Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

I cant believe some people!

We sign Carney.....People moan that he is not good enough for Sheff Utd so he is not good enough for us......

Then.....

They sign Lupoli....A player not consistently good enough for us, far too lightweight and not picked by 2 managers but......people moan about letting him go and all of a sudden he must be good!

God! Some people!

Does this make sense or have i drivelled on?

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]

Perfect sense. It''s the Norwich City fan syndrome (although may apply to other clubs too). Player joins - he''s rubbish, same player leaves - he becomes a footballing god.

Your spot on mate.

Norwich fans seem to be the worst for things like this, see my post in the Hoolahan thread for further proof

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]

Perfect sense. It''s the Norwich City fan syndrome (although may apply to other clubs too). Player joins - he''s rubbish, same player leaves - he becomes a footballing god.

[/quote]until he comes back to carra rd- and then he''s booed!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]As well as - Player doesn''t play for over a year = better than PelePlayer loves the club but is a bit rubbish = at least he cares

[/quote]

[/quote]Thats how it seems to work! [:D]

As much as that does make sense I think it''s a bad example, in that Lupoli was one of our better forwards and if he was given more time on the pitch he would have scored more goals - he''s far more effective than Cureton ever will be and I think it''s a big mistake. And he was good enough for Derby in their promotion season.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]As much as that does make sense I think it''s a bad example, in that Lupoli was one of our better forwards and if he was given more time on the pitch he would have scored more goals - he''s far more effective than Cureton ever will be and I think it''s a big mistake. And he was good enough for Derby in their promotion season.[/quote]On the face of it, I''d agree. I just wonder if there were more behind the scenes factors to his being left out? We''ll never know, frustratingly.

Yes I agree with Graham Hunphrey. This is a poor example of what you are suggesting because Lupoli, generally, was well liked by supporters. At least by most who attend games. So the reaction was consistent.

As for the replacement from Sheff Utd = Who he? He well turn out to be a world beater, but once again the reaction was understandable.

As for the comment that Norwich fans are particularly bad for this, I can you assure all football supporters have an element with this attitude. On this occasion I tend to agree with the aggrieved.

We sign Carney.....People moan that he is not good enough for Sheff Utd so he is not good enough for us......

Then.....

They sign Lupoli....A player not consistently good enough for us, far too lightweight and not picked by 2 managers but......people moan about letting him go and all of a sudden he must be good!

God! Some people!

[/quote]

Well, there isn''t much sense in stating Lupoli wasn''t consistently good enough when he wasn''t given a consistent run of games. Especially as he still managed to score six goals.And sorry to state the obvious, but it would appear that Carney hasn''t been good enough for a team who''re in the same League as us, and it''s not as though Sheffield Utd are cruising in an automatic promotion spot.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]As much as that does make sense I think it''s a bad example, in that Lupoli was one of our better forwards and if he was given more time on the pitch he would have scored more goals - he''s far more effective than Cureton ever will be and I think it''s a big mistake. And he was good enough for Derby in their promotion season.[/quote]As someone who tends to be more supportive and understanding of the board/ management , I have, nevertheless, to agree with you Graham. I can''t really understand why Lupoli didn''t play more - he looked sharp and threatening most of the times I saw him. I wonder if there was a "behind the scenes" reason but other than that I am stumped.

Then.....

God! Some people!

[/quote]

Yes, it makes sense but I don''t think this is confined to Norwich.  It''s fairly commonplace on many footie message boards particularly when fans have strong views about a player either incoming or outgoing.

The answer (as usual) is that both you and Sheffield will have to wait and see about their respective acquisitions....................[:)]

The reason Lupoli didn''t play was he was lazy self centred and couldn''t give a toss for the team or other players. If he was half as good as he thought he was he would be a world beater. Gunn and 1800 fans saw enough of Lupoli at Doncaster to confirm he should never play for Norwich again.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Can I add another symptom to the syndrome?

Forgetting how bad a player is once they haven''t been out of favour from the manager(s) for over 6 months, and crying for them to be picked.

Then.....

God! Some people!

[/quote]

Yet another fans moaning about fans moaning thread if I''m not much mistaken . . . [|-)]

Another Example of this ... Brown.. good at holding the ball up ..but not scoring goals for us! .. but banging them in for PNE!most of the world beater players have once played for City! either at first team or youth-reserve teams levels! even at youth internationals!  but to be honest thats Football!!!

[quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="can u sit down please"]

Then.....

God! Some people!

[/quote]

Yet another fans moaning about fans moaning thread if I''m not much mistaken . . . [|-)]

[/quote]

Yet another fan moaning about fans moaning about fans moaning, makes a change from fans moaning about fans not moaning about everything at CR. I like the fans moaning about the clubs loaning threads.