Sign in to follow this  
Pottsy

Signings I thought we would make

This afternoon I have read Palace have tabled bids for Fitz Hall 1.5m, Marlon Harewood 1m and Michael Carrick 2.5m.
I have to say that when we were promoted I expected us to be making signings like these, I realise now that we don''t seem to be able to afford this so is Simon Jordan buying these players out of his own pocket?
I have to say if Palace and West Brom keep strengthening their teams I think they will be jusy as strong as us and think that sometimes on this message board we''re a little too quick to dismiss the fact that they may of improved from last year.

Surprised that Jordan has sanctioned these signings as he is trying to sell the club.

As I''ve said elsewhere I will be very surprised if Harewood goes to Palace after his very public spat with Iain Dowie last season. Still, time''s a great healer, perhaps! (Someone on another site says that marvellous Marlon has already been to Norwich to have a look around. That''s apparently from a youth team player, but get ready with your salt cellar until something more concrete appears. Do you know anything about this, Pete?)

Nope, not heard a dicky bird (and given Worthy''s history in secretive transfer dealings this means he''ll unveil him tomorrow!).

I have been keeping a keen eye on WBAs and Palace''s signings and feel although they have been linked with some quality players (WBAs interest in Carew was a joke!) the transfers they have made so far fail to impress me on the whole. Although I must admit that Purse was a good signing for WBA. Let''s also remember Palace have lost one or two good players like Julian Gray.

I''m sure Worthy has his amitious targets but he''s wisely keeping his cards close to his chest. And as I''ve said before the money doesn''t maketh the player, just look at Helveg and Bentley!
If Worthy can build a premeirship quality squad without breaking the bank then it just shows his ability as a manager.

I too would like us to sign players like these. However, West Ham have laughed off Palace''s derisory £3.5M for BOTH Harewood and Carrick. It will take a lot of money to get players like these, money which we don''t have