Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Ink

Credit to the Board & Gunn

[quote user="Big Dave"]

Very happy with the comings and goings. The spine of the team is unaffected and no one has left who we will really miss. The incomings are nearly all loans I know, but this is a perfectly acceptable part of modern football, and all have something to prove, be it an international place, or a step up in level.

Credit to Gunny and the Board for getting this done within the budget constraints we have.

[/quote]

Posts like this must have Doncaster licking his lips. The indoctrination is complete! We have had our aspirations lowered to suh an extent that we will now accept more loans without questioning and are patting them on the back for (it appears) making a PROFIT during the most crucial transfer window for years whilst removing another permanently contracted player from the wage bill. I hope it all works out but very few of us have seen any of these new players play. All are unproven (save for Gow''s short stint at Blackpool). Personally I think any pats on the back are a bit premature!

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Big Dave"]

Very happy with the comings and goings. The spine of the team is unaffected and no one has left who we will really miss. The incomings are nearly all loans I know, but this is a perfectly acceptable part of modern football, and all have something to prove, be it an international place, or a step up in level.

Credit to Gunny and the Board for getting this done within the budget constraints we have.

[/quote]

Posts like this must have Doncaster licking his lips. The indoctrination is complete! We have had our aspirations lowered to suh an extent that we will now accept more loans without questioning and are patting them on the back for (it appears) making a PROFIT during the most crucial transfer window for years whilst removing another permanently contracted player from the wage bill. I hope it all works out but very few of us have seen any of these new players play. All are unproven (save for Gow''s short stint at Blackpool). Personally I think any pats on the back are a bit premature!

[/quote]it will be pats on the floor if we lose the next 3...[:P]

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Credit to the board?! Who''s fault is it that we have financial constraints?![/quote] Let me think!!  um, Gordon Brown , The British economy, The American Economy , The way Football is ran in this country , The Tax man , The High cost of getting average player nowerdays , The fact that The club are not willing to charge higher admission and , probably several other factors

but what sense does it make to release the clubs remaining top scorer and the player with most assists???  Cracking transfer window.

I do hope that Clingan Gow will work well in midfield and that Killen can forge an instant rapport with Curo.  If that does not happen then we will continue to struggle

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

but what sense does it make to release the clubs remaining top scorer and the player with most assists???  Cracking transfer window.

I do hope that Clingan Gow will work well in midfield and that Killen can forge an instant rapport with Curo.  If that does not happen then we will continue to struggle

[/quote]I was rather hoping that the purchase of other strikers might see the end of Cureton in the first team.

Nobody forced Norwich to take on such silly levels of debt and now they find themselves caught out. The board should have lived a bit more within its means, but to be fair lots of clubs are in a similar situation.

It''s difficult to see an easy way out in these economic circumstances where any prospective buyers would prefer to wait for administration rather than genuinely rescue the club.

Norwich are going to have to wheel and deal and pray that whatever management team in charge is decent. Grant and Roeder have not exactly left things in a good state (unlike Stringer and Rioch for example) and anyone wanting a spending spree now is living in cloud cuckoo land imho.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Big Dave"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I say what he said. Saves all the typing.

[quote user="Big Dave"]

[/quote]Big Dave.You show me one other football club with such a high number of loan players as NCFC and I will show you a Club in crisis.As for the budget constraints you mention, will you be as content when Doomy comes out in the future and tells us that next years season ticket money ''enabled the loan signing of......'' this January and that''s why we''ve nothing to spend in the summer?He will you know, he''s done it before.

[quote user="Big Dave"]

[/quote]I''m wouldn''t agree that it''s perfectly acceptable. I would agree that it''s commonplace and that is, in part, a mitigation.The rest of this season is all about survival and because of that, short term measures are acceptable PROVIDED we then rebuild the team in a more forward thinking manner during the summer. I would say that last summer, this was only partially achieved, and the number of summer loans was detrimental. Hopefully this summer (if we survive) is more fruitful when it comes to permanent signings.

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]So the loans are perfectly acceptable, despite the fact it has been proven to even the most blinkered set of eyes that a loan is not committed.[/quote]You need to look up these words in a dictionary [:|]

[quote user="Lambo"]The only disappointment for me was Omozusi going back to Fulham, other than that i''m pretty optimistic, especially with our new look attack.[/quote]

Oh yes... I bet the rest of the Championship os quaking in their boots??? [:$]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Credit to the board?! Who''s fault is it that we have financial constraints?![/quote]

Cullum. He has the oppurtunity to remove those constraints but he hasn''t. ''Fan'' my arrrrssssseeeeee.
[/quote]

I will remind you of that post when Cullum has dragged the club up from Div 3 after the mess that your beloved Delia has created.

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Big Dave"]

[/quote]Big Dave.You show me one other football club with such a high number of loan players as NCFC and I will show you a Club in crisis.As for the budget constraints you mention, will you be as content when Doomy comes out in the future and tells us that next years season ticket money ''enabled the loan signing of......'' this January and that''s why we''ve nothing to spend in the summer?He will you know, he''s done it before.[/quote]And you show me one football club outside of the Premiership who is operating at a profit?Are some of you actually being serious? Do you really think that we are terribly run and are in a unique position as opposed to every other club outside of the Premiership? We are in a lot healthier position than a lot of clubs in our league!!! There''s a reason why we''re not buying players left, right and centre, and that reason being that we cannot afford too, we''re living within our means, and I can''t figure out how you think thats a bad thing?

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Big Dave"]

[/quote]

Big Dave.

You show me one other football club with such a high number of loan players as NCFC and I will show you a Club in crisis.

As for the budget constraints you mention, will you be as content when Doomy comes out in the future and tells us that next years season ticket money ''enabled the loan signing of......'' this January and that''s why we''ve nothing to spend in the summer?

