Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Bloody loan players

[quote user="CT "]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/7862210.stmCheap, short term options for teams that can afford no better [;)][/quote]This is just an amazing loan signing.   What are they thinking?What next - Robbie Savage to Barcelona?  Mark Fotheringham to Juventus?

I think they should impose a maximum of 3 loan players per club, it is impossible to build a decent team around players who don''t give a damn about the club. Bringing loan players in will do nothing to persuade people to renew their season tickets, I am sick to death of the way this club is being run and would rather we went into administration if that''s what it takes to get new owners who will at least show some ambition and drive to take the club forward.

I don''t think that the loan players were the problem. People like Bell (when he played) and Otsemoboor put in less effort and have less passion than all the loans and compared to how much enthusiasm Leroy had when he was here are an absolute disgrace.

I agree in principle that loan players are not the way forward, but we are in a mess and need to get out of it anyway we can.The Janurary window is not the time to buy players because prices are a lot higher than in the summer.The loan policy under Gunn is clearly different than it was under Roeder.Roeder''s approach was to buy Premier League youngsters, who have a big future in the game (only ever a stopgap) no chance of signings this players!Gunn''s approach is to look at good players, who are out of favour like Carney and Killen. This means in the summer there is a chance of signing them.The only example of Roeder doing this was with Leroy Lita!That all said I hope some money is reinvested with a striker and central defender that is ours.I am encouraged by the moves for Purse and Iverson and I hope they both sign.I know Cardiff have denied Purse being allowed to leave, but things in football change so quickly. 

The loan system is absolutely ridiculous. And now it is getting out of control, it really annoys me.

To allow 5 players per team is slightly too much, but to then impose that if they are from a foreign league they don''t count as loans, means you can effectively have a whole team of loans!

It should be 3 or 4 loans per season - with foreign loans actually counting in them.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]My main gripe about loans is quite simple, how do you build a steady and consistant team this way?[/quote]

Agree with you 100% Wiz,this years loan merry-go-round at Carrow Road is the main reason we are where we are. The club are mad to think we can survive when we have no team of our own!!

Loan players are alright if -

They are good enough and with something to prove!

Theirs not too many of them!

And they haven''t got clauses in the deal that insist they have to play X amount of games eg, Ommorzussi, Bertrand, Gibbs Henry etc!

Am pretty sure that no one really wants to be using loan players, but at the moment it is a case of beggars can''t be choosers to a certain extent.  We seem to have at least a small amount of money to spend, so would hope for a couple of permanents, but if some decent loans come too, then fine.  Goal number one is to stay in this division, all the other stuff can wait. 

IMO under Gunn there may well be a slightly different angle to loans - so far it seems he is looking more at players we could actually have a possibility of signing, so they could indeed be playing for their futures.  Roeder was at pains to mention that next-to none of the loans he got would be available, whereas the likes of Carney (and Killen) are players who could well be future potential signings.  Loans such as those have an entirely different context to them.