Sign in to follow this  
HOCKEYMYHERO

BRYAN HAS IMPRESSED ME TODAY .

We are signing players [ or at least trying to ] at an alarming rate and yes i know its before the deadline or not at all .

Carney is a good player as is Killen at this level , Gow has proved himself at Blackpool and as long as he stays fit should be a useful squad player as he can play forward or midfield , Iversen will he won'' he join i hope he does and then young McDonald untried but lets hope Gunny has discovered a real jem .

This only leaves the troubled central defence to address with at least one possibly two hopefully on their way in [ Taylor would be a great start with perhaps young Bruce ]  we can all dream ? 

The strikers coming in are great, but, unless we get atleast one CB, we''re still going to struggle. We always seem to score, so attack isn''t the main problem. It''s the stupid goals we concede that is. We need a leader at the back.

[quote user="HOCKEYMYHERO"]

We are signing players [ or at least trying to ] at an alarming rate and yes i know its before the deadline or not at all .

Carney is a good player as is Killen at this level , Gow has proved himself at Blackpool and as long as he stays fit should be a useful squad player as he can play forward or midfield , Iversen will he won'' he join i hope he does and then young McDonald untried but lets hope Gunny has discovered a real jem .

This only leaves the troubled central defence to address with at least one possibly two hopefully on their way in [ Taylor would be a great start with perhaps young Bruce ]  we can all dream ? 

[/quote]

Very true!

Although drawing at Donny on Friday was probably more than we''d of done there if Adolf Roeder was still in charge, I left the game very worried about the teams chances cause the quality was obviously lacking!

I''m glad Gunn can see this as well and is trying to do something about it!

[quote user="HOCKEYMYHERO"]

[/quote]Killen isn''t proven at this level? [:S]

lets keep focused - will our strikers score/assist 10 goals between them,,,and will our defence keep clean sheets/defend a lead???a flurry of signings count for jack unless they have the ability together with their new team-mates to keep us clear of the bottom 3...so with 1 day left in this tranny window - who''s confident we''ve got a team capable of avoiding the drop???

Some fans on here are so negative and yes we need the central defence area strengthened but i am sure Gunny can see this and is doing what he can to put this right .

Maybe some of the signings will fail to impress but the main thing i.m.h.o is they are all hungry players and that''s what we need [ and before some idiot says well feed them ] players who have something to prove and the will to win .

On the down side i still fear a sale to even out the figures financially but i hope i am wrong [ it may be the only way we can get the defence area addressed ]

I have just put a post up.  I have just heard that we are trying to sign Anthony Gerrard from Walsall, centre back, 6ft 2.  Was at Everton until he got released then joined walsall.  There is no solid evidence at the minute that I know of so don''t get too excited. 

[quote user="HOCKEYMYHERO"]Today ,   and  i am impressed with  all  Gunnys transactions so far he might just be cut out for this managment lark ?[/quote]

He had been head of recruitment for a while before becoming manager, so id expect him to make a few good signings. Im yet to decide on his managerial capabilities...