He will you know, he''s done it before.
[/quote]

My comments were not directed at how the club has been run during Delia''s tenure, but purely aimed at this transfer window. Of course I would like to see more permanent signings, and proven players but right now in January 2009 it is not an option. Given the state we are in (and I do blame the board for letting it get to this state) they have done well this transfer window. Even if 1 or 2 of the 5 do not work out, we should be a stronger team as we have not lost anyone from the 1st team squad who was playing regularly.

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Big Dave"]

[/quote]

Big Dave.

You show me one other football club with such a high number of loan players as NCFC and I will show you a Club in crisis.

As for the budget constraints you mention, will you be as content when Doomy comes out in the future and tells us that next years season ticket money ''enabled the loan signing of......'' this January and that''s why we''ve nothing to spend in the summer?

He will you know, he''s done it before.
[/quote]

And you show me one football club outside of the Premiership who is operating at a profit?
Are some of you actually being serious? Do you really think that we are terribly run and are in a unique position as opposed to every other club outside of the Premiership? We are in a lot healthier position than a lot of clubs in our league!!! There''s a reason why we''re not buying players left, right and centre, and that reason being that we cannot afford too, we''re living within our means, and I can''t figure out how you think thats a bad thing?
[/quote]

Depends whether you what you describe as success for a football club Ellis - a successful football team pushing for promotion having invested in the team year on year - or a profit on the balance sheet ??

You may remember the report in the Telegraph (maybe Times) last year which showed Norwich was in the top ten profit making football clubs in the country (and only one of 3 in the Championship) - if only that meant we were in the top 10 league positions in this country ..... ...

Don''t get me wrong i don''t necessarily think it is a bad thing to run a tight ship, but when the majority of other clubs in the top 2 divisions in this country (most with much lower gates than us) choose a different, and some could strongly argue more successful approach to running their clubs in terms of assisting performance on the pitch then you would have to say are wonderful board have got it very very wrong - to the extent that dear old Delia has now finally realised she has taken us into a hole she can''t get us out of and wants to get out.

Yes the state of the financial markets make this very difficult, and cost of running a football club have escalated dramatically over the past few years (primarily players wages) but don''t let these facts fool you that our board got it very wrong - and this is why we are at the wrong end of the table for the 3rd year running with a serious chance of getting relegated, having to rely on loans to bolster the squad, having to buy players from non-league clubs, and have a rookie manager in charge at at time in the clubs history when we really need experience.

Don''t get me wrong - as a supporter of this TEAM i really hope and pray this comes off and we manage to stay up, and then I pray for investment in the summer, however I am also realistic enough to know that we are in deep deep danger this season - and I can''t blame anyone else but the board for putting us this position - a position we should NEVER have found ourselves in, with the consistent crowds we get in year after year, the cash that the club recieved from Mr Chase''s land investments, and the cash we recieved from our all to brief visit to the Premiership a few years ago. Delia, Munby et al - got it wrong. They didn''t allow/employ anyone onto the board with any FOOTBALL sense, it was just people she liked, "got" Norwich, loved her sense of "community" over success, no one who was prepared to take a risk, and this is where it has got us -  and we the fans are the ones suffering.  

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="Big Dave"]

[/quote]

They have made a profit for the second January transfer window running. Well done!

I support the team, Gunny and crew but this board is something else.

[/quote]

you really couldn''t make it up could you CN.

[/quote]That''s exactly what you have done though, made it up. You''ve no idea how much we''ve spent.

[quote user="sturgeon220"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Credit to the board?! Who''s fault is it that we have financial constraints?![/quote] Let me think!!  um, Gordon Brown , The British economy, The American Economy , The way Football is ran in this country , The Tax man , The High cost of getting average player nowerdays , The fact that The club are not willing to charge higher admission and , probably several other factors
[/quote]

The blame lays fairly and squarely with the board, it has been obvious since we were relegated that the club has been underfunded and had Mrs Smith tried to sell the club 2 or three years ago when there was no credit crunch then maybe she''d have found a buyer far easier than she will now. The only thing I''ll be crediting this board for is ruining the club I have followed for nearly 40 years.

[quote user="kdncfc"]

[quote user="sturgeon220"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Credit to the board?! Who''s fault is it that we have financial constraints?![/quote] Let me think!!  um, Gordon Brown , The British economy, The American Economy , The way Football is ran in this country , The Tax man , The High cost of getting average player nowerdays , The fact that The club are not willing to charge higher admission and , probably several other factors
[/quote]

The blame lays fairly and squarely with the board, it has been obvious since we were relegated that the club has been underfunded and had Mrs Smith tried to sell the club 2 or three years ago when there was no credit crunch then maybe she''d have found a buyer far easier than she will now. The only thing I''ll be crediting this board for is ruining the club I have followed for nearly 40 years.

[/quote]

On the same track...HAD my granny had Boll***s she`d have been my Grandad..

Hindsight is always 20/20

[quote user="McCanary"][quote user="kdncfc"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

On the same track...HAD my granny had Boll***s she`d have been my Grandad..

Hindsight is always 20/20

[/quote]

No hindsight required, some of us have been able to see the club was heading for trouble since relegation from the prem. Its got nothing to do with forecasting the credit crunch, more down to the board not looking for a buyer because they didn''t want to sell up at that time even though it would have benefited the club if they had done.

An excellent summary Judge, yes of course it''s easy to say that the board didn''t know a recession was round the corner, but they did know that they hadn''t employed anyone with any football knowledge at a high management level. They did know that going into the Premiership as ill prepared as we were wasn''t the best way to run the club and they did know (or should have done) that the constant sale of quality player and replacing with lower quality/value was always going to end us up precisely where we are now.