Sign in to follow this  
Canary02 III

Gow in - Croft out?

SSN have put this on as a breaking story now so it''s looking like more than a rumour.

Gow was playing on the right wing for Blackpool so does that mean he''s in and Crofty''s off? I can''t imagine we''d have the two at once and keep one on the bench.

[quote user="Canary02 III"]

SSN have put this on as a breaking story now so it''s looking like more than a rumour.

Gow was playing on the right wing for Blackpool so does that mean he''s in and Crofty''s off? I can''t imagine we''d have the two at once and keep one on the bench.

[/quote]

Why not? Surely it''s what''s known as ''cover''?

Also, he can play through the middle as well so it looks like a sensible option to give us more competition in the squad.

Yes, plus sky sports are saying he is replacement for Bell not Croft!

I know he is another loan signing, but I would be very pleased if we signed him. Really impressed with him at Blackpool.

gow can also play up front , could be another option , he wanted to come here last summer , he done a good job at blackpool , im sure he knocked a few in as well .

[quote user="CT "]I''d rather have crofty [:(]

Have SSN said that Gow is coming or that Crofty is going?
[/quote]

No, nowt about Croft, just that we''re trying to get Gow on loan.

I''m just postulating off me own forts innit.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]I can''t see anything..
[/quote]

me either, I must have a different SSN channel because I have seen nothing on this all day, (Croft Gow). it would indicate that we have a few scare mungers on here

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]I can''t see anything..
[/quote]

me either, I must have a different SSN channel because I have seen nothing on this all day, (Croft Gow). it would indicate that we have a few scare mungers on here

[/quote]##

The link Flash gives above is genuine. No suggestion of Croft going, but we are definitely linked with Gow.

The SSN title is so mis-leading- ''canaries swoop for Gow'' then ''ssn understands Norwich are trying to get Gow on loan''http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11709_4881792,00.html

Apologies, my poor grammar has led some into thinking I meant more by my opening than was intended. All I meant was that the Gow story was gathering pace and that if true, would that see the end of Croft, as I didn''t think the two would play together in the same team and neither would be comfortable being sub. Apologies if anyone took this to mean that I was saying Croft was definitely off.

It is rather interesting that we are being linked with players that Gunny has clearly put forward in the past but who we haven''t gone with for one reason or another - Killen was a possibility in the past, there''s bids for Iversen and now Gow.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]It is rather interesting that we are being linked with players that Gunny has clearly put forward in the past but who we haven''t gone with for one reason or another - Killen was a possibility in the past, there''s bids for Iversen and now Gow.[/quote]

But again a loan? we''ll be a laughing stock soon.[:(]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]It is rather interesting that we are being linked with players that Gunny has clearly put forward in the past but who we haven''t gone with for one reason or another - Killen was a possibility in the past, there''s bids for Iversen and now Gow.[/quote]

[/quote]According to you, and quite a few others on here, we''re a laughing stock already. So don''t worry your little head about it.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]It is rather interesting that we are being linked with players that Gunny has clearly put forward in the past but who we haven''t gone with for one reason or another - Killen was a possibility in the past, there''s bids for Iversen and now Gow.[/quote]I got the impression, possibly from something his agent said, that either Gow asked for too much money, or Roeder didn''t like his attitude. I guess he''s had to lower his sights a little.I''m sure we did bid for Iversen and were told there was no way Rosenborg would sell in the middle of their season, despite a verbal agreeement that he could go back to the UK if an offer came in. So not that surprising that we''re back in now.

Very interesting. At least it sounds like Gunny is trying to make things happen and freshen us up.

I would welcome Gow although I''m not sure I''ve ever seen him play I don''t think.

[quote user="Freeza"]Very interesting. At least it sounds like Gunny is trying to make things happen and freshen us up. I would welcome Gow although I''m not sure I''ve ever seen him play I don''t think.[/quote]

Me too, but we desperately need a centre back as well!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Yes another loan and I am not happy with loans all the time.  But surely mate the thing that counts is getting the bodies in to stop us being relegated?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Yes another loan and I am not happy with loans all the time.  But surely mate the thing that counts is getting the bodies in to stop us being relegated?

[/quote]Exactly

Gow is a striker, not an out and out striker but somebody who likes to drop off and link play, he can play wide but you won''t see the best of him. A good addition if his spell at Blackpool is anything to go by, Wolves wouldn''t have tried to sign him if he wasn''t a good player at this level

Does that mean we can play ALL our loans at once, i know its 5 max in a match day squad, but as said earlier Killen, Gow and of course Lupoli come from different FA''s so class as transfers not loans by the rules i believe???. With Only 4 domestic loans in the squad now will we see, Omuzusi, Bertrand, Ground, Carney, Gow, Killen & Lupoli in the same side?,

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, but we will pay the price for such short termism.  Anyone looking forward to another season like this one?