Sign in to follow this  
O.T.B.C

team

So, with out new signings what team would you have, Just for arguments sake that they are fit and roughly on the same levels of form.

Mine would be

Marsh

Semmy, Doc, Leijer, Bertrand

Croft, Russel, Clingfilm, Carney

Killhim Gow

I imagine that it would be way too early for Cody, but then again, he could come off the bench and surprise some teams.

I''m not sure about playing Gow and Hoolahan in the same line-up, unless Gow takes Russels position.

marshallsemi           doherty      leijer          grounds

croft         clingan          russell        carney

killen        gow

Why on earth would you have Carney, who has had no league appearances and only one cup appearance this season, in the team ahead of Hoolahan, who is a man on form and slowly improving ...

[quote user="leedscanary"]Oh dear. No room in anyone''s line ups for our fantastic captain? [:O][/quote]Erm might be cause he''s suspended. [:)]

Who would seriously play Carney ahead of  Hooly? Maybe Glen Roeder but thats about the only person i know thats bloody stupid enough. I like the other loans, but when a guy who can''t even play one league game for a fellow champ team comes in he should be no more than back up to a player thats been performing well of late.

Also its shocking that Otsemobor now has no competition at RB, the guy is quick but other than that isn''t all that great and even though omozusi wasn''t fantastic either surely he was better. I think now we will see lazyness and complacency set in as who could really challenge him for his place.

Seems a bit strange to me that we''ve got 4 left back''s (Drury, Grounds, Bertrand and Carney) and 1 right back (Otsemobor). I feel a couple of emergency loans coming on...

Carney is a good playerhe has played 2nd fiddle to webber who has been brilliantand his face dont fit with blackwellhoolihan has 2 good games and suddenly the sun shines out of his arse.he was crap v donny.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="leedscanary"]Oh dear. No room in anyone''s line ups for our fantastic captain? [:O][/quote]
Erm might be cause he''s suspended. [:)]
[/quote]

Nowhere in thread does it mention "Team for Tuesday night" or his he suspended for the whole season? [:)]

hoolahans quality! what sort of manager brings in a flambuoyent playmaker and then ties him to the left wing? (rodent).  he''s lethel when he drifts pure class!

Missing in action wrote:

Carney is a good player
he has played 2nd fiddle to webber who has been brilliant
and his face dont fit with blackwell
hoolihan has 2 good games and suddenly the sun shines out of his arse.
he was crap v donny.

if you think he can only have 2 good games and then be sh!te, you obviously didn''t pay attention to how well he played for blackpool last season, and the fact that he wasn''t far out of the running for the team of the season behind Brian Howard. Add tothat the fact that there were about 6-7 champ clubs that wanted him in the summer, how we got him at that time i dont know.

But when he was (as were many of our players under Roeder) played out of position, how can you not notice that since his departure and he has been given a more free role playing in the hole, his performances have improved.

Hence why so many fans booed at the doncaster game wen he was taken off and canary callers mentioned as soon as he left the field we lacked the neccessary attacking prowess needed to create chances. Plus his goal against saints oozes class!

[quote user="SpanishCanary"]

Missing in action wrote:

Carney is a good playerhe has played 2nd fiddle to webber who has been brilliantand his face dont fit with blackwellhoolihan has 2 good games and suddenly the sun shines out of his arse.he was crap v donny.

if you think he can only have 2 good games and then be sh!te, you obviously didn''t pay attention to how well he played for blackpool last season, and the fact that he wasn''t far out of the running for the team of the season behind Brian Howard. Add tothat the fact that there were about 6-7 champ clubs that wanted him in the summer, how we got him at that time i dont know.

But when he was (as were many of our players under Roeder) played out of position, how can you not notice that since his departure and he has been given a more free role playing in the hole, his performances have improved.

Hence why so many fans booed at the doncaster game wen he was taken off and canary callers mentioned as soon as he left the field we lacked the neccessary attacking prowess needed to create chances. Plus his goal against saints oozes class!

[/quote]he played ok for pool last season in a poor side, in fact, he ran rings around us last season but thats not an endorsementhis performances have improved, as have most of the other players!!!!!!canary callers arent a reliable sourcei was there watching, and he was crap. he couldnt find the killer touch he is supposed to havehe has potential whereas carney is a more rounded player

Carney should not merit a place over Hoolahan in any team. It''s a shame how hoolahan was rated 14th best player in the football league last season by four four two and since joining Norwich he isn''t even nominated for this season''s list. From what I''ve been told by an Australian, Carney is fairly versatile anywhere down the left but is a one trick pony. Apparently the only reason he has got anywhere near the national team is because off australia''s distinct lack of naturally left footed players. We might as well try Lappin. Still, I havent passed my judgement on Carney yet as I havent seen him play. Hoolahan is one of the only players that has the ability to create chances/assists in our team. Carney is more of an out and out winger compared to Hoolahan who is more suited to a free role. There is no reason why they can''t be used in the same team.