Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Football firms

Teams like chelsea and milwall (there are firms for other teams I''m sure) have football firms that go around causing trouble and fighting with opposition firms.

Do Norwich have one? Or are we just too nice?[:P]

[quote user="CT "]

Teams like chelsea and milwall (there are firms for other teams I''m sure) have football firms that go around causing trouble and fighting with opposition firms.

[/quote]

Certainly used to - the City Boys.

A few centuries before that me and some of the lads used to meet at Kett''s Oak near Wymondham, go to the Murderers, have a few pints, and then mix it up

[quote user="zaytsev aka sharpshooter"][quote user="CT "]

[/quote]

NHS

[/quote]Aka ''sharpshooter''? The same ''sharp shooter'' who sent me a PM calling me a bell-end?

We have idiots that like to fight just like anyone else.For what it''s worth I have been told ours (I use this term loosely) are respected and should not be underestimated.Thankfully this darker side of football is not as popular as it once was.I only wish people would stop posting about this concentrate on the football and not give these people that bought english football into the gutters and publicity at all.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="zaytsev aka sharpshooter"][quote user="CT "]

[/quote]

NHS

[/quote]
Aka ''sharpshooter''? The same ''sharp shooter'' who sent me a PM calling me a bell-end?
[/quote]

no not that im aware of!?

[quote user="CT "]

[/quote]I think you have got this all wrong?!!For a start those clubs do not "have" firms. There are simply thugs that like nothing better than a brawl who see football as an oppertunity to do it.I think every club used to have such people hang around them some do not seem to have shaken off their reputions whilst others maintain them through acts of sheer sillyness. Top five:- Millwal- Cardiff- Leeds- Hull- ChelseaHowever I would like to highlight that these have declined in recent years. I did happen to chance upon a ton of Police ejecting the contents of a pub in north London a couple of years ago, the majority of who were skin head Chelsea thugs. What made it really bizarre was that there were so many of them in such a small pub on a busy main road in north London when the match was being played at Stamford Bridge??!! Not that it makes sense.And as for not talking about it - surely that is what they want? Secrecy and anonimity?Does anybody else remember the Millwall game a couple of years ago, I think against Leeds, when the "thugs" turned on each other and started fighting in the residential streets around the ground. They ended up causing the death of several police horses and serious injury to police officers. They destroyed brick walls to get bricks to use as missiles . . . . Wiki: "

A former Chairman of the club, Reg Burr, once commented; "Millwall

are a convenient coat peg for football to hang its social ills on."[7]

Having said this, hooligans attaching themselves to Millwall were

involved in a riot away from the ground, after a play off game against Birmingham City in May 2002, which was described by the BBC as one of the worst cases of civil disorder seen in Great Britain in the recent past. A Scotland Yard

spokeswoman said that 47 policemen and 24 police horses were injured,

and the Metropolitan Police considered suing Millwall after the events."BBC: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2038676.stmThere was also that undercover programme on TV a few seasons ago about the head of the thugs at Cardiff who was a shareholder and on some occaisions incuraged by their chairman at the time - Sam Hamaam.

[quote user="Sing up the river end "]We have idiots that like to fight just like anyone else.For what it''s worth I have been told ours (I use this term loosely) are respected and should not be underestimated.

Thankfully this darker side of football is not as popular as it once was.

I only wish people would stop posting about this concentrate on the football and not give these people that bought english football into the gutters and publicity at all.
[/quote]

[quote user="chicken"]

I think you have got this all wrong?!!

For a start those clubs do not "have" firms. There are simply thugs that like nothing better than a brawl who see football as an oppertunity to do it.

I think every club used to have such people hang around them some do not seem to have shaken off their reputions whilst others maintain them through acts of sheer sillyness. Top five:

- Millwal
- Cardiff
- Leeds
- Hull
- Chelsea

However I would like to highlight that these have declined in recent years. I did happen to chance upon a ton of Police ejecting the contents of a pub in north London a couple of years ago, the majority of who were skin head Chelsea thugs. What made it really bizarre was that there were so many of them in such a small pub on a busy main road in north London when the match was being played at Stamford Bridge??!! Not that it makes sense.

And as for not talking about it - surely that is what they want? Secrecy and anonimity?

Does anybody else remember the Millwall game a couple of years ago, I think against Leeds, when the "thugs" turned on each other and started fighting in the residential streets around the ground. They ended up causing the death of several police horses and serious injury to police officers. They destroyed brick walls to get bricks to use as missiles . . . .

Wiki: "

A former Chairman of the club, Reg Burr, once commented; "Millwall are a convenient coat peg for football to hang its social ills on."[7]

Having said this, hooligans attaching themselves to Millwall were involved in a riot away from the ground, after a play off game against Birmingham City in May 2002, which was described by the BBC as one of the worst cases of civil disorder seen in Great Britain in the recent past. A Scotland Yard spokeswoman said that 47 policemen and 24 police horses were injured, and the Metropolitan Police considered suing Millwall after the events."

