Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

We needed permanants

After all the chopping and changing of recent seasons we need to be building a new team to gel and stick together.

Clingan et al were good in the summer

we then needed to bolt a few more on in Jan and then again in summer- and the loan circle would have been broken...but no it is back to loan loan loan loan

It really is getting a bit silly. We want Norwich players playing for Norwich and a bit of stability surely. Would a school flourish if more than half the teachers were supply? I think not- for none would have the long term interests at heart. THis must translate to footy too

it could be that they know that relegation is a real possibility and dont want to end up with players on long deals and on championship wages. My hope is that we have some sort of first option at the end of the season if we stay up.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

No, we need to stay in this division. To do that, we needed multiple reinforcements - we can''t afford to buy in that number.

[/quote]

Absolutely. 

And with this bunch we have several who will quite probably be looking at playing for a new contract with us - unlike most of those that Roeder got, of whom he said "we have no chance of signing" - it is those we perhaps should avoid in future unless they really are good. 

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

No, we need to stay in this division. To do that, we needed multiple reinforcements - we can''t afford to buy in that number.

[/quote]AND who in their right mind would commit to a club that isn''t garenteed safety? (Cody aside of course)

its all about staying up this season. The loans will keep us up then we can rebuild for next season, the money then can be spent in the summer on making a top half of the table team for next year.

[quote user="NCFC1"]its all about staying up this season. The loans will keep us up then we can rebuild for next season, the money then can be spent in the summer on making a top half of the table team for next year.[/quote]Isn''t this just exactly what people were saying exactly 12 months ago though?

I am sick of the whole loan situation, If Gow etc... play well? Their price inflates drastically and we cant afford them! These players would be cheap now! If we had any intention of signing them long term, believing them to be top class championship players we would offer them a contract now. They are a stop gap again, a decent permanent player has been downgraded money wise to provide funds for loans in another desperate attempt to keep us up. Given our fan base and the fact we hardly spent a fortune in the Premiership. I am amazed and angry as to how it has come to this? We have gone from:                                                       Green-MarshallEddie/Helveg-Otsemobor  Flem/Doc                       Shackell/Malky-?                  Drury-?

Johansson-Croft/Pattison    Francis-Etuhu-Clingan   Holt/Mulryne/Safri-Russel    Huckerby-Hoolahan

Ashton-Earnshaw-Cureton       Svensson/Mckenzie-Macdonald I was firmly in the Worthy out camp, he stated that players like Helveg, Johansson, svensson were part of a long term plan for our club. He then shipped them off as soon as we were relegated and brought in downgraded replacements. Those 3 players did not move on to better their careers and I firmly believe we could have gone straight back with them onboard? Instead he brought in championship journeymen and we failed miserably. Look at Reading and Birmingham have players like McFadden, Doyle, Hunt, left them as soon as they have gone down NO! Even the likes of McSheffrey hang around when not getting in the team. This is why these clubs bounce back because they keep class in this league. Our board have failed managers for years with a prudent approach and I am sick to the back teeth of them. I think this transfer window has more of a look of desperation to it than ever before. I await the Macdonald is not ready yet quotes!! The future of our club has been gambled on by this board once too often. I am convinced that if we ever do return to the Prem under them they would not learn from their mistakes and we would not buy a top class striker till January like last time!! Never mind at least we now have a Macdonald and Cureton partnership to look forward to. Thanks Delia and co, But good luck Bryan, Crooky etc... you have my best wishes as you came from the best NCFC team I have seen. I truly believe more than ever before that League 1 is a possibility and that we may never recover. How Ironic that this board of spin has brought you along for this tragic ride in a final desperate attempt to keep its season ticket holders!

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="NCFC1"]its all about staying up this season. The loans will keep us up then we can rebuild for next season, the money then can be spent in the summer on making a top half of the table team for next year.[/quote]

Isn''t this just exactly what people were saying exactly 12 months ago though?
[/quote]

Precisely.

Am I the only one who gave an ironic chuckle when I realised what day it is today? . . . February 2nd - Groundhog Day . . . [:S]

[quote user="Potless Percy "]

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="NCFC1"]its all about staying up this season. The loans will keep us up then we can rebuild for next season, the money then can be spent in the summer on making a top half of the table team for next year.[/quote]Isn''t this just exactly what people were saying exactly 12 months ago though?[/quote]

Precisely.

Am I the only one who gave an ironic chuckle when I realised what day it is today? . . . February 2nd - Groundhog Day . . . [:S]

[/quote]February 2nd - Groundhog Day!I didn''t know that, fantastic coincidence....[:D]

As was said last season.FFS people wake up and smell the sh*t drifting out of carrow road.We made a profit in another transfer window, and have not invested in the long term stability of the team.How can anyone be brainless to say they are happy with that?

[quote user="NCFC1"]its all about staying up this season. The loans will keep us up then we can rebuild for next season, the money then can be spent in the summer on making a top half of the table team for next year.[/quote]

100% agree!

we have to get a side to stay in this league for this season, and build for the next!

gunny''s already said killen and gow could stay so there building for next season!

Surely everyone knows by now that January is not a good time to buy players. Prices extortionate, clubs unwilling to negotiate.  Someone has already mentioned that Clingan etc. were decent additions last summer.  2 or 3 of the same again this summer and we are starting to get somewhere.  As much as some want to ignore it, the fact is we are rebuilding and its gonna take 2/3 seasons from now before we can be properly competitive.