Sign in to follow this  
Ncfc-Jack

Cody Mcdonald

[quote user="Canary Nut"]We shouldnt forget that a  striker like Phillips (now at Birmingham City) moved from Hitchin Town to Luton and then on to Sunderland........[/quote]

I thought that Kevin Phillips started his League career with Watford?

Anyway this Mcdonald sounds promising and is the sort of player that previous managers at Carrow Rd have shyed away from having a go at.

He surely will be cheap and hungry to do well unlike numourous loans from the Premiership we''ve had to endure!

With the NZealander and Gow looking to sign things are looking better and Gunn can see that we need strengthening!

Phillips started off with Baldock then GR bought him to Watford, many a players has come from non league, I.e Phillips and Wright, but some like Fleetwood didn''t, but the fees are so small its not really a risk.

[quote user="ncfc90"]

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OoHz_j7E0Nc

Well after watching his first goal, he looks better than Cureton [:D]

[/quote]

LOL. I was born in one of those houses you can see, in the first-half, overlooking Canvey Islands ground.    

A Dartford fan, on the Norwich City mad, Online Football Management game website, told me last night that Bryan Gunn was watching  Dartfords game yesterday, and that decisions would be made today. I think he said Cody got injured. He also said that in the Dartford bar, they were saying he''d cost us £80,000.

Cody looks a right nutter though, always getting cards/sent off. I think he''s scored 22 goals for Dartford since he joined them in mid October. 

[quote user="Canarygeorge"][quote user="ncfc90"]

[/quote]

LOL. I was born in one of those houses you can see, in the first-half, overlooking Canvey Islands ground.    

A Dartford fan, on the Norwich City mad, Online Football Management game website, told me last night that Bryan Gunn was watching  Dartfords game yesterday, and that decisions would be made today. I think he said Cody got injured. He also said that in the Dartford bar, they were saying he''d cost us £80,000.

Cody looks a right nutter though, always getting cards/sent off. I think he''s scored 22 goals for Dartford since he joined them in mid October. 

[/quote]

Maybe a few more nutters is exactly what we need [:D]

[quote user="Orange Crush"][quote user="Canarygeorge"][quote user="ncfc90"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe a few more nutters is exactly what we need [:D]

[/quote]

Better than some of the lightweights we''ve had in recent years!

[quote user="Canarygeorge"]LOL. I was born in one of those houses you can see, in the first-half,

[/quote]You were just in time to see the second half then George! [:D]

Lol.

But players him have so much to prove, they know what hard work is. I think there is something nice about getting a rough diamond in and trying to polish him in to a decent player, look at the recent ones that Peterborough have bought in the last few years.

[quote user="Canarygeorge"][quote user="ncfc90"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Nutter''s don''t always work out mind - remember Mr Brellier?  We all got excited after seeing the You tube video, on closer inspection basically he just ran around hacking as many people as possible - good fun mind.  Hope Cody works out.

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Canarygeorge"][quote user="ncfc90"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nutter''s don''t always work out mind - remember Mr Brellier?  We all got excited after seeing the You tube video, on closer inspection basically he just ran around hacking as many people as possible - good fun mind.  Hope Cody works out.

[/quote]

Ha Ha remeber the Brellier tapes, what a Hustle that turned out to be, frenzied atttempts to get the flag,what a joke.

We haven`t got the time to take risks with players like this !!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="ncfc90"]

[/quote]

Did anyone else notice that in celebrating the 2nd goal, he appears to point to the name on the back of his shirt.

I can''t help but think that this move would be more affective if the Dartford kits had the players names printed on them.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]Hi  Ncfc-Jack, would that be "my names Jack" or would that  be "Swansea Jack" ? Makes no difference to me bit just interested  to know?[/quote]

My Names Jack

[quote user="pete_norw"]Well where is he then ? has he signed or what. loads of waffell but no real sign of him[/quote]

And? Have some patience, still time.

This is seriously bloody risky!

