Sign in to follow this  
The Huckerby Delusion

Lee Croft

Just to play devils advocate for a moment. Which would you prefer, Lee Croft was sold today for £400,000-500,000 we bought a new player, maybe get relegated OR keep Crofty, he keeps us in the championship then leaves on a free in July? Now that He''s here thats great, but do we think he''s going to stay?

[quote user="The Huckerby Delusion"]Just to play devils advocate for a moment. Which would you prefer, Lee Croft was sold today for £400,000-500,000 we bought a new player, maybe get relegated OR keep Crofty, he keeps us in the championship then leaves on a free in July? Now that He''s here thats great, but do we think he''s going to stay?[/quote]I''d take the second option every time. And I speak of one of Croft''s biggest fans. He''ll stay anyway I think. I hope!

[quote user="Norfolk n Chance"]I think a lot depends on which league we play in next year. IMO this is the only reason he hasn''t signed a new contract.[/quote]At last time of asking by Archant''s finest he hadn''t been offered one if I remember correctly.Aside from that the point stands though in that I think if he were offered one now he''d have every right to play hardball in the same way the club appear to have been doing with him, at least until our championship status is assured.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="The Huckerby Delusion"]Just to play devils advocate for a moment. Which would you prefer, Lee Croft was sold today for £400,000-500,000 we bought a new player, maybe get relegated OR keep Crofty, he keeps us in the championship then leaves on a free in July? Now that He''s here thats great, but do we think he''s going to stay?[/quote]I''d take the second option every time. And I speak of one of Croft''s biggest fans. He''ll stay anyway I think. I hope![/quote]I''ll take the second option every time and I am not one of his biggest fans.Pound to a penny though that if we do stay up and he leaves for a free there will smudger or one of his drones criticising the board for not selling him!