Sign in to follow this  
blacko

Crewe/Everton

Two things here a) did Mark Rivers get involved last night when Crewe won 2-1 as he is training with them?

b) I said a while ago that Everton were in my predicted bottom three this year and with what is going on there I feel more and more confident as time goes on.

Rooney, a fantastic international player, is not worth £40-50,000 per week domestically in my opinion either.

I shall be looking for their results all season, keep your fingers crossed.

My missus went to the game last night (she''s a blue), and she seems to think Rivers was involved, yes. She also said that she is extremely worried about the upcoming season, as the players they have simply aren''t good enough - Marcus Bent adds nothing, by all reports.

She accepts the fact that this was Everton''s first proper friendly, but got home after the game looking like a person who knows relegation is a real possibility. Unless the boardroom nonsense is sorted out very soon, I can see Everton being in a worse situation than Leeds find themselves now.

I remember a few seasons back we played Leicester in a friendly, and West Ham another year. I think we drew 2-2 with Leicester and I remember being unimpressed at the time. They were relegated that season. Then West Ham beat us 4-2 but didn''t look too convincing, and sure enough they were relegated too that season.

I guess the bottom line is, if a team is going to do well in the Prem, it should be able to look a class above when playing a 1st div side. It will be interesting to see how we fare against Coventry!!! I''m not expecting us to out-class them!

Ama.

yes mark played last night he has been training with them hmmm mark scored 1 goal for crewe that''s why they are thinking about signing him back

I agree. Trevor Birch'' resignation, the Rooney saga, the Kenwright/Gregg power struggle, the lack of funds, the poor showing last year, the Liverpool ground share fiasco all show a club in trouble... we have to target them.. they look like next seasons Leeds. Never liked them.. remember the coventry relegation thing.. then when they bored their way to the league title and won here and ran all over the pitch.. and that stupid everton everton eveton song to the tune of here we go!! Lets do everyone a favour and shove them down.

Come on Charlie''s Dad, come off the fence and tell us how you really feel about Everton.

;-)

natalie, learn your lesson - fine, so Rivers is going to get a contract at Crewe, good luck to him, and I look forward to seeing him out and about around the town, BUT, he did not score last night......

LOL.. Well if im coming off the fence .. did i mention last years cup exit really rankles with me!! 2 dodgy pens a bent free kick... that Roberts ''offside goal'' to put us 2-1 up... the handball in the area we were denied........... aaaaarrrgh

Totally agree. Any fan from 1985 will not have forgotten their shameful contribution to our relegation. weren''t everton the reason for the pass-back rule? I remember them coming to carrow rd and Southall spent more time receiving the ball from his own players than ours.
Add to that :-

1) they contributed to our 90s decline by luring Mike Walker
2) its their turn to go down surely. i''ve been a fan since 1972 and only Arsenal and Liverpool have remained in the top flight that along with Everton.
3) they play in blue and white
4) duncan ferguson (say no more)

wow, poor old everton, whoever thought they were this hated?

can''t say i like them much either, most of the fans i have met have an over inflated opinion of their team, yes, they won the championship - but it was a long time ago!! nearly twenty years (rather like the binners harping on about their glory days!)

i can see them following leeds down the pan (never liked them either)

Was it really 20 yrs ago.........Time flies when you''re bitter and twisted..BUT revenge is on hand mwahahahahahaaaaaa!!! All i need now is for holier than thou kendall to rejoin as manager, City to take 6 points from them and field a team of reserves against all their relegation opponents. Then they and their ''big club'' pretensions can slide into the murky depths. MWAH mwahaha mwahahahahahaaaaaaa!

I''ve never forgotten Everton''s despicable behaviour and the part they played in our relegation; having already won the title they lost to Coventry 0-3 (I think) and sent us down. I was at the Coltishall airshow, and was listening to it on the radio. I''ve hated Everton and Coventry ever since. Coventry got their come-uppance. Let''s hope Everton get their''s this season!!
The memory is a funny thing. I can remember this as if it were yesterday, but ask me where I put my car keys 15 minutes ago, and I''m stumped.

The back pass... i forgot that... Terry Darracott to George Wood and back again.. for 5 minutes as everton won 1-0... oh its all coming back to me now.. arrogant **** , big club.... arse.

charlies'' dad,

For a man who appears to boil at just the mention of the Toffees, I must say that you do seem to have a pretty encyclopedic knowledge of them! Do I sense a wee mite of obsession there?!

Does anyone remember Peter Beardsley slamming in a sweet volley past Bryan Gunn at the River End which bounced back out of the goal off an advertising hoarding, so the net never ruffled - and the ref gave us a goal kick!!? Top Man!

Obsessive?? moi?? nooooooo... but i dont like them.. Actually i read an article about them in the national press this week detailing all the problems they are currently having.. Moyes is set to quit hopefully... they really would be in trouble then. It seems to me that all the promoted teams have something to gain by the presence of badly struggling clubs mortally wounded in the prem.. it gives us more chance to stick. This years added bonus is that its Everton, not Chalton, Pompey, Villa, Bolton etc. with whom i have no particular axe to grind!

I''m not normally a vindictive person at all, but the sight of the Everton fans protesting about their board wranglings the other night brought a wry smile (ok- a big smile) to my face, I have to say. Reminded me all over again of the ''Chase Out'' protests outside the main entrance a few years back. Strange times. Perhaps Wiz can tell us if this is the year for payback.

just thought I would move this back up because I have just noticed that Radzinski in with Fulham now. I thought he was one of their better players, they really are looking ready for the drop to me.

ADU I remember "watching" the coventry game on ceefax as you do and just sat there knumb for 2 hours so yeah pay back time is due.

Flick flack, is that genuine? Classic! What was the final score? Was the incident shown on match of the day?

And lets not even mention the lack of apology from them last year.

Toffees to come unstuck, with Palace and Baggies to follow em down.