BBC: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2038676.stm

There was also that undercover programme on TV a few seasons ago about the head of the thugs at Cardiff who was a shareholder and on some occaisions incuraged by their chairman at the time - Sam Hamaam.
[/quote]

You see, I am glad people post stuff like this.

I admit that I am a new fan, not only to Norwich (4 years, due to my in-laws, and much bonding with my father-in-law), but to the culture of British football. Personally, I love hearing about these stories, not as a glorification of the actions, but as a history lesson, and how passionate some people take this game I now love.

I don''t condone the violence that happened in these times, in the same way that I didn''t condone WWII (hard analogy I know!), but that doesn''t mean I don''t like reading about it and educating myself about the dark days of history.

Just as long as it is the past, and we have learnt from mistakes of others.

This board is part of my NCFC education, and posts like this is part of the reason I''m here.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="CT "]

[/quote]

I think you have got this all wrong?!!

For a start those clubs do not "have" firms. There are simply thugs that like nothing better than a brawl who see football as an oppertunity to do it.

I think every club used to have such people hang around them some do not seem to have shaken off their reputions whilst others maintain them through acts of sheer sillyness. Top five:

- Millwal
- Cardiff
- Leeds
- Hull
- Chelsea

However I would like to highlight that these have declined in recent years. I did happen to chance upon a ton of Police ejecting the contents of a pub in north London a couple of years ago, the majority of who were skin head Chelsea thugs. What made it really bizarre was that there were so many of them in such a small pub on a busy main road in north London when the match was being played at Stamford Bridge??!! Not that it makes sense.

And as for not talking about it - surely that is what they want? Secrecy and anonimity?

Does anybody else remember the Millwall game a couple of years ago, I think against Leeds, when the "thugs" turned on each other and started fighting in the residential streets around the ground. They ended up causing the death of several police horses and serious injury to police officers. They destroyed brick walls to get bricks to use as missiles . . . .

Wiki: "

A former Chairman of the club, Reg Burr, once commented; "Millwall are a convenient coat peg for football to hang its social ills on."[7]

Having said this, hooligans attaching themselves to Millwall were involved in a riot away from the ground, after a play off game against Birmingham City in May 2002, which was described by the BBC as one of the worst cases of civil disorder seen in Great Britain in the recent past. A Scotland Yard spokeswoman said that 47 policemen and 24 police horses were injured, and the Metropolitan Police considered suing Millwall after the events."

BBC: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2038676.stm

There was also that undercover programme on TV a few seasons ago about the head of the thugs at Cardiff who was a shareholder and on some occaisions incuraged by their chairman at the time - Sam Hamaam.
[/quote]

Hull? that''s a joke surely? Bunch of pussies wearing colours, who will swear and shout stuff at you, only if there''s a police barrier seperating them from the other fans. If not, they would do fuck.

Yes we do. Delia Smith

She''ll rough you up baaaaaad! [;)]

the nostalgic romanticising of football hooliganism started probably by the Brimsons, and a few film of the last decade, makes me want to vomit.

I''m sure there are a few Fengibbons who go to our games looking for violence..hopefully evolution will get rid of this gene over time.

Conscription is probably the answer

You see Norwich/Norfolk have always had guys in the ground, who would never look to start a fight/trouble but if it came there way, they would''nt back down, My dad was at a LEEDS game in the seventies when the away fans were in The River End, they went onto the pitch to celebrate when they tried to get back into the Quiet End they were met by a furious load of Farmers from the Cromer area,

When you get people on here posting saying there morons etc etc, they probably dont understand what it was like in those days and to a certain element now, these people who say morons prob live a high life never seen the rough side of life!!

I get sick of people making out it is acceptible to go out looking for trouble and that if you shy away from it you are a lightweight. I will always look after myself, but I go to footy for the sport and decent banter between fans, not the neanderthal behaviour. I don''t need to fit in with a little gang. These days are over, we have moved on, football can be enjoyed by civilised people nowadays. I am always quite proud of the Norwich fans, they are well humoured and normally pretty decent and react quite well to the abuse of other so called fans.

[quote user="zemas tendon"]

You see Norwich/Norfolk have always had guys in the ground, who would never look to start a fight/trouble but if it came there way, they would''nt back down, My dad was at a LEEDS game in the seventies when the away fans were in The River End, they went onto the pitch to celebrate when they tried to get back into the Quiet End they were met by a furious load of Farmers from the Cromer area,

When you get people on here posting saying there morons etc etc, they probably dont understand what it was like in those days and to a certain element now, these people who say morons prob live a high life never seen the rough side of life!!

