Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

Our record at molineux...not exactly brilliant

Haven''t won in that place i''m pretty sure this decade or even millenium and have to say not a very pleasent away day alround either...

However it will be interesting to see how Gow plays, having come so close to joining them, hopefully he''ll be extra motivated to prove a point

Marshall

Semmy     Grounds   Doherty     Bertrand

Croft         Russell     Clingan      Pattison

Gow      Killen

Subs: Nelson, Lleiva(?!), Cureton, Mcdonald, Drury

[quote user="The Lord"]

Haven''t won in that place i''m pretty sure this decade or even millenium and have to say not a very pleasent away day alround either...

[/quote]Surely as we are in the first decade of the Millennium, then failing to win within the decade also means the Millennium?:P

Our league record at Wolves reads:-

Played 21, Won 1, Drawn 4, Lost 16, Goals For 14, Goals Against 45.

And i was there for that one single victory. Martin O''Neill was manager, and Steve Bull got sent off in the last minute. [:D]

Ashley Ward 30 yd screamer and Neil Adams penalty IIRC!

presuming the game goes ahead...then chuck in carney in for mcdonald in that case

and yes ''decade/millenium'' would be the same thing effectively but I was just tryin to use it to exaggerate my point of our awful record

We got the result of sorts we needed in the play off semi final when we went there for a night game many moons ago now.

Being stuck on some motorway in Birmingham that night after the game, a moterway purely of Norwich City Fans on cloud none, running around, beeping excitedly is one of the most surreal experiences ever!

I thought it was Gow who didn''t sign in time to get his international clearance? Assuming McDonald is included;

Marshall

Semmy                        Doc                     Grounds                        Bertrand

Croft                           Clingan                 Rusty                            Hoolahan

Jamie                    Killen

Nelson, Carney, Leijer, Fatty Patty, McDonald

What a prt you are Lord... two new so called strikers who you would plump for to lead our attack????

I am sure you would play somebody if it was a new signing even if they had no legs and we had to wheel them out in a wheelchair???  [H]

PS - All yuou sheep... your teams look the worst City sides ever seen (even in recent history which takes quite something).... [:$]

Yes, remember it well Huddy, though I can recall the stop in a service station more, think it must have been Corley? Anyway all of us in there were singing and cheering, and of course toasting the team. Have to say was just relieved to get out of Wolverhampton alive, serious trouble there after (and during) the game.

[quote user="whoareyou"]

And i was there for that one single victory. Martin O''Neill was manager, and Steve Bull got sent off in the last minute. [:D]

[/quote]

Yes, me too.

Evening matches always seem a bit edgier especially when you''re at Molineux !! When Steve Bull was sent off for a bad foul on Ashley Ward I was wondering if my other half would be able to find the life insurance papers if I didn''t make it home.

On the day I found myself sitting right next to the '' no man''s land '' netting and I wished I''d taken a bucket as it was raining so much money for most of the match it would have been a cheap day out.....

[quote user="whoareyou"]

[/quote]

Yes, me too.

Evening matches always seem a bit edgier especially when you''re at Molineux !! When Steve Bull was sent off for a bad foul on Ashley Ward I was wondering if my other half would be able to find the life insurance papers if I didn''t make it home.

On the day I found myself sitting right next to the '' no man''s land '' netting and I wished I''d taken a bucket as it was raining so much money for most of the match it would have been a cheap day out.....

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="whoareyou"]

[/quote]

Yes, me too.

[/quote]So was I. I was working that way and with a wotk mate who was a Wolves

supporter. Remember feeling quite confident s soon as I heard the line

up - thought it one of our best at that time. Strong midfield and

whilst Ward had his critics, he would waltz into the current team. With

the exception of Clingan, don''t think any of our present squad would

make the cut.

You guys who saw that win at Molineux are lucky! Wolves was my first ever away game and we lost 5-1 in 1971! I have been at least half a dozen times since and never even seen us draw although the 1-0 defeat in the play offs was like a win.

I''m going tonight (weather permitting[H]). Will my Molineux luck change[:^)]

I saw that win too, and instantly regretted going as the way back to our car was barred by thugs ( and that is a polite word, I would far rather use others) who stopped our path and held knives up to us. I was then with my two kids, and the rest of us were all families. If it wasn''t for some policemen nearby I dread to think what might have happened. That is the only win I have seen, seen a lot of defeats there over the years and Molineux is easily my most detested away ground.

My luck at Molineux has always been the same Nutty, I can honestly say I am too scared now to ever go there again, every single trip there I have seen violence towards our fans. Good luck to you and hope you see a win tonight!

Just to correct myself, i think the Adams penatly was another game. Who scored in the match where that w**ker Muscat did Bellamy? I remember Iwan scoring. Did we draw 2-2 that day?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

You guys who saw that win at Molineux are lucky! Wolves was my first ever away game and we lost 5-1 in 1971! I have been at least half a dozen times since and never even seen us draw although the 1-0 defeat in the play offs was like a win.

[/quote]

Well it is all swings and roundabouts Nutty......

Having been lucky enough to see our one and only win at Molineaux I too was '' lucky '' enough to witness the worst ever result.

That 5-1 FA Cup hammering you saw back in 1971. 

Hang on, i know we won in 95-6 under O''Neill but didn''t we win the following season too, under Walker? I have vague memories of goals from Adams and Fleck

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]I was at the only win at Molineux, must have only been about 8 and I remember there being loads of trouble. I''m going tonight, athough if you''re going nutty we could be in trouble [:)]OTBC

For all you stat buffs. This''ll put to bed any arguments about how much we lost at Moulinex by each yearhttp://www.soccerbase.com/head2.sd?team2id=2848&team1id=1855