Sign in to follow this  
Scooby

Good or bad so far? Your verdict.

hahaha well you thought that Roeder and Grant''s forays in to the transfer market looked promising too.

This has been the worst ever (even by our extremely poor standards).

Relegation is looking more likely with each passing hour.

Best you sad sheep wait up until midnight to see if we can bring another new hero in... [:$]

[quote user="ricardo"]

Nothing very exciting but in view of the fact we have little or no money I suppose its the best we can expect.

He''s signed a non-league hopeful which many have been crying out for so I guess it shows we are having a look at lower league talent. He may turn out to be another Kightly or more likely a dud, but you never know unless you give it a spin.

The others have been given a chance to earn a full time contract and we haven''t lost anyone important (Croft, Marshall) so all in all I would say its the best we can do under the circumstances.

[/quote]

The signings are even extremely poor taking in to account the fact that we have no money to spend Ricardo.

Absolute waste of money yet again bringing more of the same sub-standard shee-ite in.

If this is the best they can come up with then maybe they should keep there few pennies stashed away where they have hidden them these past few years???

I think we have done well, yes not signings that would rock the footballing worls, but I love new signings.

The difference between these and other loan signings before, Gow, Killhim, Leijer and Crney all have something to play for, a new contract with us, so they will try and make an impression on the management team.

Given that we probably had very little money I believe Gunn has done well to strengthen the attack and defence, which were the two weakest areas.  It still worries me that he has referred to some of the players as good cover, which suggests he is going to stick with  Russell, Cureton, and most worrying with Fotheringham, who Gunn quoted " has a big part to play in the future of this club".

Have you ever been happy with anything at Carrow Rd Smudger?

Gow is proven at this level and was wanted by the top team in the League until failed a medical for a full transfer, but from our point of view we''ve got him on loan and hes played nearly 20 games for Blackpool so his injury problems can''t be that bad?

Mcdonald - will be cheap and is worth a punt. Many good players have been found in the Non Leagues.

Killen - Has a tremendous scoring record for NZ and has done well for Hibs in the Scot Prem. Should be capable of doing wel in the Championship!

The Fulham defender looks a risk with his experience and knee problem but Omorzusi wasn''t that great and its worth swapping both!

Lupoli was good enough and was in my opinion treated badly at the club though NONE of us know what went on behind the scenes!

Could of been a lot worse but please tell us what better players we should of signed Smudger!

Believe me I''m far from happy with the board and the seemingly endless season after season of underperformance but I wish running football clubs was as easy as Smudger makes it out to be!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="ricardo"]

Nothing very exciting but in view of the fact we have little or no money I suppose its the best we can expect.

He''s signed a non-league hopeful which many have been crying out for so I guess it shows we are having a look at lower league talent. He may turn out to be another Kightly or more likely a dud, but you never know unless you give it a spin.

The others have been given a chance to earn a full time contract and we haven''t lost anyone important (Croft, Marshall) so all in all I would say its the best we can do under the circumstances.

[/quote]

The signings are even extremely poor taking in to account the fact that we have no money to spend Ricardo.

Absolute waste of money yet again bringing more of the same sub-standard shee-ite in.

If this is the best they can come up with then maybe they should keep there few pennies stashed away where they have hidden them these past few years???

[/quote]

I didn''t say I was over the moon with it Smudger. However I think Gunny has done the best he can with an extremely weak hand.

Without a big investment from someone, nothing is going to change and I can''t see the Cullum Cavalry riding to rescue anytime soon. I had hoped Delia and MWJ would have been gone by now but the Credit Crunch has put a different slant on things. I fancy we will see several clubs going into administration in the next few weeks.

Gunn & team have obviously done there homework and worked hard to bring new faces to the club and must be applauded,not just for bringing in the new faces but for retaining some of our more prized assets Marshy,Crofty,Clingers,Hoola.With a choice of starting strikers and an added CB i personally feel a renewed optimism that we can push are way out of the danger zone that is relagation, not going to make to much jugdement of this on tomorrow nights match it''s top of the league so you must respect there posistion, plus the fact they''ll be gunning for us for the obvious reason, yet anykind of point would make relagation rivals backsides nip. 

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]They could all be hit or miss , if its the latter we are relegated .
[/quote]

Is there ever a transfer for which the first part isn''t true?

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Loan City Fc "]They could all be hit or miss , if its the latter we are relegated .
[/quote]

sure, and thats the problems, if these newbies bomb - we could go down...
[/quote]

And if we hadn''t got the newbies we were still heading that way anyhow.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Loan City Fc "]They could all be hit or miss , if its the latter we are relegated .[/quote]sure, and thats the problems, if these newbies bomb - we could go down...[/quote]

[/quote]thats for sure way49 - but apart from gow - we''ve signed gambles imo...an experienced man (like purse or similar) was required to partner the doc imo,,,and also a steady rightback...instead, we''ve got anzac recruits with recent injury issues - who''ve been hanging around in the reserves at their clubs...if they do the biz, then we''ll all be eternally grateful - but equally, they are clearly and utterly risky signings - for a club thats perched on the edge of the relegation zone...fair comment???

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I didn''t say I was over the moon with it Smudger. However I think Gunny has done the best he can with an extremely weak hand.

Without a big investment from someone, nothing is going to change and I can''t see the Cullum Cavalry riding to rescue anytime soon. I had hoped Delia and MWJ would have been gone by now but the Credit Crunch has put a different slant on things. I fancy we will see several clubs going into administration in the next few weeks.

[/quote]

What put a different slant on things was the fact that the majority of City''s fans were too lilly livered to see through change Ricardo.

None of the players we have bought in will prove to be an improvement on what we already have and so there for are a complete WASTE OF MONEY.

[quote user="Captain Dejan"]Come on then Smudge, who would you have bought in? And I want names and reasons.....
[/quote]

I have said a few times over the last week... Rickie Lambert from Bristol Rovers...

Take a look at the clips of him that you can find on line and tell me he is is not better than what we have bought in... go on I dare you... [:P]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Loan City Fc "]They could all be hit or miss , if its the latter we are relegated .
[/quote]

sure, and thats the problems, if these newbies bomb - we could go down...
[/quote]

[/quote]

Problem is that we have yet again downsized and made savings this transfer window WAY.

The new signings are a replacement for what we have just got rid of at best and at worst they will definitely seal our fate with regards to ensuring that we will be playing Div 1 footie next season.