Sign in to follow this  
Michael Starr

If fans are the customer, why lie to them?

The single most frustrating thing for me, more than any of the bad decisions made in recent seasons, centers around the smokescreen mentality that slithers through from behind the scenes at this football club.

The whole "We''re not selling anyone" thing this week for example. I don''t mind the fact that we''re selling players, really I don''t, it''s understandable in some sense, but why make a public statement literally hours before doing a complete u-turn letting a key senior player leave?

Was this a "mind game" thing aimed at Coventry to up a bid. Or a move by Gunny to try and stop teams enquiring over current squad players? Is there a lack of communication internally between board and management? Was it the board who made the decision to sell Bell and not Gunny?

I just don''t understand why this club always seems to make statements, before then deflecting back time and time again. Surely they would be better off not making any statements at all about these things. No wonder the fans have lost confidence with the board when we can no longer trust anything they say. In fact, anything they say now leaves me with a feeling that the opposite is actually going to happen.

At no point have the club or Gunn said they''re not selling.Gunn stated that he''s looking to buy rather than sell, but not that we wouldn''t sell if the right offers are made.Don''t get drawn in by the usual paper talk.

[quote user="Michael Starr"]

The single most frustrating thing for me, more than any of the bad decisions made in recent seasons, centers around the smokescreen mentality that slithers through from behind the scenes at this football club.

The whole "We''re not selling anyone" thing this week for example. I don''t mind the fact that we''re selling players, really I don''t, it''s understandable in some sense, but why make a public statement literally hours before doing a complete u-turn letting a key senior player leave?

Was this a "mind game" thing aimed at Coventry to up a bid. Or a move by Gunny to try and stop teams enquiring over current squad players? Is there a lack of communication internally between board and management? Was it the board who made the decision to sell Bell and not Gunny?

I just don''t understand why this club always seems to make statements, before then deflecting back time and time again. Surely they would be better off not making any statements at all about these things. No wonder the fans have lost confidence with the board when we can no longer trust anything they say. In fact, anything they say now leaves me with a feeling that the opposite is actually going to happen.

[/quote]

To be honest there are many clubs that operate like this but not IMO to the extent of our lot and yet they still have the gall to say how great we the fans are and how much we should all pull together. Unlike most clubs that operate this kind of way towards fans and are rather more blatent about their intentions. Its that whole bulls hay persona that really gets my goat. They are either a gentlemans club in it for themselves or they''ve completely ran out of ideas, either way they are not the right kind of people running OUR CLUB.

. But as a football club we are becoming a joke. I''m a season ticket holder and shareholder and watching Michael and Delia ask the shareholders how do we get investment into the club, was the last straw!

Just one more thing the cook slipped with her tongue at the AGM that Doncaster came to their house with the exciting news of Peter Cullum''s investment offer, but apparently there was no investment offer we were then told? Lies, Lies and more Lies!!!!

Make of that what you will!

Some might say the constant assertion without proof, that the club lie to us is spin spin and more spin. If indeed someone can prove they''ve lied I''ll willingly apologise. I guess the Dean Ashton isn''t injured line was supicious in the extreme, but given his history he probably was!

[quote user="SPat"]Some might say the constant assertion without proof, that the club lie to us is spin spin and more spin. If indeed someone can prove they''ve lied I''ll willingly apologise. I guess the Dean Ashton isn''t injured line was supicious in the extreme, but given his history he probably was!
[/quote]

And Dickson etuhu had a tooth ache, and they''d sell the club for a tenner, no one wants to invest.....how long you got mate?

We too are getting very worried at what is starting to look like the asset stripping at our club.  Yet again one player in on loan and one of our few saleable assets leave.

We have been deeply mistrustful of this board and anything they have to say.  We are starting to seriously consider our season ticket position for next season as we cannot help but think that this is all leading towards administration.  And any saleable assets are leaving.

There is a post (rumour) on here mentioning the possibility of Crofty ( maybe)having a mysterious illness or injury (remember Ashton) [:S] and not playing in tonights game, if this turns out to be true, then our suspicions will only gather momentum.  If the board had such confidence in Gunny, Chippy and JD, why only employ them until the end of the season?  Is it a lead up to going into administration?

We can only think that the reason for employing the management team that they have was to get as many supporters as possible to renew the season tickets to help with the financial hole we are in.  Could it be that this money will also go missing ala numerous transfer funds prior to the dreaded happening.

