Sign in to follow this  
koimatsuba

28 days later ...

28 days! until I have to make my mind up on what is becoming a very hard question to answer:

Do I continue to support the club I love via a season ticket , when I am TOTALLY dimayed by the runnign of this club and the way the board etc treat the fans as if we are from another planet.?

Lies, ''Good feeling back at Norwich'', 5 interviews on short list, Don''t need to sell anybody: eg. Croft, Bell, Wothy approach, etc etc etc....

I know Its all negative and its all becoming a big bore but in 28 days do I really want it all again for another season. I LOVE the club, ''city till I die'' I love the day, evening football event with my mate,
but with times hard £366 is a lot for a game of football, which turns out at present to be just a disapointing 90 mins with me and others shouting at the players and the even the current management for there lack of tatics etc..

OK so I''ll give it the Full 28 days (27) and then pay via CC is I still want it, Hopefully things might have changed a bit by then.

Who else out there feel like this? IS everyone happy with this ''feel good factor'' and mass printouts sent to our homes with glory in the derby the only highlight!
Does everyone still want to renew this year? And wasn''t last year the price change from March 31st? not Feb 28th?

Funny thing is that Croft once couldn''t get in the team.
Now hes the star player! on the front of the leaflets and ''we can''t sell him to Utd!''. Times have changed!

I know that the more people who don''t join up the less money the club have, and that bad, but is a total clear out the answer?

Cheers All, replies would be great to help make up my mind and many others around me!

Thanks (excuse any spelling done in a hurry!)

not really sorry, we have been getting better result since gunns been in charge.

the last manager didnt know what he was doing .

im happy to give gunny and gang a chance.

I only have a membership these days Koimatsuba, partly because I can''t afford anymore, and partly, because I don''t trust the board with too much of my cash. 

Interesting...

Direct Debit renewals deadline 21st February, Home game against Burnley, take your Direct Debit cancellation to the ticket office after the match?

First renewal deadline 28th February, Home game against Coventry City, renew season ticket at the ticket office after the match?

A lot could depend on the outcome of these two matches.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]
It''s simple.

If you don''t think you''ll miss it, don''t bother.

If you think you''ll miss it, renew.
[/quote]

No it isn''t.

I haven''t renewed for two years (2009/10 will make it three) because I didn''t agree with the direction the board was taking the club and felt that the guarantee of 20,000 bums on seats had made them complacent. I wanted to support the club as much as ever, but did not feel I would be doing so by renewing. 

I haven''t been to Carrow Road for two years now.  Do I miss it?  Yes of course (and if you''re thinking of going down the same route, take it from me it doesn''t get any easier as time goes on).   Do I regret it?  Put it this way, I''m glad I didn''t know how long it would take for things to change - but no, I don''t regret it for a minute.

[quote user="Potless Percy "]

It''s simple.

[/quote]

No it isn''t.

I haven''t renewed for two years (2009/10 will make it three) because I didn''t agree with the direction the board was taking the club and felt that the guarantee of 20,000 bums on seats had made them complacent. I wanted to support the club as much as ever, but did not feel I would be doing so by renewing. 

I haven''t been to Carrow Road for two years now.  Do I miss it?  Yes of course (and if you''re thinking of going down the same route, take it from me it doesn''t get any easier as time goes on).   Do I regret it?  Put it this way, I''m glad I didn''t know how long it would take for things to change - but no, I don''t regret it for a minute.

[/quote]

Now, why does that not surprise me? Seems that those who moan loudest on this Forum are the ones who have the least right to.....

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

It''s simple.

[/quote]

No it isn''t.

[/quote]

Now, why does that not surprise me? Seems that those who moan loudest on this Forum are the ones who have the least right to.....

[/quote]

Thats a bit harsh, I agree with a lot hes saying, perhaps if I don''t go this season and the next I will be out of touch as well? Not really, the commentry on BBC Norfolk is pretty good, good enough to know if the players have no passion or effort, or no tatics, or no game plan, or the manager is playing players wrongly etc etc etc ....

We all know the club is on a slippery slope, we need cash fast or its more of the same for a long long long ... time.

Thanks For all your replies so far.

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

It''s simple.

[/quote]

No it isn''t.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Gosh! You must go to games and be a true supporter just like me......Except, I''m not a chump like you....

[quote user="Flipside"]

Interesting...

Direct Debit renewals deadline 21st February, Home game against Burnley, take your Direct Debit cancellation to the ticket office after the match?

First renewal deadline 28th February, Home game against Coventry City, renew season ticket at the ticket office after the match?

[/quote]

If you pay by DD you don''t need to do anything to renew - it is assumed to be renewed unless you contact the club (and was in the letter sent out); is actually quite a standard thing and good that the club is moving into the 21st century - but does seem to have taken people a bit by surprise!

[quote user="koimatsuba"]

28 days! until I have to make my mind up on what is becoming a very hard question to answer:

Do I continue to support the club I love via a season ticket , when I am TOTALLY dimayed by the runnign of this club and the way the board etc treat the fans as if we are from another planet.?

Lies, ''Good feeling back at Norwich'', 5 interviews on short list, Don''t need to sell anybody: eg. Croft, Bell, Wothy approach, etc etc etc....

I know Its all negative and its all becoming a big bore but in 28 days do I really want it all again for another season. I LOVE the club, ''city till I die'' I love the day, evening football event with my mate,
but with times hard £366 is a lot for a game of football, which turns out at present to be just a disapointing 90 mins with me and others shouting at the players and the even the current management for there lack of tatics etc..

