Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Lupoli bad apple

Gunn''s comments on Waghorn''s site hint at the fact that Lupoli was a bad egg and had major attitude probs. Would explain why he wasnt always selected etc..and why he is no more. If true it was a good move

That might actually explain it then.

I was just looking at pictures of Cody McDonald and Lupoli and trying to work out what the difference is ........... other than one being a proven Championship scorer. True enough I haven''t looked at their vital stats side by side but they both look the same sort of build.

Surely if Lupoli was a bad apple though Roeder''s many, many experienced contacts would have known this, they don''t tend to become bad apples overnight!!

That maybe the case but it may also be the case that his face didn''t fit?

It certainly wasn''t because nowt to do with football ability and end product cause he produced the few times he was allowed a chance! 

But did he put the required effort in? It''s all well having the talent, but no effort and a bad attitude makes the talent worthless.

[quote user="AndyJR"]Shame - I thought he had something of the Bellamy about him.[/quote]Well we''ve already discussed his bad attitude... [;)]

I have only seem him a few times,  but heard he was quite lightweight?    maybe suited more to the skilled top flight than the rough and tumble of the championship....

Lupoli no doubt became a "bad apple" when he was dropped for the next game following his two goals that saved us from defeat away to Cardiff earlier in the season - who wouldn''t be piss*d off? He received terrible treatment from Roeder up until the latters sacking and Gunny banged the final nail in by opting for Cureton against Barnsley.It''s also obvious that a player like Lupoli fairs better up front with a Target-man (as does Cureton) but of course the inept pr*t Roeder failed to bring one in, so we will never know what Lupoli might have achieved given a consistent run of games and a decent foil to play off - he''d have likely been into double figures by now and there would''ve been no need for Lita.I sincerely hope the new boys are up to the task, because Lupoli has already proven to be and he is definitely our loss.

Mmmmm so in the transfer window we''ve lost seven assists from Bell and six goals from Lupoli. But apparently it''s OK because Bell didn''t ''get stuck in'' and Lupoli''s a ''bad apple''.Let''s hope these new boys settle in quickly and start creating and scoring.............or else we''re in deep poop [:''(]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Mmmmm so in the transfer window we''ve lost seven assists from Bell and six goals from Lupoli. But apparently it''s OK because Bell didn''t ''get stuck in'' and Lupoli''s a ''bad apple''.

Let''s hope these new boys settle in quickly and start creating and scoring.............or else we''re in deep poop [:''(]
[/quote]

Very good point. Bell was the first player we have had in a long time who could really deliver a set piece and in my view he will be greatly missed. Lupoli had a touch of magic about him and has never had a proper run in the team - at least he hasn''t gone to one of relegation rivals.

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

Very good point. Bell was the first player we have had in a long time who could really deliver a set piece and in my view he will be greatly missed.

[/quote]I agree and I think he''ll do well for coventry, but unfortunately he moved to be closer to his family and when that''s a factor there''s only so much you can do!

Agreed that Bell could put in a good cross. The trouble with Bell is that''s about all he does do. Pass the ball to him and he looks to cross from wherever he is. No pace and never takes on the full back.

Lupoli is simply lazy and will do well in a team where he doesn''t have to work hard. He is a luxury player who just wants the ball right to his feet in the area. If he has to work for the team forget it, just not interested. He will do nothing at Sheffield and will disappear off back to Italy in the summer. Sheffield fans are well pissed off at his signing.