Sign in to follow this  
Jonzey

PLEASE don't sign Scowcroft, Worthy

This is a personal plea from myself to Nigel Worthington:

Please don''t sign Scowcroft. He''s average and certainly not better than any of our current strikers. There are MANY better options.

Thank you,
Jonzey.

p.s, well done on all the other signings this summer. All spot on.

Dear Jonzey,

Nigel''s not available at the moment as he''s showing a nice young chap around Colney who''s driven all the way up from Leicester so he couldn''t let him down. I''ll tell him you wrote when he gets back although he''s going straight out with Thomas to The Murderer''s I believe.

Yours Mrs. Worthington

Damn! It could have been a bloke who''d driven all the way from the south coast! I shall have to keep everything crossed for another day at least, then. Thanks for the news, Mrs. W. What''s Nigel having for dinner tonight, I wonder? Danish crispbread would go down well, I think!

I reckon you''re on commission Vince! Do they pay in beer or hard cash?

Really super pub though - I''d recommend it.

PS (Mine''s a Boddies)

Plus, even if he is any good, I can''t help but think of him as an ex-Ipswich player, and it might be difficult to cheer someone I''ve always booed. Its not like he didn''t do well there, he came through their youth system and was a good player for them. His scoring record isn''t even that great either so he''d really have to pull the stops out to be accepted here....

Hmmmm.

i second your pleas jonzey, but somehow i don''t think worthy is either that stupid, nor are we that desperate

maybe he will return home to ipswich lol

Please, Please sign Scowcroft Worthy!. OK, I like the guy, sorry. but I do. He''s played at the highest level, he''s strong and quite quick. He also holds the ball up well, which City need.

I know he played for THEM once. but hey, no ones perfect. And I can''t be bothered with this juvenile practice of hating EX Scumbo players. Anyone who did boo him, are really booing Nigel, in a retrospective way, if you think about it.

Keep your powder dry, and trust in Nigel!.

Yeah I agree with you Wiz. At the end of the day all footballers have played for at least two clubs and some more than that. If we only went after players that had played for certain clubs we would not get anyone and blimey he has played for Leicester since Ipswich so what is the problem. I find it quite childish that certain fans are saying dont sign him cos he played for Ipswich. If he is good then who bloody cares as long as he does a job for us.

Dear Worthy,

Please sign whichever players you think are going to do the very best they can to keep us in the Premiership.

Keep up the good work,

Regards,
Susie

P.S. Are you worried that Mr. Helveg will become distracted from his football by all the modelling work he does? I''m not. I think he will show Mr. Beckham the way to go!!!

Not often I agree with you first Wiz, but you,re spot on this time, his attitude and movement from behind the front men are worthy of an investment, he also will work hard and chase back and as you say can hold on to the ball. Personally I,d trade him for Mullers any time. OTBC!!!!