Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Ink

Credit to the Board & Gunn

Very happy with the comings and goings. The spine of the team is unaffected and no one has left who we will really miss. The incomings are nearly all loans I know, but this is a perfectly acceptable part of modern football, and all have something to prove, be it an international place, or a step up in level.

Credit to Gunny and the Board for getting this done within the budget constraints we have.

[quote user="Big Dave"]

Very happy with the comings and goings. The spine of the team is unaffected and no one has left who we will really miss. The incomings are nearly all loans I know, but this is a perfectly acceptable part of modern football, and all have something to prove, be it an international place, or a step up in level.

Credit to Gunny and the Board for getting this done within the budget constraints we have.

[/quote]

They have made a profit for the second January transfer window running. Well done!

I support the team, Gunny and crew but this board is something else.

We could of done with 1 more centreback and 1 more forward. You must not forget that besides Cody Mcdonald, the rest are all loan signings and will be leaving come the end of the season. Again we''ve spent very little this transfer window!!!

Looks as if there will be more balance in the side and it will be interesting to see how Gunny and Co use the new signings. I would imagine that Carney and McDonald will be fringe players initially at least. Killen and Gow up front perhaps with usual group in mid-field and Leijer to replace Grounds at CB and maybe grounds reoplacing Otsemebor at RB? Interesting times ahead but whether it will be enough time will tell.  

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="Big Dave"]

[/quote]

They have made a profit for the second January transfer window running. Well done!

[/quote]

you really couldn''t make it up could you CN. Credit to the Board??????????????????????????????????????????? Some of these people like Big Dave are actually running around loose in the community. Be afraid, be very. very afraid. OTBC, good luck Gunny, and may the NCFC Board be struck down by lightning or buried in a snowdrift.

I really wish someone would come clean on just how much money these loans are actually costing us. There seems to be a preception in some quarters that they don''t cost anything, but that is rarely the case with loan fees being common place. Only then can someone actually be certain whether there''s been a profit or not.

Cadburies Nut,

Yawn....

Compared to some of the teams around us, we have done very well with limited funds.

If Killen, Gow & Co perform well and we pull away from the bottom will you still be moaning Cadburies Nut? 

Would you rather we spent the Bell money on 3 or players worth 100,000 each. Sorry pal you are in cloud cuckoo land if you think we can get players like that for free on a permanent!

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t support the crap players (or majority of them) that we have at this football club... cheap sub standard loanees who are not fit to wear the yellow shirt with a few exceptions.

I do not support Gunny either... great bloke but yet another pawn in Delia''s little game and he deserves all of the stick which will come his way in due course for being wronly advised in to taking the job in the first place... I may not care if you have no hair, but you have shown in as little as two weeks that you are no football manager Bryan.

As you say congratulations to the board for once again making a profit this transfer window... [:$]

[quote user="Big Dave"]

Cadburies Nut,

Yawn....

Compared to some of the teams around us, we have done very well with limited funds.

If Killen, Gow & Co perform well and we pull away from the bottom will you still be moaning Cadburies Nut? 

Would you rather we spent the Bell money on 3 or players worth 100,000 each. Sorry pal you are in cloud cuckoo land if you think we can get players like that for free on a permanent!

[/quote]

That is a BIG IF... my money says bottom 3 by 5pm on Saturday.

So Smudger, let me get this right.You don''t support the players, the management team, or the board? Begs the question, who do you support? Think we all know the answer to that one however...

[/quote]

[/quote]

What do you mean the 2nd January transfer window running..... ??

Make that about the last 6 or 7 transfer windows full stop...unfortunately like it or not this board has dug us into this hole and we have to sell our assets (i.e. better players) to service the debts they have built up. Its either service these debts or go into adminstration which would result in Delia and MWJ losing alot of the money they invested (loaned). This is something they obviously don''t want to do (understandably so) so what else do they do to make good these payments ? If no new investment is found, it will either mean they have to put their hands in their pockets again (as per the £2m they had to put in when the Turners decided enough was enough) or we will have to continue to sell off our other playing assets (Marshall, Clingan, & Croft) or start selling off some of the fixed assets (Colney, or even Carrow Road itself).. unfortunately that is the way of modern football to an extent - but our plight has been worsened by poor investment decisions by the board over the past 5-6 years so I for one don''t feel sorry for Delia one little bit - unfortunately it is us as fans that will, and have suffered, due to a continually mediocre football team and the poor performances on the pitch that naturally follow.

