Sign in to follow this  
UEA Canary

andrew davies?

loan according to that andy burton chap on sky sports. he only mentioned it briefly when discussing possible signings for stoke.

[quote user="UEA Canary"]have we actually signed him does anyone know? i know sky sports and edp are reporting it but no word on official site :S[/quote]

The stoke boss said he expected it to go through about 2 hours ago,will have to see what happens!

[quote user="UEA Canary"]loan according to that andy burton chap on sky sports. he only mentioned it briefly when discussing possible signings for stoke.[/quote]

Great. More loans.

My god I hate the loan system ... [:@]

I dont think its happening, i cant find anything official anywhere, i guess it would have had to have gone through by now as i thought it was only players joining premiership clubs that had the deadline extended.

[quote user="dejanstenfanovic"]I dont think its happening, i cant find anything official anywhere, i guess it would have had to have gone through by now as i thought it was only players joining premiership clubs that had the deadline extended.[/quote]That is exactly it. Our time is up. No ruling out a loan move though when the loan window opens again.

Even if we get him when the window re-opens, that would mean we would have 7 loanees with only five permitted in the squad. So that means we would efefctively always be paying wages for 2 loanees who cant play. Surely, it would be better to spend this moeny actually buting someone who is eligible to play.

[quote user="Desert Fox"]Even if we get him when the window re-opens, that would mean we would have 7 loanees with only five permitted in the squad. So that means we would efefctively always be paying wages for 2 loanees who cant play. Surely, it would be better to spend this moeny actually buting someone who is eligible to play.[/quote]

incorrect sir, we''d have 5 domestic loans as well as gow and killen

and I thought stoke had alot of loans last year! we must surely now hold the record for ''most loans used in one season''?

as for the deadline, yep our chance has gone...unfortunately our name is not ''man utd, liverpool, chelsea, arsenal or man city'' therefore deals actually have to be completed by the deadline stipulated.

as for the player..a very decent player, shame we couldn''t get him...yet.

Barclay King/Cartoon Head,

Thanks for that info. Still seems amzing that we could field a team of 7 loanees. Presumably there is nothing to stop us having 11 loanees so long as only 5 come from English clubs.

[quote user="Desert Fox"]

Barclay King/Cartoon Head,

Thanks for that info. Still seems amzing that we could field a team of 7 loanees. Presumably there is nothing to stop us having 11 loanees so long as only 5 come from English clubs.

[/quote]

there are other limits which i''m not clued up on but we''re fine at the moment, i doubt we''ll see any more than 4 on the pitch at any given time

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="UEA Canary"]loan according to that andy burton chap on sky sports. he only mentioned it briefly when discussing possible signings for stoke.[/quote]

Great. More loans.

My god I hate the loan system ... [:@]

[/quote]Lol. Well without it we''d have McDonald and no one else, so personally im grateful.

Stoke are hoping that they completed the loan signing of

Birmingham full-back Stephen Kelly in time for it to be sanctioned by

the FA.

Potters boss Tony Pulis was looking to add a defender to his ranks

before Monday''s 5pm deadline and made a late swoop for the 25-year-old

Irish international stopper. And, while special dispensation was given

to clubs to complete deals after the cut-off time due to the bad

weather which hit the UK on Monday, it is still unclear if the Potters

have got the green light from the Football Association to complete the

swoop. Pulis

will wait to find out if he can take Kelly, who has made 88 appearances

for the Blues and has just recovered from a torn thigh muscle injury,

before allowing Andrew Davies to make a loan move to Norwich City.Taken from clubcall.Does this mean if approval is received he will become our player ,(presuming our paperwork was in by 5), or do we wait until the loan window reopens next week?

[quote user="paul ncfc"]

the FA.

swoop. Pulis

before allowing Andrew Davies to make a loan move to Norwich City.Taken from clubcall.Does this mean if approval is received he will become our player ,(presuming our paperwork was in by 5), or do we wait until the loan window reopens next week?[/quote]Either way it''s good news, he''s a decent player. Didn''t he score twice against us while he was on loan at Derby last year? I remember him as a kid at Boro, he had a big mop of blond hair and the Boro fans used to call him Boris Johnson!If the above is true, I guess the only doubt is whether he will be able to play against Bristol City at the weekend.

[quote user="paul ncfc"]

Stoke are hoping that they completed the loan signing of Birmingham full-back Stephen Kelly in time for it to be sanctioned by the FA.

Potters boss Tony Pulis was looking to add a defender to his ranks before Monday''s 5pm deadline and made a late swoop for the 25-year-old Irish international stopper. And, while special dispensation was given to clubs to complete deals after the cut-off time due to the bad weather which hit the UK on Monday, it is still unclear if the Potters have got the green light from the Football Association to complete the swoop.

Pulis will wait to find out if he can take Kelly, who has made 88 appearances for the Blues and has just recovered from a torn thigh muscle injury, before allowing Andrew Davies to make a loan move to Norwich City.

Taken from clubcall.

Does this mean if approval is received he will become our player ,(presuming our paperwork was in by 5), or do we wait until the loan window reopens next week?
[/quote]

Interesting one. Strange how the Davies deal disappeared yesterday having appeared done and dusted. It could explain why we did the swap for Leitjer, as it appeared nonsensical to simply swap one CB for another when we were clearly crying out for reinforcements. Maybe it will materialise today, but I suspect that if not it definitely will next week (or that we at least bring in another CB from somewhere).

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="paul ncfc"]

the FA.

swoop. Pulis

before allowing Andrew Davies to make a loan move to Norwich City.Taken from clubcall.Does this mean if approval is received he will become our player ,(presuming our paperwork was in by 5), or do we wait until the loan window reopens next week?[/quote]Either way it''s good news, he''s a decent player. Didn''t he score twice against us while he was on loan at Derby last year? I remember him as a kid at Boro, he had a big mop of blond hair and the Boro fans used to call him Boris Johnson!If the above is true, I guess the only doubt is whether he will be able to play against Bristol City at the weekend.[/quote]He did score twice past us, think it was our first or 2nd season back in the championship when NW was in charge and we were absolutely piss poor away from home.   3 years on and not much has changed, sadly.

Yes,according to a friend of mine who supports Derby he did score twice.He seemed to think the lad Davies was a solid performer,but felt he  has had too many clubs for there not to be a problem!