[/quote]Seeing as I am one of those criticising them I guess I am one of those high-life people you are talking of. Whilst I would say I have seen the rough side of life I would never clame to have seen its "roughest" side considering that very few in this country would have.If you are intent in harming another there are works of life that allow it - the military for example. I do not see why anyone should think it is acceptable to go to a public place and use inappropriate and aggressive behaviour in front of young people. People don''t "shy" away from fights - they avoid them and to be quite frank - so they should. Anyone who makes a fight out of nothing is a fool - there is no other word for it.And when you talk of defending yourself it sounds like you don''t really grasp the basic concept. You defend yourself if something comes your way and you have no way of avoiding it. I know of qualified martial arts people who have stood up to an agressor and been punnished as it was not the only choice available to them and so it was not classed as "defending themselves". You see an aggressive bloke coming towards you with a broken seat as a weapon - I am not going to think twice I am going to go the exit and allow someone who likes a headache and a metal plate in their head have it if they want it.It''s nothing to do with what level of society you are in - infact it is a myth that during the ''80''s that all of these hooligans were poor working class men. It has been found since that many ringleaders were involved in organised crime, were wealthy as a result and some even came from high class backgrounds - private school educations etc.

I deal with these thugs on a weekly basis....although mainly only London Clubs...and its safe to say that the most active thug group and well respected in the moron world is a group of QPR fans known as QPR Youth!!

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]Have you not heard of the Pinkun Mob then?[/quote]Shhh . . . don''t tell him about the "Wizzards" gawd all kinds of eeeeeeeeeeerie things could ''appen. Good old bob lost his pet tortoice the other week to that lot, they said he looked at em in a meeeean way and that he ''ad it comin'' . . . . .

Just a load of insecure, knuckle-dragging men, hanging around with their mates (who they secretly idolise / have a crush on), safe in the "pack" mentality, thinking they''re doing something daring. How very macho. Outdated, embarrassing and pointless.

Honestly, what''s wrong with some people.  Thugs are thugs.  They''re not folk heroes, hitting someone over the head with a chair / bottle / masonry is not glamourous, it''s criminal and stupid.  Wearing colours while you do so makes you even more stupid, as you''re easy to spot, especially these days with a camera every 5 yards.  You may as well wave a massive placquard above your head saying "I''m a moron, please cart me away to the nearest prison shower where I will try not to drop the soap."If you want to have a drink and a fight, go and play rugby.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="TheCanaryFan"]Have you not heard of the Pinkun Mob then?[/quote]

Shhh . . . don''t tell him about the "Wizzards" gawd all kinds of eeeeeeeeeeerie things could ''appen. Good old bob lost his pet tortoice the other week to that lot, they said he looked at em in a meeeean way and that he ''ad it comin'' . . . . .
[/quote]

I ''eard that they get up to all kinds of crazy shenanigan ''em lot. Drinking from open beer cans in broad daylight, pinchin garden knomes from peoples portches. They''re a bleedin disgrace to all things Naarfolk those buggas..........

[quote user="Sing up the river end "]We have idiots that like to fight just like anyone else.For what it''s worth I have been told ours (I use this term loosely) are respected and should not be underestimated.Thankfully this darker side of football is not as popular as it once was.I only wish people would stop posting about this concentrate on the football and not give these people that bought english football into the gutters and publicity at all.[/quote]It''s good that people post & talk about the dark past of football, the general feeling of this thread is condemning hooliganism better young fans read about and adopt this view point than end up getting involved with the thugs who think violence is acceptable. On another note whilst i obviously disagree with violence & aggression in football i do feel that many fans are too nice nowadays and that has taken some of the atmosphere away from football. 

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Sorry lad, but asking ''are we just too nice'' to have a hooligan Firm is a pretty ridiculous and childish question...
[/quote]

Remember that this is CT - an excitable 14 year old.   He is entitled to be ridiculous and childish - and often is!!!!

Hooliganism is stupid full-stop. But I still don''t see why England gets such a bad rep from the rest of the world - FIFA and Sepp ''I''m a c***'' Blatter in particular.

I''ve only ever felt intimidated around a ground twice in my entire life - funnily enough when we were playing Millwall and Birmingham - and as far as I''m aware, the very small minority of hooligans who ''support'' English teams meet in pre-arranged areas to scrap it out out of the public eye.

The ultras in Italy, the hooligans in Turkey and in Argentina are a thousand times worse than us. Referees and players attacked, opposition cars set alight, flares thrown onto the pitch and into the stands, team buses attacked etc. It''s like the racist chanting in Spain.

And no, I am in no way condoning hooligan behaviour in this country.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Sorry lad, but asking ''are we just too nice'' to have a hooligan Firm is a pretty ridiculous and childish question...
[/quote]

Remember that this is CT - an excitable 14 year old.   He is entitled to be ridiculous and childish - and often is!!!!

[/quote]

ffs. i only asked if we have a hooligan firm because I''d never heard of us having one and I was just interested.

I''m 17 BTW and if i want to be childish then I will be[:S]