Sign in to follow this  
Herb

Can we just get behind the team now?

That''s our lot for this season, give or take an emergency loan ot two to cover injuries.Gunn and his team have got some numbers in, all the areas we needed strengthening have been addressed to one degree or another. OK, several are unknown quantities, but I''d rather be in the situation we''re in now than be left with what we had going into the transfer window.We haven''t lost anyone of note bar Lupoli who didn''t look part of the team in the last couple of appearances. Croft is still here and I''m quietly confident he''ll put pen to paper once he''s happy in his own mind we''re not going down.So that is where we are, these players have likely got what it takes to keep us up IF we get behind them.As supporters the ball is in our court. We cannot afford to be griping moaning and squabbling on matchdays inside Carrow Road. The time for that is afterwards in the pub and outside the ground should the worst happen at the end of the season.Until then we have a responsibility as fans to give the team unconditional support from now till May.Anything else is frankly madness given the position we find ourselves in.We can all play a part in this, lets just roll our sleeves up and get on with it.Y''army!

Spot on Herb, but it won''t stop the professional malcontents pursuing their own agendas. I''ve never seen so many players written off before they''ve even donned the yellow and green as I have on here today. Its sad, but some people are so keen to have a pop at their target of choice that they forget that they''re supposed to be supporting a team.

But most of the "professional malcontents" never go to Carrow Road anyway so they don''t really matter. The fans will get behind the team, support at Doncaster was pretty good for most of the game.

Great post Herb! I think Gunny''s done well with little funds. Hopefully we can try to keep this little run going and do the unthinkable at Wolves? It''s not completely out of the realms of possibility! Is it?  [:D]

[quote user="jbghost"]But most of the "professional malcontents" never go to Carrow Road anyway so they don''t really matter. The fans will get behind the team, support at Doncaster was pretty good for most of the game.[/quote]That''s true but away fans are a different breed, against Southampton the support was very quiet once they pulled it back to 2-2. That was when we needed to up the volume and silence the Saints fans (who lets face it numbered about 250)There seems to be an element who don''t have the stomach for the fight at the moment. They need to sort their heads out, cos a fight is what we''re in and everyone can make a difference.

[quote user="Herb"]That''s our lot for this season, give or take an emergency loan ot two to cover injuries.
Gunn and his team have got some numbers in, all the areas we needed strengthening have been addressed to one degree or another. OK, several are unknown quantities, but I''d rather be in the situation we''re in now than be left with what we had going into the transfer window.

We haven''t lost anyone of note bar Lupoli who didn''t look part of the team in the last couple of appearances. Croft is still here and I''m quietly confident he''ll put pen to paper once he''s happy in his own mind we''re not going down.

So that is where we are, these players have likely got what it takes to keep us up IF we get behind them.
As supporters the ball is in our court. We cannot afford to be griping moaning and squabbling on matchdays inside Carrow Road. The time for that is afterwards in the pub and outside the ground should the worst happen at the end of the season.

Until then we have a responsibility as fans to give the team unconditional support from now till May.
Anything else is frankly madness given the position we find ourselves in.
We can all play a part in this, lets just roll our sleeves up and get on with it.

Y''army!

[/quote]

Good post, ive been fully behind them since they got rid of Roeder.