OK so I''ll give it the Full 28 days (27) and then pay via CC is I still want it, Hopefully things might have changed a bit by then.

Who else out there feel like this? IS everyone happy with this ''feel good factor'' and mass printouts sent to our homes with glory in the derby the only highlight!
Does everyone still want to renew this year? And wasn''t last year the price change from March 31st? not Feb 28th?

Now hes the star player! on the front of the leaflets and ''we can''t sell him to Utd!''. Times have changed!

I know that the more people who don''t join up the less money the club have, and that bad, but is a total clear out the answer?

Cheers All, replies would be great to help make up my mind and many others around me!

[/quote]

excellent post mate, and that''s exactly the way I feel. I am not going to renew until the end of Feb at the earliest. I am lucky in that I can easily afford it, but for it''s the principle of the thing. It''s almost like I will be giving in if I hand over more money to the incompetent buffoons who are ruining our club. If I renew and then I see Doomcaster on tv with that bloody inane grin saying how loyal the supporters have been, to be followed by the usual complete lack of a transfer kitty to give us a reasonable chance of competing then I am going to need anger management training.

and yes last year we did have until March 31st. This year we are being chased down early for the following reasons in my book - 1/cash in on the supposed "feel good" factor, 2/ by March 31st we may be in an even worse league position than we are now

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="Flipside"]

Interesting...

[/quote]

If you pay by DD you don''t need to do anything to renew - it is assumed to be renewed unless you contact the club (and was in the letter sent out); is actually quite a standard thing and good that the club is moving into the 21st century - but does seem to have taken people a bit by surprise!

[/quote]

I''ve just reread the literature and I still can find no reference to this.  Is this in the letter or the booklet ?   

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="koimatsuba"]

[/quote]

excellent post mate, and that''s exactly the way I feel. I am not going to renew until the end of Feb at the earliest. I am lucky in that I can easily afford it, but for it''s the principle of the thing. It''s almost like I will be giving in if I hand over more money to the incompetent buffoons who are ruining our club. If I renew and then I see Doomcaster on tv with that bloody inane grin saying how loyal the supporters have been, to be followed by the usual complete lack of a transfer kitty to give us a reasonable chance of competing then I am going to need anger management training.

and yes last year we did have until March 31st. This year we are being chased down early for the following reasons in my book - 1/cash in on the supposed "feel good" factor, 2/ by March 31st we may be in an even worse league position than we are now

[/quote]

Thanks Barclay Boy, I knew it was March 31st last year!!! The Bl**dy cheek of the board again, do they think we are all loaded and just sitting here ready to pay!!! I agree with the angermangment, soon i''ll be sing "I feel pretty, oh so pretty, I feel joyful and ..." (quote from the film). Just to keep calm. My mate and I already sing the Muppets tune everytime the away time score!!!

27 days to wind myself up even more, I love City and hope we stay up, Gunn & Co get us promoted, we stay up in the Prem and then win the european cup the season after the Prem league!!! but I doubt it very much, in fact I have more chance of winning the Lottery or a Golden Goal competition than that happening. More like the board take our money, to help finace there cars and lifestyel while the club slips into admin and Norwich finish in the relegation zone and then into obilivon!

Gloom and Doom I know but, not far from what might happen.

Cheers AGAIN.

ANY MORE ... ideas, PS if I get a membership: whats the diference between standard and super membership £15? And how easy is it to get tickets on the off chance with a membership ticket, Lastly whats the normal price?

ive just got a new job which means i will work 2 staurdays out fo 4 and have still renewed... i cant be without!

jas :)

[quote user="koimatsuba"]

....27 days to wind myself up even more, I love City and hope we stay up, Gunn & Co get us promoted, we stay up in the Prem and then win the european cup the season after the Prem league!!! but I doubt it very much, in fact I have more chance of winning the Lottery or a Golden Goal competition than that happening. More like the board take our money, to help finace there cars and lifestyel while the club slips into admin and Norwich finish in the relegation zone and then into obilivon! .......

[/quote]If you believe this, you need help.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="koimatsuba"]

....27 days to wind myself up even more, I love City and hope we stay up, Gunn & Co get us promoted, we stay up in the Prem and then win the european cup the season after the Prem league!!! but I doubt it very much, in fact I have more chance of winning the Lottery or a Golden Goal competition than that happening. More like the board take our money, to help finace there cars and lifestyel while the club slips into admin and Norwich finish in the relegation zone and then into obilivon! .......

[/quote]

If you believe this, you need help.

[/quote]

So you think the board are on 20k jobs a year with a Ford Focus then? ''If you belive that then you need help''. How many board members? How much a year? Company cars? Perks, Bonuses etc etc etc.. Ok they may not be in the Prem league of wages but with players wages, Staff and Board wages, Bank Debts all we are doing is just paying for all that Cr*p. The thing is they ALL earn far too much and then out goings of the club far outway the incomings by around 5-6 million a year, theres something very wrong with this strategy. It can only lead to Admin or Bust. Theres only so mauch land and players NCFC can sell to balance the books.

Cheers

28 Days later.A film made on Canon XL1S mini DV SD cameras, with all flashback scenes shot in 8mm and only the final scene shot on hired 35mm equipment.You can do it on the cheap and by borrowing and still be succesful but even then you have to push the boat out for quality when it''s absolutely neccesary.And even then it''s down to the strength of the finished product and a whole heap of luck.For every 28 days there are literally thousands of similar projects thrown out by Hollywood Agents, the odds are very much against you even getting 5 minutes of fame on the office juniors Applemac.