Sign in to follow this  
Hellesdon Canary

Change In Formation?

Now we have a few options in the squad after a decent deadline day, we need to fit our best players into a formation which suits them. Although Gunn will probably play almost the same team as the last few games, which he is right to do after a three match unbeaten run; I would like to see how the players react to this sort of formation:

Marshall

Leijer   Doherty   Grounds   Bertrand

Clingan   Russell

Croft     Gow     Hoolahan

Killen

It may be slightly expansive for a relegation battle, but this is the only way I could think of fitting the improving Hoolahan and all the new signings into one team. I would like to see Leijer at right-back for Otsemobor because of hi rcent dip in form. The only other problem I can see with this formation is the lack of goals, but with Mcdonald on the bench you never know ;)

Thoughts?

Im actually liking the look of that line up, dont know if its what were going to play but i think it looks good and i dont honestly believe there would be a lack of goals !

Do like the look of this formation but there are a couple of points for me, wouldn''t want hoolahan to be restricted to the left and with Berty not in his best form Rusty not a natural lefty and the not to tough tackling Hoola down one side may be a frail area.So i can see a few more paddys from Hoola as he interchanges with Patty & Carney.Does look an excitng prospect for the Bristol match.Will add that not so sure that the Davies deal is dead, press etc released strong links to this player joining us on loan and with loan deals being able to take place after the window closes may see one late entrance. 

[quote user="Cartoon Head"]thats basically a 4-4-2 with Gow playing off Killen[/quote]yep, 4-4-2 with gow or hooley in the hole would do for me,,,none of these fancy bs formations please - keep it simple legends - we need good displays and points on the board, make no mistake...

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Cartoon Head"]thats basically a 4-4-2 with Gow playing off Killen[/quote]

yep, 4-4-2 with gow or hooley in the hole would do for me,,,

none of these fancy bs formations please - keep it simple legends - we need good displays and points on the board, make no mistake...
[/quote]

Take the point about the 4-4-2, but I was just trying to show how the formation would actually play in-game.

But no need to shoot me down for making a suggestion was there...?

[quote user="H3LL Canary"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Cartoon Head"]thats basically a 4-4-2 with Gow playing off Killen[/quote]

yep, 4-4-2 with gow or hooley in the hole would do for me,,,

none of these fancy bs formations please - keep it simple legends - we need good displays and points on the board, make no mistake...
[/quote]

Take the point about the 4-4-2, but I was just trying to show how the formation would actually play in-game.

But no need to shoot me down for making a suggestion was there...?

[/quote]

i haven''t shot you down, simply said thats a 4-4-2 with 2 wingers and a striker playing off of another.

I like this alot, I don''t think it plays like a 4-4-2 as you would expect the front 4 to get forward more with Sammy and Russell keeping it safe behind them.

It''s almost a 4-2-4 going forward and a 4-5-1 when defending

Would like to see it in action.

i see your point about it giving the likes of Crofty and Wes more freedom but it prevents Clingan and Russell from getting forward and supporting the attack as well as getting into the box like you need your central midfielders to do

[quote user="H3LL Canary"]

Now we have a few options in the squad after a decent deadline day, we need to fit our best players into a formation which suits them. Although Gunn will probably play almost the same team as the last few games, which he is right to do after a three match unbeaten run; I would like to see how the players react to this sort of formation:

Marshall

Leijer   Doherty   Grounds   Bertrand

Clingan   Russell

Croft     Gow     Hoolahan

Killen

It may be slightly expansive for a relegation battle, but this is the only way I could think of fitting the improving Hoolahan and all the new signings into one team. I would like to see Leijer at right-back for Otsemobor because of hi rcent dip in form. The only other problem I can see with this formation is the lack of goals, but with Mcdonald on the bench you never know ;)

Thoughts?

[/quote]

I like the 4-2-3-1 formation, but I don''t think that Killen will play in the starting XI. At Celtic he hugely disappointed, at Glasgow the fans celebrated his move, and he isn''t good enough even for the championship, I''m afraid.

And don''t you see Fotheringham in the squad?

http://www.italiancanaries.tk/

[quote user="H3LL Canary"]Sorry Cartoon Head, I wasn''t actually speaking to you, that comment was aimed at LGT. I can see why you thought I meant you though..[:$][/quote]well you did ask for peoples thoughts,,, and i gave mine...i didn''t think i threw a brick into your skating pond - but apologies if it came over that way!!!

[quote user="Cartoon Head"]thats basically a 4-4-2 with Gow playing off Killen[/quote]No it''s not.It''s a 4-2-3-1 with three attacking midfielders playing off Killen with license to shift positions. If it was a 4-4-2 it would be asking Hoolahan to stay wide left which is blatantly not playing to his strengths. This formation also alllows Croft to come inside more which might make the most of the fact that a) he does occasionally have a decent shot on him and b) his crossing is pretty poor for a right winger.The only problem I can see is that we would be sacrificing width at a time when we have just brought in a couple of players (Killen and Gow) who are supposedly half decent in the air. In a 4-2-3-1 you need your full backs to get up and down to stop the opposition having an easy ride on the flanks. Bertrand looked capable of this last season but has failed to impress this time around and Leijer is a centre back first and formost so we don''t know what he''s like going forward.