Sign in to follow this  
TheCardinal

Some of you disgust me

Call yourselves fans? On this forum alone are threads wishing we are relegated. Wishing we go into administration and wishing Bryan Gunn fails at his job "just to prove a point".Thank God this forum is not representative of the majority of actual Norwich fans who want this team to survive in this league, stave off the threat of administration and would like nothing more than Gunny, as a former playing legend, Norwich Sheriff and bloody nice bloke to boot, to succeed.Some of you need to take a good long look at yourselves and question just how much of a fan you are if you want bad things to happen to a football club you supposedly love. And if you still want those things, perhaps you should go buy your tickets here from now on.

I don''t want us to be relegated, it would be a disaster! so it follows, I don''t want Gunn to fail either. Maybe thats not what you expected me to say MM.

As for administration......................if we go down it will, I think, happen.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]Call yourselves fans? On this forum alone are threads wishing we are relegated. Wishing we go into administration and wishing Bryan Gunn fails at his job "just to prove a point".

Thank God this forum is not representative of the majority of actual Norwich fans who want this team to survive in this league, stave off the threat of administration and would like nothing more than Gunny, as a former playing legend, Norwich Sheriff and bloody nice bloke to boot, to succeed.

Some of you need to take a good long look at yourselves and question just how much of a fan you are if you want bad things to happen to a football club you supposedly love. And if you still want those things, perhaps you should go buy your tickets here from now on.
[/quote]

Bad things are already happening to a football club i love and have supported through thick and then for 40 years.

Nobody wants to see us relegated and i am sure most would love to see Gunn succeed, he already has improved things as we would have lost at Doncaster with Roeder in charge no question.

But it''s patently obvious in terms of success on the field, we are not going to get anywhere near the top of the Championship let alone the Premier League whilst the club is run as it is now.

I suspect that this forum is representative of a lot of fans. We were disgusted by the very large number of our own fans booing one of our own players before kick-off on Friday. As with Wrath of the Barclay strip out the liars (the club has been sold), the scummers (administration would be a good thing) and there isn''t much left.

fair enough marshy - the ''pull yourself together man'' stiff upper pep talk might work with some - but you should also consider that despair (or similar) can make people react in different ways...as in [:''(] or [8o|] or even [:|]the fact that some NCFC fans are expressing themselves in this way is merely a symptom of the perceived malaise/trouble (real or otherwise) that surrounds ncfc at the mo imo...sure gunny and the legends have raised the general spirit - but equally - we know that sometimes that isn''t enough - there also needs to be credible efforts to demonstrate a willingness to be successful to give supporters proper confidence again...

All  a  bit  like  a  family  Domestic  really. OK  for  us  to  argue  within  but  everyone  else  needs  to  keep  their  nose  out. The  moans  groans  are  understanable  but  the  bottom  line  i  do  not  want  relegation  or  administration  and  i  want  the  team  to  win  as  often  as  possible  regardless  of  the  manager. As  for  the  Board  until  someone  comes  up  with  any  cash  how  can  we  criticise  the  ones  who  have. True  they  have  done  a  crap  job, but  with  their  money

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]As  for  the  Board  until  someone  comes  up  with  any  cash  how  can  we  criticise  the  ones  who  have. True  they  have  done  a  crap  job, but  with  their  money[/quote]

With the help of far bigger recurring revenues from the fans, e.g. season tickets, casual seat tickets, catering, merchandising etc.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]Call yourselves fans? On this forum alone are threads wishing we are relegated. Wishing we go into administration and wishing Bryan Gunn fails at his job "just to prove a point".

Thank God this forum is not representative of the majority of actual Norwich fans who want this team to survive in this league, stave off the threat of administration and would like nothing more than Gunny, as a former playing legend, Norwich Sheriff and bloody nice bloke to boot, to succeed.

Some of you need to take a good long look at yourselves and question just how much of a fan you are if you want bad things to happen to a football club you supposedly love. And if you still want those things, perhaps you should go buy your tickets here from now on.
[/quote]

Let''s face it, the ones who want us to go down are in a small minority, and as much as I hate the board we have now in times of crisis (ie; relegation which could lead to administration), I HAVE to back the team and management as much as I can.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

Let''s face it, the ones who want us to go down are in a small minority, and as much as I hate the board we have now in times of crisis (ie; relegation which could lead to administration), I HAVE to back the team and management as much as I can.

[/quote]

Hooray, a united thread...........so far.

I never boo players before the game, just don''t cheer the ones who I think should not be in the team when their name is read out!

Admittedly when Roeder was in charge while I was always wanted Norwich to win I also excepted that every defeat was one game nearer to getting shot of the idiot!

I certainly don''t want Norwich to go down cause I think it would set the club back years and we would be a few years at least before we got promoted out of League 1!

People who say that relegation League 1 would be good for the club are deluding themselves.  We can rebuild in the Championship with more funds before even thinking about doing the same at League 1 level!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I don''t want us to be relegated, it would be a disaster! so it follows, I don''t want Gunn to fail either. Maybe thats not what you expected me to say MM.

As for administration......................if we go down it will, I think, happen.

[/quote]So you''re not welcoming Administration any more then?

Mon, Dec 29 2008, 10:55 AM

1st Wizard is not online. Last active: 01/02/2009 09:49:43

1st Wizard

Top 10 Posts

Joined on Sat, Oct 04 2003

Far beyond the misty mountains

Posts 8,766

Re: Why administration would be good?

