Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

If Croft goes...

I shall be furious. We finally start to get a player giving his all, someone who actually belongs to the club and could become a fan''s favourite, and they sell him.

I am SO SO fed up of the speed with which the players come and go, we need faces in and not out. And we need to replace loans with signings, then build with stability.

How can we move forward with so much change? It is detrimental to the club I am certain of it.

Look at the successful sides and you find stability. We have no established core and it shows. How many faces since promotion? Too many for me to care much about any of them. Time was when we kept players and, if they did move on, I enjoyed charting their progress elsewhere. (they still felt like one of ours) No longer.

Oh and I know Croft is still here...but I do not expect him to be here tomorrow and that is the point. 

To be fair, hes not a good player, just enjoying a good run of form.Think back to a few years back, he was dire and couldnt get in our team.. now hes out ''''best player''''. Same with Doherty.

[quote user="urdie_Canary"]To be fair, hes not a good player, just enjoying a good run of form.Think back to a few years back, he was dire and couldnt get in our team.. now hes out ''''best player''''. Same with Doherty.[/quote]Maybe, just maybe he''s actually improved as a player?

I do think that a lot of our supporters seem to let their judgement be ruled by his effort/work rate (undoubted) rather than ability (still not sure about even after all these years), but I would rather like to see if/how his passing and delivery improves under the tutelage of Chippy.  Would be a shame to see him go, and I doubt that he will, but he is not irreplaceable.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I do think that a lot of our supporters seem to let their judgement be ruled by his effort/work rate (undoubted) rather than ability (still not sure about even after all these years), but I would rather like to see if/how his passing and delivery improves under the tutelage of Chippy.  Would be a shame to see him go, and I doubt that he will, but he is not irreplaceable.[/quote]

Totally agree with this. If Crofty could even put a decent cross every three/four attempts, he''d be absolutely essential. But the fact is he can''t - and if the right offer comes by, I''d take it.

I would happily see him go for a decent centre back. If we have finally got a reasonable target, someone that can cross becomes even more important!

croft is one of roeders few successes his fitness and  all round performance improved a lot under the sinister one..before then i thought he was rubbish [:D]

[quote user="Big Dave"]Forest made a cheeky £400000 offer for him today that has been rejected :)[/quote]

Fair enough but at the end of the day it will be up to Croft. If he tells us he won''t sign the new contract we''ve offered him then he would walk for nothing at the end of the season. That could force our arm and the extra few 100k would go to Croft as a signing on fee. Fingers crossed we offer him a comparable deal and he stays put.

[quote user="Big Dave"]Forest made a cheeky £400000 offer for him today that has been rejected :)[/quote]How do you know?

Thankyou lord!! Crofty is staying!!!!!!! He will defo sign a new contract in next few weeks and get in!! I CANT WAIT TILL SATURDAY!!!!