Sign in to follow this  
Ncfc-Jack

Cody Mcdonald

[quote user="chicken"]If he does sign then he will need the supporters to be patient as I should imagine that he will not be up to Championship standards until the summer. He may make an appearence before the end of the season if we get some games at the end that Gunn is able to give him. Either way unless he is absolutely fantastic I doubt he will have an emediate impact.
[/quote]

Agree entirely with this. This is not a "gamble" as I am sure he is being signed with one eye on the future and for once we are looking at the bigger picture. Who knows he may score on his debut and go on and fire the goals that keep us up but I suspect it is far more likely we will ease him in gently with an eye on next season more than anything. The promising thing is that by all accounts he has pace and that can take you a long way in football! if he knows where the goal is as well then thats very promising package. We are crying out for a quick striker who can get behind defences. Hopefully this lad is that man but we must be patient with him if he signs!

Any player is a gamble, doesnt matter how proven he may be at whatever level you can never tell how it will work out. Lets just give him the benifit of the doubt and get behind him.

I think it''s great we''re trying to find players from the non-leagues - see other teams do it seems we never do but we have. Not got much to lose - as others have said I''m sure he won''t cost too much, so if he fails oh well, but if it goes well we''ve got a steal.

Remember Lee Marshall, we got him from non-league.

Question is will the majority of fans back him? I will be.

I just wait for Wizzy to slate him before he''s joined or been seen play......

[quote user="singing canary"]hes supposed to be very quick , sheffield united were interested and palace .[/quote]

and fulham

right - so we''re in a relegation battle...in our position can we financially afford to be ''planning for the future''???unless its a league 1 future???we need strikers who can score/assist between them 10 goals from now until the end of the season...we need a defence that can defend a lead - that can keep clean sheets at home, and perform under a home teams pressure when playing away...this is a sure fire way to escape relegation...anything else is a wing and a prayer and obviously a gamble...it can''t be anything else...so - i''ll wait until tuesday to see if we have the personnel to do the immediate job in hand...

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]right - so we''re in a relegation battle...in our position can we financially afford to be ''planning for the future''???unless its a league 1 future???we need strikers who can score/assist between them 10 goals from now until the end of the season...we need a defence that can defend a lead - that can keep clean sheets at home, and perform under a home teams pressure when playing away...this is a sure fire way to escape relegation...anything else is a wing and a prayer and obviously a gamble...it can''t be anything else...so - i''ll wait until tuesday to see if we have the personnel to do the immediate job in hand...

[/quote]It''s not like this was the only signing Norwich were allowed to make, if you haven''t noticed Killen is in aswell and Gow is likely to aswell.People keep acting like this is the end of the world!

Signing a non-league striker.  Are we mad???  Surely Wayne Rooney would be a better signing, from Manchester United. Or Didier Drogba from Chelsea.  I reckon they would keep us up.  What''s Gunn and the board playing at??

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."]Apologies for it not putting the video I am not sure how to on this board - [url=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OoHz_j7E0N]Canvey Island V Dartford - Cody McDonald Hatrick[/url][/quote]

URL doesn''t work, jsut copy and paste it mate

[quote user="Ciderkidd"][quote user="lucky green trainers"]right - so we''re in a relegation battle...in our position can we financially afford to be ''planning for the future''???unless its a league 1 future???we need strikers who can score/assist between them 10 goals from now until the end of the season...we need a defence that can defend a lead - that can keep clean sheets at home, and perform under a home teams pressure when playing away...this is a sure fire way to escape relegation...anything else is a wing and a prayer and obviously a gamble...it can''t be anything else...so - i''ll wait until tuesday to see if we have the personnel to do the immediate job in hand...

[/quote]It''s not like this was the only signing Norwich were allowed to make, if you haven''t noticed Killen is in aswell and Gow is likely to aswell.People keep acting like this is the end of the world![/quote]its not the end of the world lol - just our league status - or maybe thats the same thing to many supporters...but answer the question cider...in your mind,,,can these strikers score/assist 10 goals between now and the end of the season???i doubt it...but i waiting to see if iversen signs - cos maybe then...he is at least proven - but is now geting on and had his share of injuries...

terrific signing if it goes through...
  • he''s young so has time to improve
  • he''s not a loan...another permenant body
  • he''ll be eager to impress
he can''t have commanded that much of a fee...otherwise we wouldn''t be interested (and i mean this very seriously)we really have nothing to lose with this signing...gunn went to watch him yesteday at dartford match, so was obviusly pleased after the trial as well

[quote user="ncfc90"]

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OoHz_j7E0Nc

Well after watching his first goal, he looks better than Cureton [:D]

[/quote]

Don''t worry, he''ll soon master the technique of blasting it straight at the keeper!

Seriously, though, I saw this lad play when he was at Maldon. he''s quick ,has good movement and is a natural goalscorer. He needs to make a big step up but he''s got the tools.

[quote user="go-on-gunny"]

When was the last time we had a target man of any quality?

A few who failed.

Sibs

Brown

Thorne

Omar Koroma-tall but not really a target man, more a beautiful mover....8-)

Cort-can''t see him doing anything

[/quote]

Dion Dublin anyone?

hes young ... he will learn , if he scores a hattrick for norwich , i dont mind him getting sent off , as long as he does it in the 90th minute and we are 3-0 up!!!

he was aving the medical at 11 clock this morning, so im guessin everything is being finalised now...cody is strong, quick and ive seen him score some great goals! i really hope he can make the step up to the championship but i''m sure he can if your going to sign him..

[quote user="singing canary"]hes young ... he will learn , if he scores a hattrick for norwich , i dont mind him getting sent off , as long as he does it in the 90th minute and we are 3-0 up!!![/quote]Can see ya point,but then there would be a little issue of suspension.

[quote user="Lambo"]Any more news on this guy?[/quote]When i was down Kent i used to watch the Dartford team abit as alot of my mates were suppporters of the Charlton/CPalace and if they couldnt get to the games after work we used to go there instead.From what i saw this guy has a good feetvery fast altho doesnt quite have the skills to control the ball (when attacking at this speed)Saying that he can have some nifty control when just walking/jogging at defenders[:D]I never thought that i would see him play for us and IF he does it will be a steal whatever the price!!!This lad will be all over the defenders in this league and as long as he beefs up abit (Lupoli!!!!) he will do us well enough to keep us in this league this year and fighting next season for play-offs!IMO

[quote user="one 4 the future"][quote user="singing canary"]hes young ... he will learn , if he scores a hattrick for norwich , i dont mind him getting sent off , as long as he does it in the 90th minute and we are 3-0 up!!![/quote]Can see ya point,but then there would be a little issue of suspension.[/quote]Oh yeah and he has got a temper[:$]I think i saw him play 4/5 times and only once did i see him strop altho was told that he can go over the top (from other Dartford fans)

At least now we have another person that will hoefully stop Russell playing upfront. This could be a fantastic piece of busniess f all goes well. Kevin Phillips came from sunday league football and Andrew Keogh and Michael Kightley came from small teams along with Freddy Eastwood. I won''t be complaing if he scores a couple on his debut. 

Hi  Ncfc-Jack, would that be "my names Jack" or would that  be "Swansea Jack" ? Makes no difference to me bit just interested  to know?