Sign in to follow this  
City 2nd

croft

Reports in various media elements today.....Billy Davies has made a £400,000 bid for Norwich winger Lee Croft (BBC etc)Today we will know what we have and haven''t!

The direction that both clubs are going in.

Higher wages

He''s out of contract in a few months and we don''t know what he''s been offered.

I just hope we stay strong and turn their next bid down and make Crofty a comparible offer.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]

Higher wages

He''s out of contract in a few months and we don''t know what he''s been offered.

I just hope we stay strong and turn their next bid down and make Crofty a comparible offer.

[/quote]

So, did Clingan take a wage cut to play for us? Give us the facts before spouting rumour...

yep - its bye, bye crofty...bet his agent got an idea of what city would offer crofty in the summer off gunny - and then rang a few ''interested'' clubs up...but lets face it - thats been crofty''s plan all along...''if'' and its a big ''if'' knowing NCFC - this money is invested in say iversen and a proper man of a CB by end of today, then great...so cheers mate - chow...[;)]

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]

Higher wages

[/quote]

So, did Clingan take a wage cut to play for us? Give us the facts before spouting rumour...

[/quote]

It not a rumour. I didn''t say any of the above were facts - how could they be, I''m not party to any of the discussions just as you''re not. They were simply examples of what might persuade him to go.

I take your point about Clingan but add a point of caution. Didn''t Sammy come to us near the end of his contract? That gives the buying club a strong advantage because any fee that would have gone to the player''s club could be used as a signing on fee instead. Same situation for Croft?

I wouldn''t want Crofty to go anywhere. He''s one of the few players we have who loves this club, plays with his heart on his sleeve and runs his little legs off. I would hope he wouldn''t want to go.

This is what is on the website about croft and west brom

Skysports.com understands that a host of clubs are tracking Norwich winger Lee Croft ahead of the January transfer window.

Croft is out of contract at the end of the season and Premier League strugglers West Brom are thought to have targeted the 23-year-old as a possible New Year reinforcement.

Championship promotion-hopefuls Birmingham and Wolves are also reported to be keeping tabs on Croft and could consider making an offer when the transfer window re-opens.

Blackburn and Preston are among a number of other clubs which have been connected with the former Manchester City player, who scored in Sunday''s victory over rivals Ipswich.

Croft joined Norwich in 2006 when the Canaries paid City £700,000 for his services

[quote user="NCFC1"]According to Sky West Brom have made a bid for croft as well[/quote]Go and get back in your box. Please. [:)]

[quote user="NCFC1"]According to Sky West Brom have made a bid for croft as well[/quote]

Well if he is going to go then we may as well have a sodding great big bidding war!