Sign in to follow this  
Ncfc-Jack

Cody Mcdonald

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Whoopie! Wonder if he''ll be any good! forgot about him! A permenant signing at least.[/quote]ha ha jimbo - yeah, right!!![;)]anyone else you''ve ''forgotten about???''but re the signing - a gamble who we can ill afford in our situaashun - it smacks of a hobsons choice pick - maybe one for the future (a league 1 future???) who could equally shine for us,,, or bomb...for the sake of NCFC - lets hope there are enough bankers in these tranny window gambles to keep city up...[:|]

Happy to see us take a punt on this type of signing. He looks like he knows where the goal is, will be keen to improve himself and presumably not on big money so its a no lose situation as far as I can see - as long as its as well as and not instead of a more established striker!

[img]http://www.dartfordfc.co.uk/Images/codymcdonald.jpg[/img]Ched Evans look-a-like replacement?!

Hopefully he scores goals like ''ol Ched!

he sounds as if he could be a hot prospect ,

thats what we need , considering a few other fairly big clubs have been looking at him

im happy with killen rather than koroma .

happy with david carney , o good left sided player.

regarding bell , if he wanted to go let him go , no point staying here if he wasnst happy .

fairly skillfull , no pace for a winger, so im not to dissapointed with his departure.

[quote user="AJ"][img]http://www.dartfordfc.co.uk/Images/codymcdonald.jpg[/img]

Ched Evans look-a-like replacement?!

Hopefully he scores goals like ''ol Ched!
[/quote]

Lol !

Absolutely rapid apparently, but then that probably is compared to a postman and a Firefighter! Loved the palace fans comments on him with the Fishy jokes! Glad to see we got our ''skates'' on and got a deal in ''plaice'' before they did tho!

[quote user="Canary Nut"]We shouldnt forget that a  striker like Phillips (now at Birmingham City) moved from Hitchin Town to Luton and then on to Sunderland........[/quote]lutonyeah - from hitchen to luton...its a big step-up for the boy,,,make no mistake - and obviously i love him to be a real gem of a find - but in our present situaashun - he represents a gamble...simple as - as do the others...for example,,,killen has done the biz (at times) up in the scots leagues - and we all know that form doesn''t always translate well down here from granty''s foray''s up north of the border...so who hand on heart knows these new boys have the necessary quality and nouse to hit the ground running and help NCFC avoid relegation???i doubt if anyone knows,,,therefore they are a gamble...lets hope they pay-off with quick returns...

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Canary Nut"]We shouldnt forget that a  striker like Phillips (now at Birmingham City) moved from Hitchin Town to Luton and then on to Sunderland........[/quote]luton

so who hand on heart knows these new boys have the necessary quality and nouse to hit the ground running and help NCFC avoid relegation???i doubt if anyone knows,,,therefore they are a gamble...lets hope they pay-off with quick returns...
[/quote]

They may be a gamble but do we have an alternative?

Its time for Russell to return to central midfield.

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Canary Nut"]We shouldnt forget that a  striker like Phillips (now at Birmingham City) moved from Hitchin Town to Luton and then on to Sunderland........[/quote]luton

so who hand on heart knows these new boys have the necessary quality and nouse to hit the ground running and help NCFC avoid relegation???i doubt if anyone knows,,,therefore they are a gamble...lets hope they pay-off with quick returns...[/quote]

They may be a gamble but do we have an alternative?

Its time for Russell to return to central midfield.

[/quote]clearly it shows the poverty of our situation...[:''(]and yeah rusty is needed alongside clinkers for sure...

If he does sign then he will need the supporters to be patient as I should imagine that he will not be up to Championship standards until the summer. He may make an appearence before the end of the season if we get some games at the end that Gunn is able to give him. Either way unless he is absolutely fantastic I doubt he will have an emediate impact.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Not really, with Killen joining, Gow about to join, and talk of Iversen still going
[/quote]

''Strikers R Us'' Lol

Gow Is A Midfield/Striker Tho....

If he signs, then good luck to him, and good luck to us for taking the punt - it would be fantastic (if not necessarily likely) if it came off and I don''t for one minute imagine that it will be costing a great deal.

[quote user="Bryan Bryan Gunn :)"]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Yay, a non-league striker and a 5th choice Celtic striker. [:D]
[/quote]

So you wouldnt take the peterboro front line.....i believe they came from non league.

mcdonald was wanted by charlton and palace.....

Also Fulham

I think this is good news, the worst that can happen is he doesn''t cut it and we offload him, but he''ll be young, hungry to prove what he can do and not on much money so where''s the risk?

[quote user="Bryan Bryan Gunn "]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Yay, a non-league striker and a 5th choice Celtic striker. [:D][/quote]

So you wouldnt take the peterboro front line.....i believe they came from non league.

mcdonald was wanted by charlton and palace.....

[/quote]Doesn''t mean that every non-league striker is the same otherwise they wouldn''t all be non-league. But yeah good luck to him hope I''m wrong.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I think this is good news, the worst that can happen is he doesn''t cut it and we offload him, but he''ll be young, hungry to prove what he can do and not on much money so where''s the risk?[/quote]there''s no risk if he''s third choice - but if he''s a starter each week the boy needs to assist/score 5 goals plus...if he bombs where does that leave us???sorry to be a killen-joy people - but the legends are surely gambling with our league status,,,ho hum...