Sign in to follow this  
Robert Ketts Yellow Army

Just got back from match...

Scrappy first half, with sloppy Norwich giving the ball away too often. Heads dropped when Donny scored and I feared a hammering.

But Gunny stirred the side at half time and they came back fighting and scored a great goal through Grounds.

Norwich played attacking  football, although the lack of penetration at the front is worrying.

Cort looked better and more confident and showed some quite quick footwork. Cureton tried but was crowded out most of the game.

Croft, Semmy and Clingan all good.

Doc and Grounds exceptional. Marshall did a great save.

Fotheringham anonymous bar one awful long distance pass to no-one. Why is he the captain?

That''s the only negative. Overall the team performed for the manager, who must be pleased.

The away support was splendid.

Delia looked pleased with a point.

Me too, just back from the game - Crofty was fantastic tonight. Seemed to be the only outfield player with any passion. The Doc was great too, as was Marshall. The rest were average at best, lots of possession first half, no end product. When attack broke down, were happy to watch Doncaster take the ball to our box. Second half more promising, Cort quite impressive - won alot and held up well. Looked a bit lightweight, could do with a few more pounds on (get down to asda carl).   The support was fantastic. Outsung Doncaster all night. Had to feel sorry for the poor Donny guy who was taunted about his girlfriend in the first half - he didn''t re-appear for the second!!

Thank F*ck Fotheringham is out against Wolves - we might pick up a point or even three without him, especially if Uncle Fester sees sense and fields Cort & Lupoli or Cureton (preferably Lupoli) from the start.

[quote user="shyster"]Thank F*ck Fotheringham is out against Wolves - we might pick up a point or even three without him, especially if Uncle Fester sees sense and fields Cort & Lupoli or Cureton (preferably Lupoli) from the start.
[/quote]

Its unfothermable why hes in the team

And as captain.May be he''s a good joke teller and good for players morale off the pitch, because he certainly does f*ck all on it.

Just got back as well, must have seen a different game to me as I thought Fozzy was superb tonight, put in some really good tackles and spread the play well under pressure, Semmy was again terrible tonight, and I thought him and Grounds defensively were very very weak, they play like that at Wolves and we could concede a few!! Croft played well as did Hoolahan, both chasing down every ball. Cureton missed a really good chance which I would have put my house on him scoring, also we played quite a lot of long ball in the first half, which was pointless as we had midgets up front, but we looked a different side when Cort came on, he won nearly everything in the air, and held the ball up really well, would like to see him and Lupoli start on Tuesday. Our support was magnificent, sung the whole way through the match, the Donny fans were some of the quietest I''ve encountered on the road, but overall pleased with the point and there is a lot of positives to take into the Wolves game.

"delia was pleased with a point"

oh! goody goody gum drops, as long as Delia was pleased with a point, hope that makes for a really super weekend for her. FFS!

[quote user="shyster"]And as captain.May be he''s a good joke teller and good for players morale off the pitch, because he certainly does f*ck all on it.[/quote]Come on now, he''s a fantastic human being.

A few thoughts on the game

Too much hoofing in the first half, Donny pressed us well, Hoolahan was being man-marked and the back four had few options.

Crofty outstanding again, ran for everything, crossed for the goal. Final ball still very variable

There defence (Doc aside) were very shaky. Semmy had a mare, missed a good chance, and looked half asleep. Grounds, apart from the goal was suspect, and seemed on a different wavelength to Bertrand

Fozzy did well, worked hard, and had one his better games. Sammy was steady.

Maybe it was a good thing that the sub was forced on Gunny (with apols to Rusty - hope he''s ok), we looked more of a threat with Cort on. He was less statue-eque than before, showed some nice touches, but got progressively slower as the match went on. He fell over loads at the end, maybe because the pitch was freezing up. He is still miles away from fitness.

Curo worked hard, but missed a very good chance. Didn''t look very sharp

All in all a fair result, lost the first half, shaded the second.

Great turnout from the Yellow Army, good support. Not a bad new ground, at least it''s the right size for them.

Decent journey home, back at 12.45am. Promised to take the kids to the British Museum today which I am now regretting!

Having been to the game last night my own views are a mix of the above. Both teams are very poor and it is easy to see why they are where they are. Doncaster have little punch up front and we have even less. Cort got so excited at one stage he actually jumped for the ball. He''s a lump and why Roeder signed him, Lord alone knows. Barn-door did he''s usual - one golden chance with only the ''keeper to beat from 6 yards and missed. That after 90 seconds of the restart but hey, his name was chanted by the many who don''t seem to realise forwards are expected to score.

