i''ve read in a paper today. How the newspaper finds out  the transfer fee is beyond me. But when the club won''t tell the supporters how much, i can''t see why a newspaper would just guess a transfer fee when the deal is already done and dusted and history now.[/quote]Fair enough CC, but why the coyness over which paper you read it in? Or is it one of those papers that stretch the definition of "read" like the Sport? [:)]