Sign in to follow this  
Herb

Oh and another thing...

Last week when we played Southampton, as usual the scoreboard displayed the results from other games played that afternoon.As the Man Utd result was announced, I heard a few people around me shout "Yes!" excitedly as if that result mattered more to them than ours.What the hell are they doing coming to watch us if we''re only their second team?A word to the wise, if you don''t support us 100%, don''t bother coming please. I don''t like Man U fans at the best of times, I''m old enough to remember what they did to our ground in the late 70''s, but I especially don''t like them in the Barclay spreading their prawn sandwich mentality amongst us.Half arsed support is not what we need right now.

[quote user="Herb"]Last week when we played Southampton, as usual the scoreboard displayed the results from other games played that afternoon.As the Man Utd result was announced, I heard a few people around me shout "Yes!" excitedly as if that result mattered more to them than ours.What the hell are they doing coming to watch us if we''re only their second team?A word to the wise, if you don''t support us 100%, don''t bother coming please. I don''t like Man U fans at the best of times, I''m old enough to remember what they did to our ground in the late 70''s, but I especially don''t like them in the Barclay spreading their prawn sandwich mentality amongst us.Half arsed support is not what we need right now.

[/quote]i know what you mean herb - but its only human nature that people want to belong and also be successful...therefore you get many city fans who want a slice of prem glamour that they can''t get from carra rd - and so they have have second teams they support in the prem...these teams are likely to be largely top 4,,,so that they can bask in the status these teams bring to their supporters...on nice summer days in the city centre - you''ll see many footy tops being worn,,,sure the majority will be NCFC,,,but there will be plenty of top 4 shirts on show...how many wigan, bolton or pompy shirts do you see worn down gentlemans walk???so naturally its galling - but this kinda stuff makes people happy...ce la vie///

I''d definitely agree with you, except that unfortunately I think we need their money [:$]Here''s a positive thought: these people turn up to see Norwich when we''re in a Championship relegation scrap, but how many would still be supporting Man U after they''d finished, say, 10th in the prem for a few seasons? Not many, at a guess!

[quote user="Alan_Grey"]I''d definitely agree with you, except that unfortunately I think we need their money [:$]Here''s a positive thought: these people turn up to see Norwich when we''re in a Championship relegation scrap, but how many would still be supporting Man U after they''d finished, say, 10th in the prem for a few seasons? Not many, at a guess![/quote]A valid point but I get the feeling that sort of fan turns up for a nice day out rather than because they care and feel they have something to bring to the party.It wouldn''t be so bad if they were in the Jarrold Stand where no one would notice... (luv ya really all you lot in "the library"!)

[quote user="Herb"]Last week when we played Southampton, as usual the scoreboard displayed the results from other games played that afternoon.As the Man Utd result was announced, I heard a few people around me shout "Yes!" excitedly as if that result mattered more to them than ours.What the hell are they doing coming to watch us if we''re only their second team?A word to the wise, if you don''t support us 100%, don''t bother coming please. I don''t like Man U fans at the best of times, I''m old enough to remember what they did to our ground in the late 70''s, but I especially don''t like them in the Barclay spreading their prawn sandwich mentality amongst us.Half arsed support is not what we need right now.

[/quote]

How many years have you been living under a rock, Herb? This has been going on for years! During the seventies my schoolboy team was Leeds and so was it half the Norfolk school I attended and whenever Leeds played at Carrow Road even the River, Main and South stands were predominantly white, blue & yellow made up of locals.For the record I''ve hated Leeds for years.

[quote user="shyster"]How many years have you been living under a rock, Herb?[/quote]I know there''s always been an element of it, as you say most visible when playing the team that is the current flavour of the month.But I can honestly say last week was the first time I''ve noticed that reaction to an opposition score, at least on that scale.

to be fair some games at carrow road are so shyte  that people go and get there cup of bovril early so they can get back for the half time score anouncements  from the rest of the country   [:D]

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Alan_Grey"]I''d definitely agree with you, except that unfortunately I think we need their money [:$]Here''s a positive thought: these people turn up to see Norwich when we''re in a Championship relegation scrap, but how many would still be supporting Man U after they''d finished, say, 10th in the prem for a few seasons? Not many, at a guess![/quote]A valid point but I get the feeling that sort of fan turns up for a nice day out rather than because they care and feel they have something to bring to the party.It wouldn''t be so bad if they were in the Jarrold Stand where no one would notice... (luv ya really all you lot in "the library"!)[/quote]haha, fair enough, it makes it a little odder when they''re not in the casual areas.

[quote user="shyster"]

How many years have you been living under a rock, Herb? This has been going on for years! During the seventies my schoolboy team was Leeds and so was it half the Norfolk school I attended and whenever Leeds played at Carrow Road even the River, Main and South stands were predominantly white, blue & yellow made up of locals.For the record I''ve hated Leeds for years.[/quote]No they weren''t! nonsense!