Pboro Canary wrote:
 1st Wizard wrote:
 Mister Chops wrote:
 1st Wizard wrote:

It would, almost certainly, finish Smith!

And for that reason, and that reason alone, I would welcome it with open arms!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrrhic_victory

To compare City''s plight with military battles is pretty tenuious in the extreme Mr C.

Maybe, doesnt make it any less accurate though Wiz.  Adminstration would not solve anything, simple as.

Oh I don''t know P''boro, it would almost certainly finish the cook, that why I would welcome it.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hooray, a united thread...........so far.

[/quote]

Do you "hate the board" too Wiz?

Where does all the hatred come from?

I guess it''s just a phrase and people don''t really mean it..

Or do they..

i dont think alot of theese people realise if we drop down another division , lower gates to start , we would struggle to get players here of any quality .

how getting relegated would benefit us is totally beyond me.

i really cant see the logic in that ..

[quote user="singing canary"]

i dont think alot of theese people realise if we drop down another division , lower gates to start , we would struggle to get players here of any quality .

how getting relegated would benefit us is totally beyond me.

i really cant see the logic in that ..

[/quote]There is no logic in it, that''s why. People think the board will sell up then all will be rosy. Quite why being relegated would make them sell I''m not sure. Quite why having falling crowds, even less interest from the media, even less ability to attract players and in all a lower income would help in any way when the root cause of our problems is cash in beyond me.

if i was buying a club , i would rather have a championship team , than first division team .

if anyone supports this team why the hell , want to see them lose or relegated , not the type of fans you want !!!

[quote user="glove1"]well said............ there a\re so many negative so called fans on this site[/quote]

It’s very hard to find more positives than negatives at the moment unless the board provide funds for new permanent players

[/quote]

I have never wished us to be relegated or Gunny to fail or us to go into administration. However I think all three are possible. The only disgust I feel is for posters like you, who will carry on defending the rubbish way this club is being run, right up to and beyond the point where we end up in the third tier of English football.

Yep - totall agree with you a disgrace.

As for going into administration - bad idea!!

Just need to look at Leeds and Ipswich, neither of which own their ground or training facilities (I believe?) Due to paying off the debts they accumulated!

I don''t know a great deal about administration/insolvency/bankrupty - but its clearly not an option

Relegation would be an absolute disaster for the club and fans alike .

We all need to get behind the new management team and players and show visiting fans what good home support is , we should NEVER  boo our own players .

As a supporter who lives near and works at London Heathrow ( shift work ) I don''t get to as many as I would like but am always over the moon when we win .

Sure our Board have made mistakes but haven''t Boards of bigger clubs also , but when you are Man Utd or Liverpool etc you can absorb your mistakes financially , when you have limited resources like Norwich they are all the more noticeable .

Having been to Fans Forums etc I have found people like Roger Mumby and other members of the Board very approachable , can fans of some of the big Premiership Clubs say the same thing .

Yes of course I would love for someone of Peter Cullum''s wealth to come in and put the club on a firm financial footing and would love to be in the Premiership and in European Competitions but until then I will remain a loyal fan. 

Fans of Delia or fans of the Club???

Two entirely different things... it is fans like you who disgust me... we have every right to our oipinion yet have had the likes of your opinions force upon us for the last 4 years whil the club has been slowly but surely strangled to death.

You may be happy to sit there and watch something you love strangled to death, but what gives you the right to judge others that aren''t?

I will applaud you for being such a great fan when Delia finally leads us in to Div 1 and administration Sir... [:$]

The only ones who seem to want relegation is this shambolic board and the are making all the right moves to help it to happen. I get sick of all this you are not real fans nonsense, just because we want and expect better for our club. You can be happy with whats going on at the club if you want but i for one will keep saying what i think and i think City fans are being mugged off, big time.

What disgusts me is the constant questioning of the boards motives. I have no problem with people saying they''ve made mistakes, they have. But to constantly spout the bile and rubbish that their only motives are their own egos & increasing their own financial wealth is wrong and frankly the product of bitter twisted minds. The only people I feel are strangling the club I love are those forever sniping .

[quote user="Whats a right winger"]What disgusts me is the constant questioning of the boards motives. I have no problem with people saying they''ve made mistakes, they have. But to constantly spout the bile and rubbish that their only motives are their own egos & increasing their own financial wealth is wrong and frankly the product of bitter twisted minds. The only people I feel are strangling the club I love are those forever sniping .[/quote]

Maybe that is because the boards motives are very dubious in the extreme.

How many times have they played with the truth to issue a well worded press statement which really tells the fans nothing???

Absolutely bang on Ricky. I''ve supported the club for well over 50 years and i get really pi@@ed off reading this total nonsense from the OP and others supporting him.

[quote user="Whats a right winger"]What disgusts me is the constant questioning of the boards motives. I have no problem with people saying they''ve made mistakes, they have. But to constantly spout the bile and rubbish that their only motives are their own egos & increasing their own financial wealth is wrong and frankly the product of bitter twisted minds. The only people I feel are strangling the club I love are those forever sniping .[/quote]

Do you honestly believe Delia will  poorer when she finally does us all a favour and move on.

[quote user="Whats a right winger"]Dubious??? I thought according to you they were cut & dried and intent on wrecking the club. Dubious implies some doubt[/quote]

Implies no doubt to me... but is all I am allowed to put on a public mesage board.