Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

confidence or wing and a prayer???

i know there''s still time to pull a rabbit out of the hat - but so far i can''t say i''m confident we''ve got a squad that can keep us up...we''ve got cort, curo, killen, gow and maccy d as our 5 strikers...

is there 10 goals/assist between this lot...

cort is not able to give 90 mins...

after his barnsley scoring exploits - jamie looks back to his barndoor ways...

killen - has past form, but in scottish leagues - been injured and out

of the side - he could do the biz like bednar did for brum last term

and cardiff chappy is doing this season - but equally - he could bomb...

gow - doing the biz at blackpool - imo he should be capable of weighing in with 3/4 goals...

maccy d - this young non league hopeful could be a hit or miss...

with bell gone - we''re down to crofty and hooley on the wings, and

rusty in midfield to create and score another 5 goals plus between

them...

and thats if we can keep clean sheets/defend leads to gain the points we need...

sorry folks - i''m looking at a gamble by the legends to keep us up - nothing more, nothing less...

i hope they all prove to be hits and we keep up - but thats all i have at the minute - hope not confidence...

who''s really confident we can stay up???

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]i know there''s still time to pull a rabbit out of the hat - but so far i can''t say i''m confident we''ve got a squad that can keep us up...

we''ve got cort, curo, killen, gow and maccy d as our 5 strikers...

is there 10 goals/assist between this lot...

cort is not able to give 90 mins...
after his barnsley scoring exploits - jamie looks back to his barndoor ways...
killen - has past form, but in scottish leagues - been injured and out of the side - he could do the biz like bednar did for brum last term and cardiff chappy is doing this season - but equally - he could bomb...
gow - doing the biz at blackpool - imo he should be capable of weighing in with 3/4 goals...
maccy d - this young non league hopeful could be a hit or miss...

with bell gone - we''re down to crofty and hooley on the wings, and rusty in midfield to create and score another 5 goals plus between them...

and thats if we can keep clean sheets/defend leads to gain the points we need...

sorry folks - i''m looking at a gamble by the legends to keep us up - nothing more, nothing less...

i hope they all prove to be hits and we keep up - but thats all i have at the minute - hope not confidence...

who''s really confident we can stay up???
[/quote]

Well that''s the pot half empty view.Personally I think we will now have a decent run and end mid table.

The Roeder influence is rapidly being got rid of. The smoking Gunn in the hand of a Crook is the evidence[;)]

Well, we can''t complain that we''ve been static in the window. There''s been plenty of calls on this board for us to take a punt on younger talent from the lower leagues and so here we go. At least there is options here now. Both Gow and Killen have height which will help Jamie lad no end. Personally i''d have Patty on one wing and the flying Benny Hill (I swear Crofty runs like Benny Hill) with Hoolihan playing in behind a big man and Jamie. Could be good.. scrap that, needs to be good.

lol butler - let the rest of the league have both barrels then...[:P]but my glass is not half empty - i just not convinced by the quality up front, or in defence...given our league position, i believe i''ve got every right to be concerned - and regret to say - these new signings represents gambles (bar gow)...if the squad under-performs - there''s every chance we could go down,,,obviously, i hope they gell and put a good run together,,,but again, realsitically this opinion is based on hope - not confidence,,,and thats my point butter!!!

Accepted LGT with the lad Davies from Stoke coming in, should help make the defence less shakey. Also options with Fulham CB (can''t spell his name yet)

Unloaded a less than strong striker and replaced with a bit more bite. Midfield shaping nicely with options.

It is make or break and I like you hope it''s make.