Sign in to follow this  
Canary02 III

Killens signed - On Official Site now

Looks a good signing for us, looks like he knows how to find the back of the net and a target man, im happy with this.

I''ve never seen him play so I''m waiting to see what he''s like. Certainly sounds like he fits the bill and Gunny describes him as a target man so fingers crossed.

Only disappointment is that we still don''t have a contracted striker that will be here in six months time.

I remembered there being rumours about him from the summer so thought I''d have a look to see who was the first to start it, and thus become the winner of Extreme Foresight Award.  This week''s winner is..................................................... Ncfcstar!!http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1365839/ShowPost.aspxHonourable Mention goes to Chris Meadows who actually managed to post this rumour during Granty''s time in charge! Now that''s impressive.......http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/827099/ShowPost.aspx

anyone know how much celtic paid for him??? i''m just thinking, if he does well how much we might pay in the summer if we suddenly found a few quid

[quote user="cambscanary"]anyone know how much celtic paid for him??? i''m just thinking, if he does well how much we might pay in the summer if we suddenly found a few quid[/quote]

This is the danger of signing a loan player. If they do well, you could end up paying twice as much to make it permanent than you would if you''d just signed them in the first place. Obviously you have the benefit of not being lumbered with the rubbish ones permanently, but this is where the good managers distinguish themselves from the poor judges. 

Seems like a good signing.

Not seen him play but Strachan must have seen something to sign him.

At least he is not a Prem has been or kid and will hopefully come here with a point to prove.

[quote user="timncfc"]Looks a good signing for us, looks like he knows how to find the back of the net and a target man, im happy with this.[/quote]

Hopefully he does the biz but lets just not get tooooo excited, David Strihavka, Chris Brown, Carl Cort ![:|]

With Lupoli considered lightweight and Cort not fit enough we have had to start with Russell as a striker, but hopefully with the arrival of Killen that will all change.  The side now has a distinctly southern hemisphere look about it with Pattison, Carney and now Killen.

Ironically i signed Killen for us on FM earlier this week to play alongside James Keene from Elfsborg.

He''s only scored 1 from 6 games so far though, although we''re doing alright so far, 5th after 10 games, just hope he''ll have a slightly better strike rate for us in real life hey