Marshall had little to do but did what he did have to do well. Our full backs are a liability as they don''t seem to believe marking players is part of their remit. When Donny scored I thought one of their players must be offside as noone was marking him and so he could set up the goal but no, simply Bertrand having an away day. Hooli was average as was Fozzy but Croft and Clingan played well and Clingan was my MOM.

Unfortunately that was a must-win game for us as Donny have the game in hand. I really can''t see where the goals are coming from to get more than perhaps another 3 points away from home and our home form is crap so relegation is now becoming likely rather than possible. Will this be another transfer window where our glorious board make money rather than invest? We need at least 2 forwards brought in by midnight Monday but I''m not holding my breath 

Apologies, I didn''t mention Ginger Pele and Grounds. The Doc was excellent last night and ran Clingan close for MOM. Grounds took his goal very well but I''m not sure he''s hat good a CB. However he is young and that may be just down to a lack of experience at this stage of his career.

[quote user="ellis206"]Just got back as well, must have seen a different game to me as I thought Fozzy was superb tonight, put in some really good tackles and spread the play well under pressure, Semmy was again terrible tonight, and I thought him and Grounds defensively were very very weak, they play like that at Wolves and we could concede a few!! Croft played well as did Hoolahan, both chasing down every ball. Cureton missed a really good chance which I would have put my house on him scoring, also we played quite a lot of long ball in the first half, which was pointless as we had midgets up front, but we looked a different side when Cort came on, he won nearly everything in the air, and held the ball up really well, would like to see him and Lupoli start on Tuesday. Our support was magnificent, sung the whole way through the match, the Donny fans were some of the quietest I''ve encountered on the road, but overall pleased with the point and there is a lot of positives to take into the Wolves game.
[/quote]

Half chance, no more, and again credit to the keeper.[:|]

[quote user="crafty canary"]

Having been to the game last night my own views are a mix of the above. Both teams are very poor and it is easy to see why they are where they are. Doncaster have little punch up front and we have even less. Cort got so excited at one stage he actually jumped for the ball. He''s a lump and why Roeder signed him, Lord alone knows. Barn-door did he''s usual - one golden chance with only the ''keeper to beat from 6 yards and missed. That after 90 seconds of the restart but hey, his name was chanted by the many who don''t seem to realise forwards are expected to score.

Marshall had little to do but did what he did have to do well. Our full backs are a liability as they don''t seem to believe marking players is part of their remit. When Donny scored I thought one of their players must be offside as noone was marking him and so he could set up the goal but no, simply Bertrand having an away day. Hooli was average as was Fozzy but Croft and Clingan played well and Clingan was my MOM.

Unfortunately that was a must-win game for us as Donny have the game in hand. I really can''t see where the goals are coming from to get more than perhaps another 3 points away from home and our home form is crap so relegation is now becoming likely rather than possible. Will this be another transfer window where our glorious board make money rather than invest? We need at least 2 forwards brought in by midnight Monday but I''m not holding my breath 

[/quote]I''m afraid I must take issue with the highlighted bit. Marshall closed down the shot, which the guy then mishit (because of Marshal)l. Doc covered Marshall on the line. The goal was not "set up", Donny just got lucky.Nothing like Grounds'', where Croft teed him up with a lovely little dinked cross.Luck can play a big part in football.

Fozzy play great and no idea why all say opposite!?

Also both full backs have big problems when play one on one with oposite players.

Cort so many wrong passes seems struggle to find match rithm.

Russel play nothing!

Clingan is a gift !

We must change to 4-4-2 at least for home matches!

Wolves easy will walk over us...

Im glad with the pount last night.

Support was great with almost full away stand!

City till I die!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="ellis206"]Just got back as well, must have seen a different game to me as I thought Fozzy was superb tonight, put in some really good tackles and spread the play well under pressure, Semmy was again terrible tonight, and I thought him and Grounds defensively were very very weak, they play like that at Wolves and we could concede a few!! Croft played well as did Hoolahan, both chasing down every ball. Cureton missed a really good chance which I would have put my house on him scoring, also we played quite a lot of long ball in the first half, which was pointless as we had midgets up front, but we looked a different side when Cort came on, he won nearly everything in the air, and held the ball up really well, would like to see him and Lupoli start on Tuesday. Our support was magnificent, sung the whole way through the match, the Donny fans were some of the quietest I''ve encountered on the road, but overall pleased with the point and there is a lot of positives to take into the Wolves game. [/quote]

[/quote]Come on Wiz we know you love Jamie Lad but Ellis was at the match and saw the chance first hand.

