Sign in to follow this  
AndyJR

As we're not playing today I felt the need...

to listen to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boT0oNkWr0I

Evokes great memories.  Listen to it and then think:  What is your favorite memory from Carrow Road?  Does''nt have to be a great goal, although that''s fine; anything from throwing money into the bedsheets at half-time to the perfect pre-match hot-dog.  What is your best moment at Carrow Road?  What makes Carrow Road special?

[quote user="AndyJR"]

to listen to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boT0oNkWr0I

Evokes great memories.  Listen to it and then think:  What is your favorite memory from Carrow Road?  Does''nt have to be a great goal, although that''s fine; anything from throwing money into the bedsheets at half-time to the perfect pre-match hot-dog.  What is your best moment at Carrow Road?  What makes Carrow Road special?

Has to be the Bayern game. The atmosphere that night was electric, and when they scored early you could feel the tension rise, but the crowd was brilliant throughout and the noise when Gossy hammered Sutton''s flick on into the net had to be heard to be believed. We all felt we were on top of the world.

[/quote]

chris suttons header vs Southampton... FA cup 1/4 final replay 1992.... if thats my dying memory then i will die happy! that will stay with me forever! i was just 10 at the time.... i''d of traded anything for us to of got to Wembley....

jas :)

robert rosarios goal against southampton .

i think the game finished 4-4 .

rosario was better with his head than feet , yet he hit the ball from about 35 yards and it went in.

great game .

So many Andy, but seeing Stanley Mathews playing fort Stoke at Carrow road, when he had always been my hero. He was almost 50 years old in that game, i was 17 years old. We won 6-0 that night, i think, and Stans career was nearly over.

Andy, i''ve sent yo a P.M. mate 

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i''d of traded anything for us to of got to Wembley....

[/quote]I think you''re incorrectly conjugating the verb "to of" Jas.

ITS HAVE FFS
I WOULD HAVE, NOT I WOULD OF

[quote user="BIC"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i''d of traded anything for us to of got to Wembley....

[/quote]I think you''re incorrectly conjugating the verb "to of" Jas.

ITS HAVE FFS
I WOULD HAVE, NOT I WOULD OF[/quote]Shouldn''t that beIT''S HAVE FFS It is have for f*uck''s sakes

Love both the Bayern games but for me the San Siro after we had lost. The fans didn''t stop it seemed for hours. Pride that our team had come so close.

Their fans couldn''t work out who the Scum were we had beat 1-0.

Even the Italian police were swapping scarves etc.Mike Walker waving goodbye.

A mere typo.The correctly positioned apostrophe in "you''re" clearly shows I know what it is and where it goes, unlike the droves of people whom education passed by who insist on writing "Would of", "should of" etc etc.

86/87 season, the old first division,front row of the river end alongside the away fans back then,1-0 down against Liverpool,soaked from the hammering rain, my mother wanting to make an early exit due to conditions and avoid the traffic congestion on the way back to Yarmouth, no bypass back then drive through Acle, me being a stubborn little s**t of a 9yr old refusing to buge and being rewarded with a fantastic 2-1 victory.

[:D]Oh happy days[:D]                                        

[quote user="AndyJR"]

[/quote]

Too many to list, but the first one that sprang to mind was the 1971/2 promotion season when we beat Blackpool 5-1 at CR at Easter, I still remember what a beautiful warm spring day it was with a balmy breeze and CR flooded with mellow sunshine.  That was the day we really began to believe we were going up to the top flight for the first time in our history and no one could stop us. 

Kevin Keelan made the most almighty ricket for the Blackpool goal (but we were already five up), David Cross and Jimmy Bone scored for us and the Pinkun headline was the immortal "Hot Cross Bone".

[quote user="BIC"]A mere typo.
The correctly positioned apostrophe in "you''re" clearly shows I know what it is and where it goes, unlike the droves of people whom education passed by who insist on writing "Would of", "should of" etc etc.

[/quote]

I''m sorry I must have missed your tenure as English literature teacher on the forum.............sorry couldn''t resist lol [:P][:)]

Norwich City 2, Chelsea 1 (August 1992). This was our first home game in the inaugural season of the FA Premier League. I was the mascot that day and as a then 11 year old over from Belfast, it was one of the greatest days of my life. Spending time in the changing room with the players before the game, running out onto the hallowed Carrow Road turf to an applauding near-full house, taking shots at Bryan Gunn, photos taken with Gossy, Ruel, Butterworth, Sutton andf even the freshly-departed Flecky, enjoying director''s box treatment and...dare I say it....a tour of the trophy "cabinet" by Mr Robert Chase! A fabulous day that will stay with me forever.

A 5-4 home defeat against Southampton (3-1 up at half-time) was also pretty spectacular; Le Tissier bagged a hat-trick that day.