I wish him well, but I find it hilarious that some fans are getting excited over signing a non league striker................I know, Ian Wright![:$]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I wish him well, but I find it hilarious that some fans are getting excited over signing a non league striker................I know, Ian Wright![:$]

[/quote]

He''s a bit of an unknown quantity, just like David Strihavka. I think that''s what gets people excited.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

No Wiz you get me wrong, if he''s not ours then go and get someone else, For one I think he would be better off playing for Lowestoft than coming to us, but who knows, the country is full of young hopefulls like him   

Looks like we could be hearing something soon if the Dartford Messenger is to be believed

Today''s News

Norwich on the verge of signing McDonald

Cody McDonald looks set to complete his move to Norwich after Dartford accepted a bid from the Championship side

Cody McDonald looks set to complete his move to Norwich after Dartford accepted a bid from the Championship side

Dartford youngster Cody McDonald is poised to complete his move to Championship side Norwich, before the transfer deadline expires at midnight on Monday.

The 22-year old striker was at Carrow Road having a medical and discussing personal terms, and chairman Dave Skinner said: "We have accepted Norwich''s bid for Cody, which matches our valuation, and are waiting to hear the deal has gone through."

Norwich boss Bryan Gunn watched McDonald in action against Maidstone on Saturday, and had talks with Darts officials after the game. The former Ipswich schoolboy had a two day trial with the Canaries last month, and Gunn has continued his interest in him, after stepping up to replace former Gillingham boss Glenn Roeder.

[quote user="jbghost"]

Looks like we could be hearing something soon if the Dartford Messenger is to be believed

Today''s News

Norwich on the verge of signing McDonald

Dartford youngster Cody McDonald is poised to complete his move to Championship side Norwich, before the transfer deadline expires at midnight on Monday.

The 22-year old striker was at Carrow Road having a medical and discussing personal terms, and chairman Dave Skinner said: "We have accepted Norwich''s bid for Cody, which matches our valuation, and are waiting to hear the deal has gone through."

Norwich boss Bryan Gunn watched McDonald in action against Maidstone on Saturday, and had talks with Darts officials after the game. The former Ipswich schoolboy had a two day trial with the Canaries last month, and Gunn has continued his interest in him, after stepping up to replace former Gillingham boss Glenn Roeder.

[/quote]

Former Ipswich schoolboy? Would be classic if he did well for us (scoring in the Derby would be good for starters)!

I''m absolutely delighted we have signed this guy. I could not care less if he turns out to be an absolute flop and cannot cut it at this level. The point is we are taking risks and looking at unknown quantities from lower league. Many great players have come from non league teams. They are signed for peanuts and occasionally you get one gem that will at very least make you a little bit of money.

Out of all the signings so far, this is actually the one i''m most happy with. Well done Gunn. Lets hope you''ve found a real gem. This is what we should be doing if we have no money!

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

I''m absolutely delighted we have signed this guy. I could not care less if he turns out to be an absolute flop and cannot cut it at this level. The point is we are taking risks and looking at unknown quantities from lower league. Many great players have come from non league teams. They are signed for peanuts and occasionally you get one gem that will at very least make you a little bit of money.

Out of all the signings so far, this is actually the one i''m most happy with. Well done Gunn. Lets hope you''ve found a real gem. This is what we should be doing if we have no money!

[/quote]We haven''t signed him yet. But lets wait and see ''eh?

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[/quote]

If this is a done deal then i''m with you. it''s not really a risk he wont be on a big salary his transfer fee proably will be about the same as a loan fee, if it doesnt work out what have we really lost?

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[/quote]

If this is a done deal then i''m with you. it''s not really a risk he wont be on a big salary his transfer fee proably will be about the same as a loan fee, if it doesnt work out what have we really lost?

[/quote]

Precisely. I''m just happy we are looking at players like this. They can always turn out to be an excellent piece of business, and if they don''t, nothing is lost anyway.

Well lets hope he turns out to be a real find, God knows we need it at the moment!