Sign in to follow this  

Interesting selection...

Marshall, Otsemobor, Doherty, Grounds, Drury, Croft, Clingan, Russell, Bertrand, Cort, Cureton.Subs: Nelson, Gow, Killen, Carney, Hoolahan.How many would''ve predicted that then? [:|]

is that the team? were doomed! cort and cureton upfront....i hope i get to eat my words mind

good balance to the side, very attacking bench which is gd to see, some potential game changers. defensive cover in the form of bertie if need be. good to see cort getting a start, playing a former club too, bound to score....?

Anyone going to join me in a bit of positive thinking or is it going to the usual doom and gloom on here?  OTBC!!!  COME ON!!!

I agree, it looks a failrly decent side to play Wolves. A steady back four, a solid, workmanlike midfield and a big man, little man combination up front.......plenty of options on the bench also

[quote user="AndyJR"]Anyone going to join me in a bit of positive thinking or is it going to the usual doom and gloom on here?  OTBC!!!  COME ON!!!
[/quote]

I`m liking this.

Nothing wrong with 4-4-2.

Didn`t JC score all those goals at Colchester off a big man like Cort??

I`ll still be happy with a point though!

[quote user="PBTC"], Croft, Clingan, Russell, Bertrand, Cort, Cureton.Subs: Nelson, Gow, Killen, Carney, Hoolahan.How many would''ve predicted that then? [:|][/quote]  I''m guessing they line up this way :            MarshallOtsemobor,Doc, Grounds, Drury  Crofty Rusty Clingan Bertie      Cort             Wiz''s love child

Well at least it appears Gunn is picking his own team and isn''t being forced to play the loan players all the time as it sometimes appeared as though Roeder had made promises to play them all the time.

OTBC

Bring on the new boys ... this team has brought us were we are now ... in relegation threat ... we need the new players ... come on Gunn ... don''t be so afraid ... otherwise we could have had Lupoli on the bench .. now only new names on the bench .. not in the side ... we had Crouch and Huckerby .. frsh in the team ... he keeps very loyal to the GR regime ... even Bertrand in midfield .. why not Carney ... fear the worst !

Harsh on Matty, i''d say. He''d be well suited to this game.

Good to see Darel back where he belongs, hopefully he''ll put in a decent shift and stay there for the rest of eternity. Nice to see Drury getting the game he deserves too.

We can grab a tough fought draw tonight. On the ball, City!

I''ve always been a fan of the ''big man, wee man'' partnership for us since we had Iwan and Bellars so fingers crossed. At least we can''t be accused of not going for it.

[quote user="YellowRoad"]Bring on the new boys ... this team has brought us were we are now ... in relegation threat ... we need the new players ... come on Gunn ... don''t be so afraid ... otherwise we could have had Lupoli on the bench .. now only new names on the bench .. not in the side ... we had Crouch and Huckerby .. frsh in the team ... he keeps very loyal to the GR regime ... even Bertrand in midfield .. why not Carney ... fear the worst ![/quote]ok, plain and simple..............Gow has flown straight to Birmingham and onto Wolves so he hasn''t trained or met his teammates yet, the other lads have just arrived.....just calm down!!! I''m sure the team will start to take shape in the next few weeks

[quote user="PBTC"]Marshall, Otsemobor, Doherty, Grounds, Drury, Croft, Clingan, Russell, Bertrand, Cort, Cureton.Subs: Nelson, Gow, Killen, Carney, Hoolahan.How many would''ve predicted that then? [:|][/quote]maybe its giving the old guard one last chance to prove themselves...i would guess that matty patty is either ill or injured - cos after rusty''s head knock on friday - isn''t it a bit early to send the boy back into battle - i''d rest him for sats brizzle city encounter...so,,,its likely that rusty will have a quiet game,,,and on a frosty night - i doubt whether cort''s knees will last the full term - in fact he could get crocked...i''m not hopeful of any points - but a draw would be a massive result - given where we are...otbc...

arrggghhh! why the hell is he droping hoolahan? he is our only creative player. Cleary gunn and hoolahan do have a bit of an issue! i dont see much of a future here for hoolahan with gunn in charge. He must be so frustrated, he has been probally our best player of the last few weeks yet still gets dropped!

as for the rest, semmy should be dropped but as we have no cover he cannot, bertrand also should have been given a ''rest'' - gunn has clearly gone for a consistent team which is fair enough but dropping hoolahan is terrible.

cort will give us an outlet when we are under pressure so good move to start with him.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

arrggghhh! why the hell is he droping hoolahan? he is our only creative player. Cleary gunn and hoolahan do have a bit of an issue! i dont see much of a future here for hoolahan with gunn in charge. He must be so frustrated, he has been probally our best player of the last few weeks yet still gets dropped!

as for the rest, semmy should be dropped but as we have no cover he cannot, bertrand also should have been given a ''rest'' - gunn has clearly gone for a consistent team which is fair enough but dropping hoolahan is terrible.

cort will give us an outlet when we are under pressure so good move to start with him.

[/quote]

Wolves'' best player is down our left so picking Drury and Bertrand is a smart move from where i''m sat