[quote user="Tommy Gunn"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="ellis206"]Just got back as well, must have seen a different game to me as I thought Fozzy was superb tonight, put in some really good tackles and spread the play well under pressure, Semmy was again terrible tonight, and I thought him and Grounds defensively were very very weak, they play like that at Wolves and we could concede a few!! Croft played well as did Hoolahan, both chasing down every ball. Cureton missed a really good chance which I would have put my house on him scoring, also we played quite a lot of long ball in the first half, which was pointless as we had midgets up front, but we looked a different side when Cort came on, he won nearly everything in the air, and held the ball up really well, would like to see him and Lupoli start on Tuesday. Our support was magnificent, sung the whole way through the match, the Donny fans were some of the quietest I''ve encountered on the road, but overall pleased with the point and there is a lot of positives to take into the Wolves game.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Come on Wiz we know you love Jamie Lad but Ellis was at the match and saw the chance first hand.
[/quote]

And I''ve watched the incident three times Tommy, and my eyes say different.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="crafty canary"]

[/quote]

I''m afraid I must take issue with the highlighted bit. Marshall closed down the shot, which the guy then mishit (because of Marshal)l. Doc covered Marshall on the line. The goal was not "set up", Donny just got lucky.
Nothing like Grounds'', where Croft teed him up with a lovely little dinked cross.
Luck can play a big part in football.

[/quote]

Just seen the goals on SSN and no, I wasn''t seeing things, The Donny player was totally unmarked when he set up the goal.  

Sorry Wiz, it was right in front of us, Jamie had a great chance and shot straight at the keeper. We were all willing him to score but it didn''t happen.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Sorry Wiz, it was right in front of us, Jamie had a great chance and shot straight at the keeper. We were all willing him to score but it didn''t happen.[/quote]

I''ve seen it 3 times now Gazza, Sullivan made himself big, and was on Jamie in a flash, give their keeper some credit.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Sorry Wiz, it was right in front of us, Jamie had a great chance and shot straight at the keeper. We were all willing him to score but it didn''t happen.[/quote]

I''ve seen it 3 times now Gazza, Sullivan made himself big, and was on Jamie in a flash, give their keeper some credit.

[/quote]

No. Cureton really should have scored. No proffesional footballer who is a striker should have missed that. A very big moment in the match.

Several points, first the pitch wasn''t great, especially down the wings. Marshall was superb, pulling off two great saves especially, to keep us in the match. Doc too was immense, he had to be as his defensive partners seemed to be somewhere else entirely, my MOM. Semmy going forward more than defending and Plastic constantly out of position. Clingan was mopping up when required and was also the reason we actually kept this at 1-1. Wes was great and created a lot, especially first half. Croft was industrious but his crosses met nothing in the box mostly (where were the strikers?). Russell and Cureton, well they just didn''t do it for me. We urgently need a mobile striker. Cort when he came on knew what to do, but his body isn''t letting him do it - yet. Do we have the time though to wait for him to regain his former skills? I would rather not mention Fozzy or Pattison as I don''t want to be negative..

Fans - brilliant, enjoyed the whole match singing and out singing Doncaster. We were standing at the back and the stewards kindly didn''t bother us. Players responded to us well after the game and after the goal.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

No. Cureton really should have scored. No proffesional footballer who is a striker should have missed that. A very big moment in the match.

[/quote]

Total crap Shaun, it was a half chance, nothing more.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Their keeper doesn''t need any credit from me Wiz, he did his job. It was a great chance for Jamie, and one he should have scored from.[/quote]

Thats not what Sky said!

cureton should score, was an absolute sitter - earnshaw for sure would have scored. Anyone know why hoolahan was took off? If he wasn''t injured gunn cost us thre game, because donny were there for the taking

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Well sorry Wiz, I may not be a Sky expert, but I was at the game and had a very good view of the chance.[/quote]

As did I gazza, three times and from an attaking angle!

Still, you went, with no replay facility, so you must be right![:|]

I was there also and receiving the ball unmarked on the edge of the six-yard box constitutes a clear goal-scoring opportunity to me - he should have hit it first-time which a striker in form would have done.

[quote user="Ricko"]I was there also and receiving the ball unmarked on the edge of the six-yard box constitutes a clear goal-scoring opportunity to me - he should have hit it first-time which a striker in form would have done.
[/quote]

Oh I give up!

If you indeed went, then you''re talking balls Ricko, try and catch a replay..........then come back and apologise to JC.