The only disappointment for me was Omozusi going back to Fulham, other than that i''m pretty optimistic, especially with our new look attack.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Credit to the board?! Who''s fault is it that we have financial constraints?![/quote]Cullum. He has the oppurtunity to remove those constraints but he hasn''t. ''Fan'' my arrrrssssseeeeee.

[quote user="Big Dave"]

Cadburies Nut,

Yawn....

[/quote]

And who has spent all the money on off-field expenditure over and above routine maintenance? C''mon Big Div,have a guess? The manager, the fans? no our impressive board.! We are forced into loans because of their ruinous leadership. yes let''s get behinf the boys and Gunny and his coaches but let''s also not forget where the responsibility for where are are lies. With the trout and her sycophants. 

I am always hopeful and new players/managers work out but come on. This "new look" team is made up of more loans and a player signed from a team 6/7 leagues below us. Thats a hell of a risk for a team fighting relegation into League 1 to take, as was the appointment of Gunn.

As I''ve said I do really hope things work out but its as if the board doesn''t realise the situation we''re in in the league.

Some of you lot are beyond belief. We have always been a selling club ever since I can remember. (Season ticket for 30 years)

So just how much profit have we made this window, I''m struggling to see much profit. According to some on here we only got £100,000 for Bell and we have spent that on Mcdonald.

We are certainly a lot stronger than we were before the window so stop moaning and get behind the team. (Those of you who actually go to Carrow Road anyway)

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Credit to the board?! Who''s fault is it that we have financial constraints?![/quote]

Cullum. He has the oppurtunity to remove those constraints but he hasn''t. ''Fan'' my arrrrssssseeeeee.
[/quote]

You idiot.

[quote user="jbghost"]

We are certainly a lot stronger than we were before the window so stop moaning and get behind the team. (Those of you who actually go to Carrow Road anyway)

[/quote]

Yes I do go to Carrow Rd as I am a season ticket holder.

Stronger, hopefully and if we sign them on a perm basis, otherwise we are weaker.

My point in all of this is that we are not even recycling the transfer money that we receive, yet alone spend any new money. Dont forget the Earnshaw and Etuhu money.

[quote user="The Judge"]

...unfortunately like it or not this board has dug us into this hole and we have to sell our assets (i.e. better players) to service the debts they have built up. Its either service these debts or go into adminstration...

[/quote]

Once the bubble pops there''s always a hangover. If the club had acted more prudently over the last few years then we''d be in an excellent position to take advantage of other clubs'' financial mismanagement. The board have basically pissed everything up the wall imho.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Mr. Bump"]Credit to Gunn yes but credit to the Board no way.
[/quote]

Didn''t the board pay for all the players that came in today?
[/quote]

I doubt it...selling Bell probably paid for it!

What spine?So the loans are perfectly acceptable, despite the fact it has been proven to even the most blinkered set of eyes that a loan is not committed and all we are doing is making other teams players fit.When are you people going to wake up?[quote user="Big Dave"]

[/quote]

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]What spine?So the loans are perfectly acceptable, despite the fact it has been proven to even the most blinkered set of eyes that a loan is not committed and all we are doing is making other teams players fit.When are you people going to wake up?[/quote]Not all loans are like that though. [8-)] I think people are often too keen to tar every footballer with the same brush sometimes. Judging by the comments around here, Scottish = crap, loan = uncommitted, and die-hard supporter = board sympathiser. [:^)] Is it any wonder that hardly anybody praises the club anymore with such ridiculous generalisations floating around in their heads?[:S]

Sorry I was meaning to add to this post but I just haven''t been able to stop laughing at that bit about the Board in the Op''s post. Mebbe later?Cue hilarious comments of ''don''t bother''........

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

Yes I do go to Carrow Rd as I am a season ticket holder.

Stronger, hopefully and if we sign them on a perm basis, otherwise we are weaker.

My point in all of this is that we are not even recycling the transfer money that we receive, yet alone spend any new money. Dont forget the Earnshaw and Etuhu money.

[/quote]I don''t think that is a new policy, that is exclusive to this board. Who did we buy to replace Sutton, Townsend, Reeves, Curran, Davies?(This btw is a genuine question not rhetorical) Have we ever gone on a spending spree that really went for it?