These suspicions are born out of total frustration and lack of truthful information supplied to us mushrooms that we have all become. 

Having said all of the above, because of our love for NCFC (not the board), we hope we are desperately wrong.

[quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

[quote user="SPat"]Some might say the constant assertion without proof, that the club lie to us is spin spin and more spin. If indeed someone can prove they''ve lied I''ll willingly apologise. I guess the Dean Ashton isn''t injured line was supicious in the extreme, but given his history he probably was!
[/quote]

And Dickson etuhu had a tooth ache, and they''d sell the club for a tenner, no one wants to invest.....how long you got mate?

[/quote]

Don''t forget the ''''lots of lovely fresh investment''''  Delia Smith RNS [:)]

[quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Those who live by the sword perish by the sword.

Their tenure started with untruths and it will end the same way

There will always be a bigger B***** out there somwhere.

The chances are it may become even worse for the club and fans.

In that we have little say.

I think what i''ll do at some point is quickly through archives and pull together some recent "official statements" given to us by the board, managers, and players, and we can then draw conclusions in hindsight as to whether, or not, these statements were founded.

Don''t get me wrong, sometimes it''s in our best interests not to make public certain aspects of dealings, but my initial query here with the thread was focusing around public statements which have then been voided by deflective action, often within days of the original statement.

For me, it highlights my concern, a lack of consistancy at the top, a lack of direction, and question marks over who really is making decisions here, and how are those decisions being made. It''s another point of the finger at the board I know, but there''s clearly a problem here. 

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

[quote user="SPat"]Some might say the constant assertion without proof, that the club lie to us is spin spin and more spin. If indeed someone can prove they''ve lied I''ll willingly apologise. I guess the Dean Ashton isn''t injured line was supicious in the extreme, but given his history he probably was! [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Was it or was it not the case that when Delia said this it appears that the Turners were lined up to buy the club? In which case she was correct.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Was it or was it not the case that when Delia said this it appears that the Turners were lined up to buy the club? In which case she was correct.
[/quote]

I have no idea, I have never heard Delia say personally one way or the other.  PR machines can spin things anyway they choose to make things seem more plausable.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Was it or was it not the case that when Delia said this it appears that the Turners were lined up to buy the club? In which case she was correct.
[/quote]

Again ive no idea. Can you prove that Why did the Turners leave?

[quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"][quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Again ive no idea. Can you prove that Why did the Turners leave?

[/quote]

Sorry it was meant to read... can you prove this? And why did the turners leave with no explanation?

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It was not.  We were told that the Turners were going to put in another £1.5m . . . a tad short of the club''s £56m valuation.

To be fair no-one knows, but there was a credible rumour that the Turners were being lined up, and the evidence publically available supports the theory. Even if they weren''t going to buy, another £1.5 million IS more investment. Spin works both ways.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]To be fair no-one knows, but there was a credible rumour that the Turners were being lined up, and the evidence publically available supports the theory. Even if they weren''t going to buy, another £1.5 million IS more investment. Spin works both ways.[/quote]Could you explain to us what Delia and the Board meant when they said there had been no interest in the club at the AGM just days after Peter Cullum had expressed an interest then?

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]At no point have the club or Gunn said they''re not selling.

[/quote]

Michael Bailey-Pink Un-29/1/09

"He''s the first addition to the squad; he gives us good balance down the left hand side,” said Gunn, who dismissed Carney''s addition could see players like David Bell or Lee Croft depart Carrow Road."

[quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]Michael Bailey-Pink Un-29/1/09

"He''s the first addition to the squad; he gives us good balance down the left hand side,” said Gunn, who dismissed Carney''s addition could see players like David Bell or Lee Croft depart Carrow Road."[/quote]Arthur,

There is no direct quote in that piece that discusses Bell.

There are a few sentences about looking to get Croft on a new contract:

[quote]“As I said on Monday, we have had a chat with Lee and we have opened

negotiations with his representative. That is probably happening at

some stage this morning and I''ll probably give you an update after the

game on Friday night where we are with those.“But from my

discussions with Lee, he was very positive about Norwich City and he''s

focused on the job ahead. That''s important to me and it''s important to

the fans, that we''ve got someone who''s committed to the jersey.[/quote]

But nothing to confirm Bell''s position - at that point.

Add in the fact that Bell was sold on the 31st, not the 29th, and all we''ve got here is a piece of assumptive journalism.